What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The worst bit about signing a Panthers player is getting our forum flooded with their deadshit fans

They are easily distracted brainwashed.

Most of them were defending May until their club garrotted him.

A few brave souls such as @ACTPanthers, @herbert henry1908 stood firm and were eventually rewarded for their courage standing up for the victims. They are the best of their forum, I admire them.

But many of them are under the spell of Ivan, whom we know, abandoned his post for pathetic self interest. Texted the players goodbye the sneaky coward and the enchantment of the gf was wrecked under his watch.

Half the side gone in a couple of weeks. Players haven’t bought in Penrith. Get a gf and get out of there seemed to be the order of the day.

Everyone at the Panthers thinks they are worth a billion, no one copping unders.

That’s leadership and loyalty under the treacherous narcissism of their coach and his juvenile delinquent idiot son.

The Panthers are not a destination club. They are more like a footy brothel for younger players. Get introduced to footy delights for the first time and then get out hoping no one noticed you played for them.

Sad.

To be fair, they have very good mods on Panthers LU. Tolerant and just.

Last edited:

Someone2

Juniors
Is it a coincidence that as soon as Nathan Cayless joins the coaching staff the club starts to attract some decent players?

my bold prediction is Madge to be sacked by mid year and Cayless to be given a 3yr contact as head coach

Someone2

Juniors
Potential 2023 team:

1. Laurie
2. Nofoaluma
3. Gidart or Talau
4. Cotric
5. Maumalo
6. Douihi
7. Brooks or Hastings
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Twal
11. Papali'i
12. Blore
13. Thompson

14. Ofahengaue
15. Musgrove/Mikale
16. Peachy
17. Seyfarth/Simpkin(s)/Nanai*
Meh

might be able to sneak into 7th or 8th if another weak comp like this year

super_coach

First Grade
Keeping the young kids interested is going to be the hard part when their pathway gets blocked. It becomes a real balancing act. Blokes like Seyfarth, Simkins and Talau
Meh

might be able to sneak into 7th or 8th if another weak comp like this year
Will need both Cotric and Thompson to get any where need the 8 in 22. Of course 23 should be the year we start our run, with our juniors that bit older and a couple of class signings

Shredder

Juniors
I reckon we will be using Liddle as a bargaining chip.

We have made it pretty clear over the years that the club sees Simpkins as our long term 9.

Wouldnt be surprised if Liddle makes way

Tigerm

First Grade
I reckon we will be using Liddle as a bargaining chip.

We have made it pretty clear over the years that the club sees Simpkins as our long term 9.

Wouldnt be surprised if Liddle makes way
But not for '22 surely, unless we get Api for next year?

Just don't think Simpkin is ready for a full season of NRL?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Wouldn’t that be great.

I like Liddell, but we need players who can improve positions, don’t we.
I think Liddle has tons of improvement in him but we are at a point where we need players to fire right now.
I wouldn’t be mad at that swap either but I don’t reckon it’ll happen.

Penrith would still like their premiership chances with Api next season

gordsy

Juniors
I don't see them letting Api go but I hope they do. Lot of ppl saying he will be tool old etc etc and maybe so but the fact we even signed a player like Api is a big step forward for us. Don't forget it's not that long ago Mybe was playing hooker at some stages.

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't see them letting Api go but I hope they do. Lot of ppl saying he will be tool old etc etc and maybe so but the fact we even signed a player like Api is a big step forward for us. Don't forget it's not that long ago Mybe was playing hooker at some stages.
Agree, it sends a little message out to all players, that maybe we aren’t that bad a club, if we can sign current SOO players?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
The too old thing is blown way out of proportion by salty Penrith fans.. He’s just come off 2 of his best years helping his side reach 2 grand finals in a row and got rep selection. He’s got plenty of good footy left in him

Tigerm

First Grade
Just reading a blokes post on the other forum, he reckons Cotric is a done deal, as he was seen last night at a party at AD’s home with Madge?
Can’t say how legit that is though.

Pezz70

Juniors
Not having a shot at you in particular, but I have always wondered how fans with not a lot of inside data, come to a dollar value of a player?

I agree it's all a risk, but if the player assists the team in getting to the finals, then nearly any amount is worth it, I trust the blokes in charge normally know what they are doing? I also agree things haven't always worked out, but that is mainly on the player, for what ever reason, imo.
Obviously we can only compare to the rumoured amounts other players are getting. In the case of the tigers you have to make a judgment on what the particular person adds to the team. Take Koroisau for example, I’d be prepared to pay him a little bit more than what most teams probably would, he’s a solid defender good in attack, can kick a ball from dummy half, he is an upgrade on what we have at this point in time, you might take off a couple of dollars cause he has had behavioural issues in the past. I’m sure it’s the same sort of process the people that matter go through a SWOT/risk analysis, if they don’t they should🙂

Any amount is not worth it, you pay overs you end up getting bent over down the track, you can’t be paying significant amounts over market value to get players to the club, the management appear to have realised this now, finally after the massive debacle with Mbye, Reynolds et al. After watching the last couple of months I’m starting to feel like we might be getting it right. Letting Luciano go was sensible, his reported asking price had not been earnt.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Obviously we can only compare to the rumoured amounts other players are getting. In the case of the tigers you have to make a judgment on what the particular person adds to the team. Take Koroisau for example, I’d be prepared to pay him a little bit more than what most teams probably would, he’s a solid defender good in attack, can kick a ball from dummy half, he is an upgrade on what we have at this point in time, you might take off a couple of dollars cause he has had behavioural issues in the past. I’m sure it’s the same sort of process the people that matter go through a SWOT/risk analysis, if they don’t they should🙂
Cheers
TBH, I don’t care much about player behaviour as long as it’s not illegal and doesn’t effect the abilities on the field.

We are not really in any position to be too choosy, atm?

Latest posts