What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours

Breadman

Juniors
There is a few floating around, most of which have been mentioned on here
so I thought I'd list the ones I know of and see if anyone knows anything further or can add a few others:

* M.Pearce in 08
* Tupou wants to follow Ricky (not sure if 08 or next year)
* O'Meley in 08
* Kimmorley will play hooker

As I said, mostly old news but hopefully some can give more insight.

jc155776

Coach
I heard the Omeley one.

I think thats because the Chooks were such a sure thing for him in 08 now we have Ricky and the leverage.

Nuffs

Bench
while watching the test, i was actually thinking about the o'meley/roosters situation - did he actually sign? i thought he had

he would be a great pick up for us

Dommie

Juniors
He lives in the Shire too.. although it sometimes seems that half of Sydney's Players do as well..

Special K

Coach
I doubt we'd spent 400k or so it would take to nab O'Meley when we have Douglas, Ross, Stapleton signed for minimum of two years(ross still has like 3 more seasons) and then throw in Villa. Plus our young bunch of props coming through...

I reckon we'll land O'Donnell if he leaves NQ. Gallen to say manly and sticky to bring luke back to sydney. Plus Kimmorley, Kearney and Dykes are off contract so i'd expect a half to be brought in as i doubt all will be kept. I'd go for Ben Roberts, Josh Lewis and Pearce.

I'd say next year in the market we will sign a hell of a lot more flegg/pl guys with their best infront of them rather then former names such as Hannay, Albert etc who had seen their best a few years ago, that raper brought in.

troy

Juniors
I live in Hong Kong and ran into Matt Gidley last night and ended on the piss with him til 4.00am .... great bloke actually - Anyway he reckons signing Sticky was the best thing we've every done and reckons a lot of players will want to play with us because of him... He also reckons he's a top bloke and one of the best coaches he's ever been involved with ... Signing this bloke was our best move in a long time .......

jc155776

Coach
Good to hear something like that Troy.

He might rub some players the wrong way but others seem to love him.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Special K said:
I doubt we'd spent 400k or so it would take to nab O'Meley when we have Douglas, Ross, Stapleton signed for minimum of two years(ross still has like 3 more seasons) and then throw in Villa. Plus our young bunch of props coming through...

I reckon we'll land O'Donnell if he leaves NQ. Gallen to say manly and sticky to bring luke back to sydney. Plus Kimmorley, Kearney and Dykes are off contract so i'd expect a half to be brought in as i doubt all will be kept. I'd go for Ben Roberts, Josh Lewis and Pearce.

I'd say next year in the market we will sign a hell of a lot more flegg/pl guys with their best infront of them rather then former names such as Hannay, Albert etc who had seen their best a few years ago, that raper brought in.

I'd rather see O'Meley go to the Sharks then have to lose Ben Roberts. We have up and coming forwards that can/will cover his loss. but quality halves is something the Bulldogs have a definite lack of.

Thomo.

First Grade
Valea said:
I'd rather see O'Meley go to the Sharks then have to lose Ben Roberts. We have up and coming forwards that can/will cover his loss. but quality halves is something the Bulldogs have a definite lack of.

ben roberts is the goods.

he is on fire:)

mullet

Juniors
Special K said:

oh theres been better :lol: :lol:

Sideline Eye

Juniors
sharks won't buy o'meley when they land tupou, he will probably go to souths with roy boy.
noddy won't play hooker, looks set to become the highest paid reserve grader in shark history.

Inferno

Coach
shark_fin_soup said:
how long is mini signed at the roosters till? sharks need a good fullback

Pretty sure he just re-signed with them this year till the end of 09.

shintaro

Juniors
Special K said:

A resigning announcement is imminent which will make the way ahead a little clearer as far as the above speculation is concerned.

Frenzy.

Immortal
shintaro said:
A resigning announcement is imminent which will make the way ahead a little clearer as far as the above speculation is concerned.

Re-signing or signing? Or both?