Rumours (signings, sackings & other stuff)

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by madunit, Apr 8, 2017.

1. axl rose

axl rose Bench

If nothing else, should be very entertaining with Roberts & Leilua in the backline. Also a lot of broken tv screens.

Tigerm and Disillusioned Tiger like this.
  2. axl rose

axl rose Bench

hah an average front rowers contract gets us on the back page. Isn't there Cricket to talk about or something.

Tigerm likes this.
  3. The Rosco

The Rosco Juniors

Up till now, when I'm 5 beers deep watching the footy and Roberts happens to be playing . . . . and I have to listen to the faffing about "Jimmy the jet" . . . I easily amuse myself by making aeronautical sounds and actions every time he gets the ball.
    My family will have to do without my surely hilarious routine for a year or 2 now . . .

macnaz and axl rose like this.
  4. Tiger05

Tiger05 First Grade

I have zero expectations of the guy. If he makes the team and performs I'd be amazed.

Disillusioned Tiger likes this.
  5. Crazyperpman

Crazyperpman Juniors

This could be the best centre partnering in NRL History.

BJ doing stupid stuff on the field and the Jet doing stupid stuff off the field.

benched tiger, macnaz, Tigerm and 3 others like this.
  6. simmo1

simmo1 Bench

I'm very skeptical Roberts will ever find his best form again, but with next year already looking like a write off it's hard to see how we can lose offering him a cheap one year contract.

7. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

At least the Jet will make it more obvious how shit slow our backs are ...excl Nofo

axl rose likes this.
  8. Choiboi

Choiboi Juniors

It's official. No release for Daine Laurie, but done deal. I guess we can put up with Mbye as FB for one year til this kid joins us

Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm that rising talent Daine Laurie has agreed to join the club from the start of the 2022 NRL season.

The 21-year-old Laurie — who is contracted to the Penrith Panthers for the 2021 season — has signed a two-year contract that will see him feature in Wests Tigers from the start of the 2022 season until at least the end of the 2023 season.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/20/wests-tigers-sign-daine-laurie/

Perth Tiger likes this.
  9. Perth Tiger

Perth Tiger Juniors

I like the continued signings of young talented players rather than overpaid 'veterans'

Only thing with Laurie is he seems kinda small. Fullbacks tend to need a bit of size these days unless they are freaks like Papenhuyzen

10. Disillusioned Tiger

Disillusioned Tiger Juniors

He can’t do any worse than Allan did on Wednesday!

macnaz and Perth Tiger like this.
  11. Port Panther

Port Panther Juniors

Poor Daine just flushed his future down the toilet .....will be easily replaced at Pantherland .

Aliceinwonderland likes this.
  12. Choiboi

Choiboi Juniors

Ok

Tigerm likes this.
  13. stryker

stryker Juniors

WA Tiger likes this.
  14. stryker

stryker Juniors

Ooh that was extra salty.
    Maybe he didn’t want to keep playing with smug merkins incapable of backing up their mouths?

15. Tigerm

Tigerm Bench

Well it’s obvious that you blokes choke at the wrong game, he thought he would try a team on the up, enjoy the slide dickhead.

axl rose likes this.
  16. WA Tiger

WA Tiger Juniors

Imo it always comes back to the coach...I don’t mind the hippies methods but he’s come undone for a reason also 1 He loves Cleary despite Cleary not icing the game 2 He’s didn’t back Ado Carr despite the obvious penalty try that was disallowed..Now he’s saying they will have to fire him for him to leave the coaching job oh dear

17. Vozzy

Vozzy Juniors

Well he seems to have a good passing game aswell which fullbacks need plus is also quick. Atleast we have found some speed now. Its no Addo Carr but its someone who has similar potential and is only 21. Hopefully he can be more like Preston campbell/matt bowen type player.

WA Tiger likes this.
  18. Pezz70

Pezz70 Juniors

Shocking selections all over the park. Gutherson was an absolute failure at centre, Wighton was marginal (would have been so much better at 5/8), Walker is just not state of origin quality, he did some good things in the series but for long periods of the game you just don’t see him. Not taking a utility back into the decider was just a rookie error, Yeo at centre was a joke. Players in position is the order of the day, you can say QLD did the same (players out of there spots) but NSW shit selections allowed them to get away with it.

19. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Bench

Queensland were willing to hold their hand over the fire until it burnt through to the bone. NSW felt they had too much talent to go near the fire.

That's the difference between NSW and Queensland and its been that way for a long time

The Rosco likes this.
  20. Port Panther

Port Panther Juniors

Well just as long as he is happy at the bottom of the ladder for the next few years with all your duds i guess thats all that matters merkin.

Aliceinwonderland likes this.