1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumours (signings, sackings & other stuff)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Old tiger 79 likes this.
  2. Old tiger 79

Old tiger 79 Juniors

Do it, do it. Resign the old bastard if he thinks he can go another year

3. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

4. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

So is it legit or not?

5. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

I'm all for re-signing Benji if we can move Reynolds on. If not, then it's just not feesible carrying both to play reserve grade, given that Doueihi will likely move to 5/8, or Mbye to 5/8 and Doueihi to left centre.

If we sign JAC and he kills it at fullback their will be a massive reshuffle and Benji/Reynolds won't have a place

6. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

‘Epitome of passion’: Wests Tigers fans launch petition urging club to keep Benji Marshall

September 11, 2020 3:37pm
    George Clarke
    Source: FOX SPORTS

Tigers fans pleading the keep hold of premiership-winning playmaker Benji Marshall have launched a petition in the hope club hierarchy reverse their decision to let him leave for 2021.

The Tigers said they wouldn’t be keeping him beyond this season with club CEO Justin Pascoe saying: “the reality with our roster management is that he will not be with Wests Tigers next year”.

Marshall, however, learned that he was no longer wanted by the Tigers in the papers the day before Pascoe’s public statement.

Speaking on NRL360 that same week, the Kiwi international said : “If anything I was a bit disappointed the way I found out, reading it in the paper. That was a little bit disappointing for me.”

“I had a good chat with the coach; he laid out where I stood. I appreciated the honesty, I can finish the season and then both parties will move on. It was pretty normal (the chat with Maguire).

Coach Michael Maguire described the decision to tell Marshall he wouldn’t be re-signed for 2021 as one of the hardest calls of his career.

But now Tigers fans have urged the club to keep hold of the legendary playmaker.

After being online for an hour, the petition had already attracted north of 500 votes.

“This isn’t the way to treat a club legend,” wrote Kathie Trypas, who established the petition. “Benji deserves to play as a TIGER for his final season in 2021.

“Fans, let’s show the Wests Tigers board, management and coaching staff how passionate we are to keep Benji a TIGER in 2021!”

A number of other fans chipped in with their reasoning why the club should not let the 300-gamer leave.

“I’m signing this petition because we at Wests Tigers do not treat the legends of our club like this,” wrote Jason Marmara.

“We give them the chance to leave with the pride and dignity in which they represented our club with.

“He still has the talent and leadership to take our club to the finals & deserves every chance to do that in 2021.”

Kellie Roser wrote: “Benji is the epitome of passion, loyalty and a true legend.

“You treated him poorly the first time you shafted him and he still came back and played with pride.

“You don’t treat anybody who exhibits his pride and love of the Wests Tigers like this.

“Who ever made this decision should be appalled by it, because I got one am disgusted!”

While Tony Murphy added:” You can’t not sign the one bloke that creates most of our tries.”

Biggest load of rubbish I’ve read in my life. Bye bye Benji, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

7. Old tiger 79

Old tiger 79 Juniors

Biggest load of rubbish I’ve read in my life. Bye bye Benji, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.[/QUOTE]

f**k you merkin, you should take A bit of you’re own advise. If Benji wants another year let him & make his prove it!

8. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

500 signatures, my god, can’t believe this is getting any air by news groups, except of course it is us and Benji.

9. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

f**k you merkin, you should take A bit of you’re own advise. If Benji wants another year let him & make his prove it![/QUOTE]

Next year, next year , next year!!!! Tigers fans since 1989

10. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

11. Old tiger 79

Old tiger 79 Juniors

I’m one of those signatures as well.

12. Front-Rower

Front-Rower Bench

2005 called. It wants you to let go.

gordsy and simmo05 like this.
  13. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

It's taken on a life of it's own now. Only 500 signatures though.

14. Old tiger 79

Old tiger 79 Juniors

It’s legit, doubt it work though. His probably going to have to go to England

15. simmo05

simmo05 Bench

f**k you merkin, you should take A bit of you’re own advise. If Benji wants another year let him & make his prove it![/QUOTE]
    Please

WA Tiger likes this.
  16. magpie_man

magpie_man Juniors

AJ now staying at Souths and Saab might be going to Manly; even if we do land JAC I'd still love another speedster in our backline.
    Hopefully we've still got Charlie Staines on the radar.

Shredder and axl rose like this.
  17. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

I'd imagine that unless Grub takes the deal with Wigan our recruitment will likely be limited to Tamou and JAC.

magpie_man and Tigerm like this.
  18. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Yep, for next year only though. So, we needn't rush next year for others.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  19. Mr Spock!

Mr Spock! Coach

Better luck next year, Tiges

20. Hoofhearted

Hoofhearted Juniors

James Tamou signs two-year deal with Wests Tigers
    Panthers prop James Tamou had been weighing-up an offer from St George Illawarra, but has knocked back the approach to link with another Sydney club.

David Riccio, The Daily Telegraph
    Subscriber only
    |
    September 15, 2020 1:53pm

[​IMG]

Wests Tigers have finally landed a major scalp with the signing of former Test and premiership-winning prop James Tamou.

The leader of Penrith’s pack, Tamou has agreed to join the Tigers on a two-year deal, which is expected to be formally announced within the next 48 hours.

Hugely respected both on and off the field, Tamou’s experience and success at the highest level of the game will be pivotal to the Tigers desperate ambition to be considered a premiership force.

With 263-games worth of NRL experience, Tamou can reach the 300-club with the Tigers, having made his debut for North Queensland in 2009.

The 2015 premiership-winning prop with the Cowboys is an important and relieving signing for the Tigers who have missed out recently on Latrell Mitchell, Kurt Capewell, Jai Arrow, AJ Brimson and Matt Moylan.

With Penrith’s focus on retaining their rich young crop of talent, Tamou had been weighing-up an offer from St George Illawarra, but knocked back the approach to link with the Tigers.