What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I'd take BJ for sure. Even with a single brain explosion every game he is still miles better than anyone in our backline
Not only better then others in the backline, let’s not forget some of the brain explosions by some of the current players as well BrotherJim. Brooks and Benji come quickly to mind.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Some goss.. Douhi is a done deal could be announced tomorrow and BJ is very close. Not sure how good the oil is

f**k me that would be good for us.

1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Momo/Mbye
5. Thompson/Jennings

If Mbye moves to 9 then Momo would get left Centre. Thompson and Jennings would fight it out for wing but I reckon Thompson would win based on his speed. Jennings would have to be playing his heart out in reggies for a new contract so it would keep the 1-5 from getting complacent

Unless we move on someone then I reckon we don't bother with Stefano for 2020 so we can keep the last spot open for the likely event of someone awesome coming to market by mid season

Das Hassler

Bench
f**k me that would be good for us.

1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Momo/Mbye
5. Thompson/Jennings

If Mbye moves to 9 then Momo would get left Centre. Thompson and Jennings would fight it out for wing but I reckon Thompson would win based on his speed. Jennings would have to be playing his heart out in reggies for a new contract so it would keep the 1-5 from getting complacent

Unless we move on someone then I reckon we don't bother with Stefano for 2020 so we can keep the last spot open for the likely event of someone awesome coming to market by mid season

And you also have Talau to factor in

BJ and Doueihi would be a reasonable outcome for the backs. I do have concerns about Doueihi's ability to score at the back but perhaps being settled in one position may change his fortunes. He is only young though and hasn't yet hit his ceiling.

The only position we'd be seriously lacking in then would be hooker.

Shredder

Juniors
If we end up with BJ and Doueihi I'll be happy with our acquisitions. Not ecstatic, but happy enough.

We've extended some of our good young forwards, picked up a couple of chancers and I think with these two, add something to the side that was missing.

Would be nice if Rapana hates Rugby and wants to come back and play with his mate with us as well.

Tigerm

First Grade
If we sign AD and the plan is to have him at fullback i hope its done ASAP

Round 1 is less then 8 weeks away, we cant go much longer training without a first choice member of the spine there
Though I still think Thommo will get first crack at FB, he deserves it IMO.

The unknown

Juniors
Though I still think Thommo will get first crack at FB, he deserves it IMO.

I love Corey and he’s all heart but he’s only ever been a mr fix it type signing for us imo, I doubt he gets a gig at fullback at most other clubs

I still think he’ll play wing though.

I love Corey and he’s all heart but he’s only ever been a mr fix it type signing for us, I doubt he gets a gig at fullback at most other clubs

I still think he’ll play wing though.

I think where Thompson finishes his career here is an arbiter of how we have progressed. If he's not playing CC by the time he finishes up our backline is probably not up to standard.

If we land BJ Momo will end up on the wing and Thommo and Jennings will both likely miss out.

It's a good outcome, a bit more depth in the centres, a quality signing and competition for spots on the wing.

Tiger Ted

Bench
AD to fullback then replace Benji after this year. Either way he’s a great asset and can play multiple positions.

The fact souffs fans are blowing up about his potential department means we scored a good one
We have unequivocally scored a good one.As I’ve said recently AD is a quality kid with an enormous future in front of him plus he’s a Balmain junior !

Tiger05

First Grade
We have unequivocally scored a good one.As I’ve said recently AD is a quality kid with an enormous future in front of him plus he’s a Balmain junior !

It's not official is it. I'll wait until we get an official announcement. Has he been release from Souths. Typically the club releasing the player makes an announcement prior to the new club announcing the signing.

super_coach

First Grade
AD is no super star or even a elite Fgrader, but what he offers is just what we need. A young big back who has some skills and is on the up and who knows how far he can go.

Just nice to be investing in a kid who has plenty of upside and is not half down the big slippery dip like so many of our signings in the past.

Of course nothing offical yet but if the club pull it off I think it could be a great signing. As for BJ, not sure on that one, I just hope it is not blocking a pathway for young Tommy T

Latest posts