What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
100% Hodgson is a good signing. He will help with Liddle/Simpkin development, not hinder it. If Parramatta are looking at Cotric then that is definitely done and dusted. I don't see why Cotric would want to go from a struggling team to a struggling team, when he could go to a top 8 shoe-in team like Parra.

The scary shit about next year is that Broncos and Bulldogs will be much stronger. Broncos looked like they were starting to find a bit of their mojo towards the end of the year, plus Capewell and Reynolds will be massive for them. Bulldogs have Addo-Carr, Vaughan, Dufty and Burton all coming on board which is a huge upgrade compared to the Gidart, Peachy and Hastings we have incoming.

100% Hodgson is a good signing. He will help with Liddle/Simpkin development, not hinder it. If Parramatta are looking at Cotric then that is definitely done and dusted. I don't see why Cotric would want to go from a struggling team to a struggling team, when he could go to a top 8 shoe-in team like Parra.

The scary shit about next year is that Broncos and Bulldogs will be much stronger. Broncos looked like they were starting to find a bit of their mojo towards the end of the year, plus Capewell and Reynolds will be massive for them. Bulldogs have Addo-Carr, Vaughan, Dufty and Burton all coming on board which is a huge upgrade compared to the Gidart, Peachy and Hastings we have incoming.
Of the doggies new recruits, I’d take Burton has having the most promise. Gifted player.

played far better footy for us
I agree without any hestitation.

That could have been Madge’s final submission to the review board!

The last thing his manager recommended he point out after he was straightening his tie readying himself for the axe.

“ If everybody is still looking stern at the end, mention Harry. Here, I will write an h on your wrist to remind you”

Pezz70

Juniors
Hodgson would be a disastrous signing, absolute waste of cash, we have two hookers who get through 40-50 tackles whenever they play, both have the ability to crack a defence, the only real reservation is the lack of a kicking game out of dummy half, the two young blokes floating around NRL have Robbie Farah guiding them, Hodgson money would be better off spent on a hard edged backrower, a big winger and a centre. Whoever is pushing that call should be shown the door, no strategic nous at all

Pezz70

Juniors
With Doueihi out til like round nine next year and Laurie coming back from surgery probably be a struggle to get early results. We will struggle no matter what next year also Id rather plan for 2023 now looking at who will be on the market. There are no "stars" left for next year that will make a big difference better to not splash for the sake of it. A new coach would of been on a hiding to nothing probably saved $700k.
Seems like we’ve been planning for ‘2023’ for the last 10 years. What a shit fight this club is! We’re alway forgetting this/next season to focus on when things get better (that’s a definite sign of a shit culture), they never do, so how about we drive the let’s be a success next season bandwagon. There were some good ‘individual’ performances at times last year, even in games we lost, but we never really put it together as a defensive ‘team’, the boys need to step it up, get desperate. Maybe we need a footy whisperer in to work on the mental side of things.

Gazjack85

Juniors

This would represent a new low for WT. A 32 year old off two new reconstructions. What is going on? We've invested time, money and effort into Liddle and Simpkin. What was all of that for?

We've also added Peachey and Hastings who are both spoken of as lock forwards so no need for hodgson to play that role.

I couldn't be more disappointed.
Everyone would like to see Jacob do well after such a bad run of injuries, so far its just not working and with the reported conflict with Madge the best choice for both the club and player would be to move on. Simpkin no doubt is seen as the future now and will continue with being transitioned into first grade. Hodgson will add so much to this team in attack, defence and leadership, he and Hastings will be very good additions

Answer for @Ned Kelly courtesy @Twizzle. So check that bell thing next to the envelope at the top of the screen and fool around with the options.

Ive been trying to set my preferences on Socky (@soc123_au ) alert myself but I’m afraid of being electrocuted each time he posts.

He’s a worthy opponent though, I’m sure he’s really nice in the fiction that is the real world.

B19E7AB4-42B0-4F6C-8516-791BD28F20B6.jpeg

Das Hassler

Bench
So based on the above logic you would also be thinking the Broncos will be letting Langer go?

Not everything relates from club to club but fair enough...i meant more that Farah was supposedly brought in to work with Liddle and Simpkin and now bringing in a veteran hardheaded Englishman for 2 years might not work so smoothly....or maybe they'd work sensationally together.

Not everything relates from club to club but fair enough...i meant more that Farah was supposedly brought in to work with Liddle and Simpkin and now bringing in a veteran hardheaded Englishman for 2 years might not work so smoothly....or maybe they'd work sensationally together.
I thought you were being cheeky!

Fordy20

Juniors
Sometimes we don't get official notices. Apparently Snoop is gone, but there wasn't an official announcement.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Hartigan is gone. Sheens is in control. I've thought the club was heading in the right direction despite shitty results. Now I think they look to be heading in the wrong direction. Hopefully we get some good results.

Last edited: