What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russia Tour to NZ

carlnz

Bench
Otago vs. Russia

Monday 13th April Versus Nelson Marlborough - Trafalgar Park

Sunday 18th April Versus West Coast - Wingham Park

Wednesday 21st April Versus South Island - Rugby League Park

Sunday 25th April Versus Otago at Dunedin

Should be some great games for Russia

ali

Bench
Sounds good. I hope Russia improves and the international aspect of our game in NZ, rises in profile. Good stuff.

Jeffles

Bench
And good to see the South Island getting amongst it. Usually they are the forgotten part of NZ Rugby League.

These are competitive fixtures for Russia. A good learning curve. I think they can win a couple too.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
What would be good is if a fixture against a Waicoa Bay or Bartercard side could be arranged if they go well in the games against the SI sides.

carlnz

Bench
It is great news for Otago, who last year only had 4 or so teams have 4 more new teams playing this year, plus starting up a reserve grade with the possibilty of some teams from North Otago playing in the reserve grade.......They are paving the right way to have a Barter Card team...surly they will get one in the future!!

I think Russia will have some tuff games ahead of them..

carlnz

Bench
"Russia has gained full Test status since last year and has been receiving assistance from former Kiwi Test coach Bob Bailey."

That was from the NRL.com website.....how many other countries have gained full Test Status?

Noel

Juniors
I hope these games get the promotion they deserve. The decision to tour NZ only rather than to take in Australia may prove wise given the strength of the Australian dollar at the moment.

Latest posts