What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
You’re of the same heart my friend.

I’m just worried @stryker -pussy will come after me now.

He won’t cop any mercy in the ranks!

Court-(benji) Marshalled for fraternising with the enemy. Pacifist, soft, weak…the usual!
They're only the enemy until they start winning games😏

Then it’s “we always thought it would be so”.

Last edited:
In theory, there’s no need for the cadre m to promote Bodgy, because the decision has already been made …with zero consultation.

I mean I was knocked down with Tim in a coaching role, but this was a flurry of kicks to the head ensuing eagarly.

And I can’t help but think that the club polling or consultation with the masses etc has also uncovered wide scepticism and discontent with this “captains pick”.

Especially after months of being told about the sacred process, the 18 coaching applicants.

I just can’t believe they couldn’t find a more
experienced and better suited candidate.

Someone with actual claims on the position from experience and know-how

Not a bloke who’s only recent skill of late seems to be dancing about on TV in his underwear.

And it was spectacularly unimpressive and deeply embarrassing to any one remotely connected to the Wests Tigers.

I’m going to count the number of self serving and pro Bodgy statements in the interview.

Im thinking at least 30 Let’s see how bad it is.

Last edited:
Benji fest, mostly opinion.

Benji spoke about the merits of Process, forgetting his appointment was the abandonment of it.

Benji spoke about loyalty, something him and Madge can discuss one day.

I would like to ask him where his loyalty was when he was alleged agent provocateur for the Players Revolutionary Army against the coach and why he refused the game day ball during his last game. Then he went out in the media and gave us a good slagging.

He spoke about the wonderment of fans but chose to ignore us during one of his testimonials.

Now it’s all happy families!

I enjoyed the bit about the selling off Hastings as “good thing” because Hastings allegedly wants to play 7. The truth is the insane love of Brooksy. It’s mentioned because most of us fans hate the decision with a passion.

Benji also spoke about his unique and forensic preparation. How he watched videos of other sides and worked out ways of beating them. Outstanding Benji!

Then some bizarre suggestion he will be around for 20 years. OMG.

If the interview is anything to go on, he might want to hit the books. Pascoe ran rings around him. And our gallant CEO, he’s up to his neck in all manner of club affairs

There was an allusion to “ robust discussion” I found interesting. I’m going to suggest this is truthful. Justin mentions it, I suspect, because he’s won these wars.

People who prattle on about themselves and how wondrous they are become inevitably tiresome and very boring. Benji needs to learn to drop this from his public persona.

The interesting things to me took up 3 minutes out of about half an hour.

Benji makes Pascoe seem like an intellectual giant. I conclude that Pascoe is going to own Benji in all aspects as Head Coach. Given that he signed off on Benjis sacking a few years ago, that makes sense too.

Anyone else feel the tension in amongst the back slapping?!

Justin is a desperate CEO, club is last, fans upset, whinging and unaccountable brains trust on the board -he has to eat what he can kill.

Last edited:

Meanwhile, the Sea Eagles are reportedly set to sign former NSW Blues coach Laurie Daley.

Have the rules changed?
I thought we tried to get him, but couldn't because he was working for another betting mod not sponsoring the NRL?

Id be offering Des a consultancy role with a “no fault” walk away clause when he snags his next gig.

Just to pick his brains about the veracity of various plans and arrangements we have would be good.

Nuances and insights Tim might have missed here and there.

On the basis that Des has an excellent footy mind and is a high calibre and quality individual.

No use asking Benji for any info after that car crash of an interview. Totally out his depth.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Disclaimer: This is from Buzz so take it for what you want

Tim Sheens has secretly met Parramatta Eels forward Nathan Brown as he looks to further strengthen Wests Tigers’ pack.
The pair were spotted having a coffee at Bar Biscotti in Strathfield on Wednesday.

Brown is under contract to the Eels next season but was given permission to negotiate with rival clubs midway through last season.

He was not used by coach Brad Arthur at the back end of the season until finally getting a start in the 17-man grand final squad.

Nathan Brown’s fairytale return to Wests Tigers is firming. Picture: Jonathan Ng

Nathan Brown’s fairytale return to Wests Tigers is firming. Picture: Jonathan Ng
Wests Tigers have already strengthened their pack with the additions of Dave Klemmer, Isaiah Papali’i and hooker Api Koroisau.

Adding Brown, 29, would leave them with one of the more experienced forward packs in the comp.

Brown would play at lock, the position originally earmarked for Jackson Hastings before he quit the club to play halfback for Newcastle Knights.

Latest posts