What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Choiboi

Juniors
Let him goooo

We are already prepared to let him go in 22 anyway

Might as well plan for the future. The usual terrible tigers will turn up this week anyway

Let him goooo

We are already prepared to let him go in 22 anyway

Might as well plan for the future. The usual terrible tigers will turn up this week anyway
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/wests-...ons-move/9659e53a-2662-4c53-9416-da666440f2bf

I agree, let him go - surely the Tigers cannot base retaining him on 1 win.
They can give Madden a go - game plan = feed your backs, straighten the attack, don't panic, don't kick, tackle, talk.
They can give Walters a go - game plan - see above, they can give Tommy T a go and they can give always move AD back there.

Shredder

Juniors
Id happily let him go.

Either we get a player swap if we need to swallow some of the freight, or else they take the entire contract.

Madden can come into 6 for the rest of the year.

Where are we with top 30 numbers? I think we came into the season 2 or 3 players light?

Shredder

Juniors
Id happily let him go.

Either we get a player swap if we need to swallow some of the freight, or else thy take the entire contract.

Dougs

Shredder

Juniors
Id happily let him go.

Either we get a player swap if we need to swallow some of the freight, or else thy take the entire contract.

Where are we with our top 30? We came into the season 2 or 3 players light didnt we?

Tiger05

First Grade
If we can get Mbye off our books we should do it. The thing is you need to know the terms. We want him off the books from next year. If we can get a deal and do that it'd be awesome for us. Even if we pay a minimal amount it's cool.

We wouldn't miss him. He struggles to make the top team atm.

Perth Tiger

Bench
If we can get Mbye off our books we should do it. The thing is you need to know the terms. We want him off the books from next year. If we can get a deal and do that it'd be awesome for us. Even if we pay a minimal amount it's cool.

We wouldn't miss him. He struggles to make the top team atm.
he wont be off the books, we will still be paying his contract to the tune of $400K. Frankly unless we have a star player lined up to replace him I would rather keep him than sacrifice that much money paying for another clubs roster

Perth Tiger

Bench
If the experiment with MM at 5/8 and AD at centre seems to be working, we should hang on to him for the time being, unless Dragons are prepared to pay full freight. They have the money.
Agreed. If someone wants to come in and take the full freight then by all means let him go. But if the reported $400K is true I would rather keep him as our bench utility.

Das Hassler

Bench
Couldnt disagree more with most thoughts on this....we have half a season to go with still a sniff of a chance. ..if it's him st 5/8 that's unlocked Brooks running game then it's of no benefit to us whatsoever in releasing him early and shuffling our spine around again for no reason that would help us in any way ....enough shuffling already

Tiger05

First Grade
he wont be off the books, we will still be paying his contract to the tune of $400K. Frankly unless we have a star player lined up to replace him I would rather keep him than sacrifice that much money paying for another clubs roster

I agree. We should just keep him at those dollars. We want salary cap relief. If we go out and sign a player for 400k to replace him do we get better value than what he offers us now. I don't see it being that easy.

Tiger05

First Grade
If the experiment with MM at 5/8 and AD at centre seems to be working, we should hang on to him for the time being, unless Dragons are prepared to pay full freight. They have the money.

It's one game where we've performed. I have no confidence in Mbye now. He is a good utility squad player but we are paying him marquee dollars.

I'd pay his whole contract this year but next year I wouldn't want to pay a cent.

Tigerm

First Grade
It's one game where we've performed. I have no confidence in Mbye now. He is a good utility squad player but we are paying him marquee dollars.

I'd pay his whole contract this year but next year I wouldn't want to pay a cent.
Yes it was one game, but it was the first time we have tried it and it worked very well.

Certainly worth pursing a bit longer, as Das said, we have a sniff now, don't want to throw it away.

I don't think he will have much trouble getting a gig next year, if he plays like he did last game for the rest of the year?

WA Tiger

Bench

Mbyes like a stain isn’t he..See how he goes. I think we know his limits.If he gos alright add a $100k to his price then drop Walters into the hot seat and still have $450-$500 to spend

The difference with Walters is he can create things out of nothing. Mbye can’t

I still think the long accurate fast passing -which is definitely new, had more to do with winning that game than Mbye playing

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we are paying half his salary and he has to leave immediately then I don't know if it's really worth it. Dragons need to pay at least 75% of his salary (600k), then they can have him immediately. He helped us win 1 game against a shithouse knights outfit without Ponga. This is the only momentum we will ever get to clear him off the books. I'd be fine with Madden coming back into the halves as Simpkins getting a spot on the bench.

But let's say we do actually release him....who exactly do we have lined up to use the spare cap space on? Pretty sure we already have a huge chunk of cash sitting around from Reynolds departure and we still can't seem to sign anyone. If we keep clearing these players off our books then we will probably get done for not spending our cap...

f**k me that would be hilarious if we got a fine for not spending our cap hahaha

Perth Tiger

Bench
If we are paying half his salary and he has to leave immediately then I don't know if it's really worth it. Dragons need to pay at least 75% of his salary (600k), then they can have him immediately. He helped us win 1 game against a shithouse knights outfit without Ponga. This is the only momentum we will ever get to clear him off the books. I'd be fine with Madden coming back into the halves as Simpkins getting a spot on the bench.

But let's say we do actually release him....who exactly do we have lined up to use the spare cap space on? Pretty sure we already have a huge chunk of cash sitting around from Reynolds departure and we still can't seem to sign anyone. If we keep clearing these players off our books then we will probably get done for not spending our cap...

f**k me that would be hilarious if we got a fine for not spending our cap hahaha

We have Packer's entire $750K salary for next year that we haven't been able to sign anyone with yet as well. Plus BJ if he is released.