What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Cliff Lyons was up there just behind Sterling,Lockyear and Johns for me. Suprised he never is spoken about. The guy was class.
Hate Manly but Cliffy was one of my favourite players. He was never active enough to be truly great though but when he chimed in, stuff was going to happen

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
At 19 who knows what his potential is? Low risk for potential high gain signing.
I agree he has high potential, but the risk depends on what we're paying him. Considering he is already on a top 30 contract for next year and the Dogs are releasing him, what have we promised? He'd be on more than minimum salary at Parra for sure, and he has never played first grade. Though at least he has proven his quality (as a backup at least) in two seasons of reserve grade.

TheCrowe

Juniors
I agree he has high potential, but the risk depends on what we're paying him. Considering he is already on a top 30 contract for next year and the Dogs are releasing him, what have we promised? He'd be on more than minimum salary at Parra for sure, and he has never played first grade. Though at least he has proven his quality (as a backup at least) in two seasons of reserve grade.
Is only on a development contract at the Dogs.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I'm sure if he was signed under BA , you'd have zero concerns....

Iongi is a great talent, but not super quick over the 100m. Very fast over the first 50m. Silky ball skills and great footwork. Yet another who was stuck behind a great player at Penrith who left for opportunities elsewhere. Hope he kills it next year.

yeah that’s the first thing I picked up on. 50m ok speed. Dies well off after that and get rundown. But his skills and vision look, he looks like a natural

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
The problem as I see it is not his ability to score tries as an individual.

What Gutho does and I haven’t seen him do in any highlight package is bring down a forward head on in the last line of defence, organise defence from the back and take 99% of those bombs including the wobbly ones that Joey spoofs about. Get up and do it again, effort after effort.

You can spend your life in reserve grade if you can’t tick those boxes.

BTW, I haven’t even touched on that 2nd 5/8 role with cut out pass on both left and right sides, which makes you elite.

Over to you, Izzy.

View attachment 95607

Do you reckon on highlight packages for Gutho they'd have him organising the defensive line?

hindy111

Post Whore

And the Dogs don't have a fullback so they obviously don't rate him to highly. Just like Alamoti who is a dud.

TheRam

Coach
Not really you need someone with Pace that can get on the outside of his man and create an overlap out the back..

We don't need an X factory that's was BA's brain child....

Edwards at the riff isn't an X factor just has a little bit more speed than Gutho and works off his halves...

I know we don't. But Slater, Edwards and Gutho were/are all relentless and had/have pace at their best. The only fullback that is in the top echelon of class that doesn't have that relentless killer quality in him is that fat lard Fatrell. Which I would never swap for when Gutho was at his best.

Fatrell is a centre wanting fullback money and applause without the sweat.

Latest posts