What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Legal Eel

Juniors
Who gives a shit if it’s detrimental to the player. That his problem, not the NRL.

It would be detrimental to the NRL’s brand if he is treated lightly.
This is why the NRL has to take this out of Brisbane’s hands or their credibility is shot.

NRL needs to stand him down for like 6-12 premiership games. This may seem harsh, but as someone pointed out, Dylan was in the same ballpark for a lesser offence

Legal Eel

Juniors
surely ezra is looking at some sort of jail time?
Unfortunately it is a little like the NRL judiciary, in that it will likely matter that both parties left the scene under their own steam…this is certainly an offence that can lead to gaol time, but I can’t see it in these circumstances, unless he has antecedents we don’t know about

Legal Eel

Juniors
I think when LE talks footy he has plenty of interesting stuff to say. Happy to read it, whether I agree with it or not.

Unfortunately the other 98% of his posts are attacking one member of this site. It’s a shame.
Point taken.

Every time I swear I won’t take the bait he sets out for the whole site and yet I always find myself annoyed by their comments - think you are right and I just can’t read his posts

This is why the NRL has to take this out of Brisbane’s hands or their credibility is shot.

NRL needs to stand him down for like 6-12 premiership games. This may seem harsh, but as someone pointed out, Dylan was in the same ballpark for a lesser offence

The NRL have never taken life-endagering driving offences seriously (unless someone was already on strike three). Unless Ezra was feeling up a passenger while driving they probably won't do much in the first instance.

Pazza

First Grade
Unfortunately it is a little like the NRL judiciary, in that it will likely matter that both parties left the scene under their own steam…this is certainly an offence that can lead to gaol time, but I can’t see it in these circumstances, unless he has antecedents we don’t know about

I guess it's hard because we don't know the full details of the situation. But the given the seriousness of the incident, he could have killed a lot of people. If this guy doesn't have the book thrown at him, I just don't know what to think anymore.

We got seatbelt detection cameras now, fatigue detection technology being installed in metro buses, point to point speed cameras etc. If you can do what Ezra did without serious consequences, then what's the point?

84 Baby

Referee
It's 3 seasons away. There will likely be 2 or even 3 new teams about to enter the comp within a year or two of then. 4 senior halves will have exited the market. It's unlikely the current No 1 half in the comp will be an option, certainly unlikely to be an easier to obtain option than Moses anyway.

I think Moses being only offered $1.5m a season is probably underestimating the price he could command then to be fair.
Ok Isaac

84 Baby

Referee
*accidents