What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Wizardman

First Grade
Great signing for Tigers, sad to see him leave Souths.
Anyone questioning the value will change their mind by about round 10. He’s the sort of player that you can have as a foundation of the club for the next decade.
Do you really have that much of a wrap on him?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Great signing for Tigers, sad to see him leave Souths.
Anyone questioning the value will change their mind by about round 10. He’s the sort of player that you can have as a foundation of the club for the next decade.

Where do you think his best position is mate? I thought he looked fairly safe at fullback but struggled it get involved in attack. You guys could probably hide it but we need a genuine strike weapon at 1

Another question, have you seen him stride out much? I know he was coming off an ACL but he didn’t seem to have much speed to me.

I like him as a 6, but there’s no way we’ve signed him to play off the bench this year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I have popped onto here during my lunch break, but have to get back.

Anyway, if the reports are true, I wanted to congratulate you on the signing. Obviously, we showed interest, but it wasn't to be.

I guess it is a coming home of sorts. Anyway, well done.

From what I got told the Roosters were never overly serious on him, more so his management using his uncle being on their staff as a scare tactic to Wests. Roosters and Tigers have a very good relationship through Hartigan and Lee/Politis being good mates. It got back to them and they called Ayoub/Souths bluff which has appeared to work.

Listen mate, everyone hates the bloody roosters and their fans.
Who the hell gave you the right to come on here and be a reasonable and likeable person ?
Can you please try harder to be the typical arsehole rooster fan, so we can go back to hating you.
Cheers !
Now, on topic . . . Our forwards are looking much better. BJ should add some mongrel to our backs. That bit of something extra we sadly lack 10m away from the tryline. Douehi gives us height, a bit of speed and some offloading/ball playing. The ball won't die with him as much as CT.
The lend of the Storm hooker should round out things nicely.
We should be keen. I know we are always keen in February, but this year it's different.
Yeah yeah, we always say that . . . I know.
Hahaha, thanks mate.
Us Roosters supporters are fantastic. We are not the biggest in number, but we are passionate about our team as much as anyone else. I think you are getting mixed up with the Rabble supporters, or perhaps those from the Eels, Bulldogs or Dragons!
Anyway, all good. Being reasonable, and not holding unnecessary grudges, is the Roosters way, quite a contrast to certain other clubs in this competition.
Anyway, as mentioned, well done on the signing. Things seem to be looking up in Tigerland.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/01/30/wests-tigers-sign-adam-doueihi/

109a9879.jpg

f**k that photo that warms the heart.

More class to follow I bet.

Harry Grant mmmm.

Legion

Juniors
I thought everyone hates Manly and their fans! I actually don't. I don't think the world of them, but they are certainly less offensive than some others I can think of.
Before Melbourne, Brisbane & the Warriors joined the comp, absolutely.
Back in the day, every other week a few sad Bears supporters would turn up to the pub to try & stir up some support; "Who's coming to the game?" they'd ask, hopefully I might add.

On that once a year when the lowly placed Bears played the high flying Manly at North Sydney Oval, how could one say no? God that was fun watching their mostly poached stars getting flogged by the Bears.

And Bobby Fulton always had an excuse; one year he said 'Well, we prepared to play on a hard surface but someone turned the sprinklers on the night before so the ground .... sob .... was soft' bwahahaha suck it up Bobby.

But, times have changed. There's only so much 'hate' to go around. Manlys a dickhead club but they're OUR dickhead club. A bit like my twin brother really. I'm allowed to give him shit but God help anyone else try, he's MY punching bag.

Manly is a Sydney club & any Sydney-sider who chooses Brisbane or Melbourne or Warriors over Manly is not worth knowing as far as I'm concerned.

Plus they've got Tommy Turbo & his brother. Solid Blues players. What type of creature doesn't love Tommy?

Legion

Juniors
Our forwards are looking much better. BJ should add some mongrel to our backs. That bit of something extra we sadly lack 10m away from the tryline. Douehi gives us height, a bit of speed and some offloading/ball playing. The ball won't die with him as much as CT.
The lend of the Storm hooker should round out things nicely.
We should be keen. I know we are always keen in February, but this year it's different.
Yeah yeah, we always say that . . . I know.

Things are looking up & we now have much to look forward to.
Madge knows what he's doing & he'll get the best out of everyone.

The thing I expect to see the most is that Madge will have them playing as a team. No show ponies. No Latrell Mitchells. No Princess Moses. No one thinking they're better than the bloke standing next to him.

Under Madge I had a good feeling but thought that 2020 would be a rebuilding year. What I see now is we'll be playing finals footy. We've got the makings of a good team. A very good team if they all come together & stay clear of major injuries.
The next few following years I think we're in for a chance at the big one .... but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
For me, finishing 6th this year would be a win. Just a step towards bigger & better things to come.

Last edited:

Pommy

Coach
Where do you think his best position is mate? I thought he looked fairly safe at fullback but struggled it get involved in attack. You guys could probably hide it but we need a genuine strike weapon at 1

Another question, have you seen him stride out much? I know he was coming off an ACL but he didn’t seem to have much speed to me.

I like him as a 6, but there’s no way we’ve signed him to play off the bench this year.

His biggest strength for the team is probably his biggest weakness for his own career and that’s his utility.
Right now I think 6 is probably his best position but perhaps a year in at number 1 and work on his speed and play consistently he can own it. He is still young and never really had a settled position with us he did whatever was asked.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I have a theory:

1. Addo-Carr needs a new home for 2021. His first choice is Tigers. Melbourne won't release him unless they get a replacement. If Smith retires they will also need a goal kicker.
2. Does Momo fit that bill? How about a one year trial to see?
3. 2021 - if Bellamy is happy with Momo then he signs him up long term at Melbourne and agrees to release Addo-Carr to Tigers. He sure as shit didn't want him going to Roosters or Bunnies.

Win/Win for everyone involved

2021 Backline:

1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Mbye
5. Addo-Carr
6. Walters/Talau
7. Brooks

Then 2022 another favorite son playing for another club comes off contract...same time Reynolds and Packers contracts end....just a theory

cerberus

Coach
Ok so who is our goal kicker because.
As we had the shittyest kicker in the comp for the past two seasons and if momo is going to melbourne . Then f**k me
maybe will need to try the goal kicker from minto cobras U10's

WA Tiger

Bench
“Has to work on his speed”. Geez thats not encouraging for our 1.I would have thought u have speed or u don’t- unless he’s injured which I think was the original question. Sounds more like a centre. So leave Corey at 1 and Mbye as back up hooker. In fact Who cares where Mbye go’s ..someone said AD can kick goals.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I have a theory:

1. Addo-Carr needs a new home for 2021. His first choice is Tigers. Melbourne won't release him unless they get a replacement. If Smith retires they will also need a goal kicker.
2. Does Momo fit that bill? How about a one year trial to see?
3. 2021 - if Bellamy is happy with Momo then he signs him up long term at Melbourne and agrees to release Addo-Carr to Tigers. He sure as shit didn't want him going to Roosters or Bunnies.

Win/Win for everyone involved

2021 Backline:

1. AD
2. Nofa
3. BJ
4. Mbye
5. Addo-Carr
6. Walters/Talau
7. Brooks

Then 2022 another favorite son playing for another club comes off contract...same time Reynolds and Packers contracts end....just a theory
I think that’s a Tad optimistic...the swap for Momo was with a rookie unproven hooker.Ado Carr is in the very top echelon of nrl players and the fastest.The good news is we just need to do very well this year, then the sky’s the limit and that looks possible now.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Momo must be feeling like the gap filler guy.He couldn’t help but learn a heep at the storm tho

Last edited: