What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours from the official forum

Avenger

Immortal
http://www.parraeels.com.au/eelsbboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13857

from the mouth of a parramatta insider, whom for the purpose of the exercise we shall call "fred".
hagan has instructed the club that he has no plans for a number of our players, most notably morris, vella and somewhat surprising cayless. keep morrisson at any cost was also a request.
the lyon deal looks very likely. however, expect a signing of an average first grade quality halfback to cover for tim smith. not for injury mind you. hagan doesnt rate him. aparrently, if hagan were here now smith would be playing prems for poor form.
hagan is keeping a close eye on our team and is in DAILY contact with management. as is brian smith at newcastle.
brians mind is aparrently not on the job, but DF doesnt see the point of paying him out this year when the season is virtually already gone anyhow and it will be a waste of money. i was surprised to hear they think the season is gone, but that seems to be the "subconcious" feeling around camp.
oh the joys of being a parra fan.

yy_cheng

Coach
From Spiderdan at the official forum

ok so the rev has posted elsewhere about glen morrison being asked to look elsewhere.

goboggo and i heard from that john williams would be joining manly next year (so this is what it feels like when spiders cry). it's been confirmed to me that williams has asked for a release to join them and the sausage sizzle guy is looking into whether the release has granted.

and jamie lyon has signed with us. an announcement should be coming soon.

stay tuned.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/eelsbboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13027&whichpage=3

Stagger eel

Staff member
I also read that, I found it very strange that the heavilly moderated forum had allowed the above post through, particulary the comment about Smith not having his mind on the job.

Avenger

Immortal
eelavation said:
I also read that, I found it very strange that the heavilly moderated forum had allowed the above post through, particulary the comment about Smith not having his mind on the job.

They also must have had enough. :D

Kornstar

Coach
Why would you want to sign an average halfback?????? That makes no sense, why wouldn't he just say he is going to bring Gidley with him to play halfback with Lyon at 5/8th.......

Avenger

Immortal
Kornstar said:
Why would you want to sign an average halfback?????? That makes no sense, why wouldn't he just say he is going to bring Gidley with him to play halfback with Lyon at 5/8th.......

Kurt Gidley is an average halfback. :D

I would just re-sign Blake Green.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:

because that's probably who he means.

Bazal

Post Whore
Well, given that we have four halfbacks in our top two grades, plus PJ Marsh who is a very capable back up half, I'd be willing to bet that rumour is crap. But hey, that's just me...

Utey

Coach
I wouldnt be suprised actually. Tim has been very average. Hages is coming to make a big big shake up.

spiderdan

Bench
to add to that quote from the eels board:

i also had it confirmed that john williams will be at manly next year. so i guess the release has been given.

a shame if you ask me. i reckon he's the best winger at the club right now.

strider

Post Whore
i'm quite shocked john williams doesn't get more of a go with us.... i know he's had some injuries, but i would still think his performances on the field would warrant more of a go .... is he a bad trainer or something??? .... i fear he'll be one who comes back to haunt us

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Go Hages, anyone who gets rid of Vella is alright by me!

Seriously, I like this shake-up idea. Why keep a losing culture? Cayless is past his best, I could handle losing him too.

I'm not sure about bringing in a mediocre halfback to replace Tim though. If it's Kidley and he partners Lyon in the halves, well I could handle that, Kidley is tearing it up at the moment. But I hope it isn't someone like Ben Reynolds or Brett Firman. I was actually hoping Hagan could straighten Tim out rather than get rid of him.

Assuming it's all true of course.

Y2Eel

First Grade
keep morrisson at any cost was also a request..

isnt there a rumour he is going to hull next season?

CrazyEel

Bench
May not be all that popular but to be honest that rumour is pretty much what I have been expecting from Hagan.

Y2Eel

First Grade
you'd think hagen would want to work with tim smith seeing as though tim had a great season last year and hagen has coached johns you'd think he could turn his form around....

Latest posts