1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rumours (signings, sackings & other stuff)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. stryker

stryker Juniors

If Grant leaves Melbourne, are you expecting he would jump at the chance to sign here?
    I reckon the Roosters would tap Friend on the shoulder immediately.
    If not them there would be others. My suspicion would be he only signs here if it’s the only option or he is massively overpaid.

2. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

I reckon he would sign on with us. He seems to really enjoy playing under Madge, and you could argue that Madge is the one who brought his best out of him.

JAC, Grant and Tamoa in our 17 makes Tigers an insanely more attractive team to play in

benched tiger, macnaz and Tigerm like this.
  3. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

We won’t know until it happens, but he has consistently said he admires Madge’s style, so I would be quietly confident.

4. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Referee

Tamous a good start. He alone won’t change the side but he can be the beginning of it. 2 years is a surprisingly good get for us

Just read that he has the most meters per minute of any prop on the comp this year so a lot of quality there

Pack next year looking strong:

8. Aloiai
    9. Liddle
    10. Tamou
    11. Leilua
    12. Blore/McIntyre
    13. Twal

14. Utoikamanu
    15. Musgrove/Mikaele
    16. McIntyre/Blore
    17. Simpkins

5. stryker

stryker Juniors

That is true and if Douehi is a 5/8 then we only require a fullback

6. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

Aussie Jim is a great pick up for you guys. He was patchy in his first year for us, but has been very consistent since then. I think his leadership has helped with the rise of our other forwards too. He still has a few good years left in him, so should be a good signing on & off the field.

7. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Cheers, I think this is how most have seen this. Russell Packer hasn’t done this for us, for a few reasons.

8. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Last I heard Storm are targeting : insisting Nofo for the JAC swap..That’s just smart arse..They know thats a no answer and are just playing the game..stalling

axl rose likes this.
  9. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

Jimmy is a different beast to Fudge. Both very capable players at their best, but leadership and attitude from what I can tell is well stacked in Jimmy's favour. I dont recall Tamou ever stepping out of line off field. He has been the type of player others should aspire to emulate from day one. I really hope he takes your young players under his wing, Blore & the kid from Parra should shine with his help.

Tigerm and WA Tiger like this.
  10. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

For sure!

Tigerm and soc123_au like this.
  11. TheDefinitionOfMadness

TheDefinitionOfMadness Juniors

Why are they being smart arses? The way I see it is that they have a player under contract who wants to leave and they are happy for him to leave as long as they get a swap on equal (or close to equal) terms. I call that being smart and looking after your club first and foremost. JAC signed a contract which Melbourne are happy to honour. If JAC wants to break it why should they be disadvantaged?

This is something we have failed to learn with Moses, Cleary, and Matterson. In each case we've just accepted getting shafted. We could learn from a professional outfit like Melbourne. We really should have worked it out ourselves a long time ago.

What's the old saying, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. And in our case fool me three times and we are a pack of easily manipulated knobs

12. Fordy20

Fordy20 Juniors

Cleary targeted Gutherson for the Moses swap, but got Twal instead. We should have insisted on an early release of Stephano in turn for Matterson being released, but I'm not sure what we could have got with respect to Cleary.

I also think they are being smart arses by saying they want Nofo as well, but I reckon it's because they want JAC and the club to focus on the finals and leave the horse trading until the off season.

WA Tiger likes this.
  13. stryker

stryker Juniors

They are good operators and are holding all the cards. If we tangle with them, we’ll lose two players

The Rosco likes this.
  14. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

And yet we swapped Grant for Momo.

15. benched tiger

benched tiger Bench

JAC for BJ and RJ seems fair :thumbsup:

Tigerm and Fordy20 like this.
  16. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Possibly....Here’s a theory...Bellamy tells Smith to delay his call that he will play on just so we don’t get too comfortable with Grant staying at WT...Looks like the off season could be where all our action lies

17. Hoofhearted

Hoofhearted Juniors

Expect the Broncos to roll out the red carpet, they have been suspiciously quiet this whole time and have money to spend since losing Fifita. Dont be fooled by whats happened up there this year, they are a power house club owned by News Ltd, Harry is from QLD and they need a hooker.

18. Hoofhearted

Hoofhearted Juniors

This is honestly a good option, BJ has offered nothing this year and Talau can take his spot. Maybe Bellamy can get something out of him and the storm are actually short on centres, plus we get Momo back next year.

Old Time Tiger likes this.
  19. Kilkenny

Kilkenny First Grade

Does anyone have any control over Silverdale on here?

He’s been active on our forum around trying to tell us we should be playing our SOO half back at fullback.

I understand everyone is entitled to there opinion, but there is a line.

Is someone here capable of telling him to pull his head in?

Aliceinwonderland likes this.
  20. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

I don’t know if we do . I’ll try
    Silverdale WTF