What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
To be elite you are probably right in most cases. Yeo doesn't seem to have a lot of arrogance in him, but he is obviously very driven.

Yeo doesn't come across as arrogant but privately he'd know he is the best lock in the game.

I am sure he isn't losing his shit over bad words being written about him

Fangs

Coach
I too feel sorry for Hynes. Particularly the way he has been used a rep level.

The difference is I don't think he is cooked. He is an excellent footballer. But at 28 years he needs to sort things out quickly.

Fangs

Coach
Oh and step one for Hynes: Retire from rep football.

He has been f**ked sideways in rep games. Don't even make it a consideration.

soc123_au

Staff member
Yeo doesn't come across as arrogant but privately he'd know he is the best lock in the game.

I am sure he isn't losing his shit over bad words being written about him
He would know for sure, best thing is privately he is striving to be the best lock ever. Probably know he will be too. Thats not arrogance though, it's just facts.

I see arrogance as more someone like Walsh.

WestyLife

First Grade
He would know for sure, best thing is privately he is striving to be the best lock ever. Probably know he will be too. Thats not arrogance though, it's just facts.

I kind of understand walsh though. QLD public treat him like a rock star. Be hard as a young bloke also on big $$ to not fall into it.

Iamback

Coach

You don't too FG being an average player. No doubt little Yeo was tearing up Dubbo u10's.

What would of helped was Yeo's dad playing but not being a regular FGer. You see the same with Nathan too.

Guys like Walsh haven't had that to lean on.

To be fair though Sharks should have Nico on a media ban until he can block the noise out

WestyLife

First Grade
He seemed like a nice guy when he was playing for the Warriors and based on the Central Coast. Does seem like a princess now though

Usually takes a couple of seasons to come out of their shells

The general public up there especially the girls are going nuts over him. From what people are saying its worse than normal for even broncos players who are already stars being a one team town and all.

How many of us handle that well in our early 20s. Think most of us are thankful camera phones weren't everywhere.

Oh and step one for Hynes: Retire from rep football.

He has been f**ked sideways in rep games. Don't even make it a consideration.
I don’t get this view. If you are back on the bench for Origin you are a) not going to get a long time in the field and b) expected to cover injury.

Are you suggesting he shouldn’t have been selected?

Fangs

Coach
I don’t get this view. If you are back on the bench for Origin you are a) not going to get a long time in the field and b) expected to cover injury.

Are you suggesting he shouldn’t have been selected?

Shouldn't have been selected for the role he played in 2023 no.

He played off the bench for NSW and found himself at centre for 7 minutes. Loose tackle that led to a try and QLD victory and was then dropped. Hasn't been the same player since tbh.

Then gets the 7 this year and plays with 12 men. We didn't learn much at all about Hynes or NSW in that game. And the cherry on top was getting dropped again. Another dagger to Nicho's heart.

Go back and watch his performance against Penrith before Origin I when he was hotly speculated as the 7. He had an absolute shocker and they just subbed him off before it got too ugly. He is a fragile flower. The blowtorch of the Origin arena is the last thing he needs in 2025.