What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Morgan

A lot of you are being very quick to write the young kid off!

Imagine coming into 1st grade, in the hardest position on the field to defend, and defending next to Etu one week and Chris Hicks. Good luck! Not to mention he's had the job of defending Jennings and Inglis. I think he needs a quality defender on the inside and an experienced winger to help him make reads in defence (either Walker or Burt) . He obviously has talent.

Chipmunk

Coach
A lot of you are being very quick to write the young kid off!

Imagine coming into 1st grade, in the hardest position on the field to defend, and defending next to Etu one week and Chris Hicks. Good luck! Not to mention he's had the job of defending Jennings and Inglis. I think he needs a quality defender on the inside and an experienced winger to help him make reads in defence (either Walker or Burt) . He obviously has talent.

I dont think I would write him off, I just dont think he is quite ready for first grade.

Agree with your thoughts on a quality defender on his inside, but you have to admit that he had so called quality defenders on his inside last night (Smith and Robson - personally I think Robson is an OK tackler, but a poor defender!). Id actually consider giving him a run at left Centre (bring Reddy back to right Centre - move Walker to right Wing). I think it tends to be easier to defend at left Centre than the right and it certainly wont do him any harm having Burt to work with, but to have him, Mortimer and Burt as your outside 3 in your left side defence will get exploited by smart coaches eventually.....

Nikki

Coach
Hes jumped from NYC to First Grade and for mine has struggled defensively. Im by no means about to write him off, but I do believe he and Joel Reddy need to do a swap. Joel had a pretty good game for Wenty tonight.

bartman

Immortal
I'm sure this burst of experience will do Morgan well in the longer run.

But leaving him there all season way out of his depth in his debut year won't do him any long-term good.

Agree with Nikki, Reddy has to come back to firsts quick smart! Should be no excuses now, given Joel's had two games under his belt for match fitness.

Bring Morgan back later in the year if one of the backline veterans has an injury, alongside someone like Reddy or Burt to help him with his reads and confidence.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
For people bagging him give him a break, hes done alright. Hasnt had too many opportunities in attack and defensively its a huge ask to take on Jennings then Inglis.

No doubt he's not up to standard but it is a huge gap between NYC and FG, but a few games in Wenty will help him.

MrT

Juniors
If Morgan has defence issues, i'd rather have Loko in there. he at least has a big frame and can match it physically. Sorry but morgan is too small in this day and age. have a look at the size of some of the centres running around

Morgan will come good, as mentioned previously, big step up to NRL and will take time to develop, IMO Morgan is better that Jonathon Wright.

Eels Dude

Coach
Who is this high and mighty Troll who just decides to start new threads about anything he/she feels like? Morgan is a bit of a nuffie at this stage, but give the bloke a chance. He probably isn't ready for first grade yet but he has ben selected. So why bag him out?

I'd rather bag you out for being a newbie to this forum with 4 posts to his name who just starts threads to stir the pot? Correct me if I'm wrong?

bartman

Immortal
For people bagging him give him a break, hes done alright. Hasnt had too many opportunities in attack and defensively its a huge ask to take on Jennings then Inglis.

No doubt he's not up to standard but it is a huge gap between NYC and FG, but a few games in Wenty will help him.
I haven't seen anyone bagging him... just stating the obvious about the massive gap between NYC and first grade.

It's not Morgan's fault that SK has picked him, and keeps doing so.

yy_cheng

Coach
Reddy should've played right centre and morgan left centre. Fancy putting 2 inexperienced centre/wing combo against Jennings and then Inglis.

Two of the best centres in the game with Gaz and Lawrence

barney gumble

Juniors
I haven't read of anyone bagging or writing him off. I just feel his not quite up to 1st grade just yet, has potential, yes, no doubt. It is doing him no good whatsoever playing outside an ineffective halves combination. Fix the halves and Morgan will do well.

Who is this high and mighty Troll who just decides to start new threads about anything he/she feels like? Morgan is a bit of a nuffie at this stage, but give the bloke a chance. He probably isn't ready for first grade yet but he has ben selected. So why bag him out?

I'd rather bag you out for being a newbie to this forum with 4 posts to his name who just starts threads to stir the pot? Correct me if I'm wrong?

nah bro, just a couple of things I wanted to get off my chest, thats why i joined the forum? Some people choose to live life and contribute here when they see fit, others chose to act high and mighty and devote a large chunk of their life to a footy forum with 10,000+ posts. Each to their own aye champ.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Marking Jennings and then Inglis are a tough ask for a young bloke. I'd give him another go while Reddy comes in and Walker to the wing.

Far Canal

Juniors
Morgan has done nothing to even warrant Parra being patient with him.

He is not a first grader.

He has shown f**k all and if Kearney sticks with him for the Cowboys match then my confidence in Kearney has dropped even further.......

To think we could have landed Beau Champion....

Gordy

Juniors
I dont think I would write him off, I just dont think he is quite ready for first grade.

Agree with your thoughts on a quality defender on his inside, but you have to admit that he had so called quality defenders on his inside last night (Smith and Robson - personally I think Robson is an OK tackler, but a poor defender!). Id actually consider giving him a run at left Centre (bring Reddy back to right Centre - move Walker to right Wing). I think it tends to be easier to defend at left Centre than the right and it certainly wont do him any harm having Burt to work with, but to have him, Mortimer and Burt as your outside 3 in your left side defence will get exploited by smart coaches eventually.....

Good point.
From memory I think it was Robbo that missed GI when he scored. He moved up quickly to try and shut him down and GI just shooed him away. So I don't think it was entirely Morgan's fault that he scored.

mrpwnd

Bench
Good point.
From memory I think it was Robbo that missed GI when he scored. He moved up quickly to try and shut him down and GI just shooed him away. So I don't think it was entirely Morgan's fault that he scored.
Actually Inglis didn't even shoo him, Robson simply got stepped like a bitch.
Still, the try where Taylor offloaded after having 4 blokes on him was f**king atrocious.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Brien has been used a backrower I think in lower grades, but was impressed with him in the trials.

Anyways I was mainly referring to the Parra fans sitting near me bagging Morgan the other night which was disappointing.