What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Morgan

boxhead

First Grade
He needs to get down low and score when over the try line as ball can be stripped out of his hands trying to score like that. Otherwise a solid game

I'll be honest, when he went over I thought he might have dropped it!
I think he'll take that though :)

Chipmunk

Coach
He was solid tonight, that try will do his confidence the world of good.

Our defence on that side wasn't as bad as it has been. Only one try (or two?) on his side whilst he was on the field, the first one coming off a run of bad luck from a Cowboys kick.

I think he is our long-term up and coming centre. I think Reddy definitely has the other centre spot sewn up, and I think so far Morgan has been the pick of our other centres.

Everytime they went to our right side defence they looked to create something. Three of their tries were scored because of a our poor right side defence. Id be moving Joel Reddy back to the right side.

Bazal

Post Whore
I think he has the wow factor....he's just finding his feet. Which, by the way, he is very good on IIRC. I seem to remember the days of yore when I had foxtel, Morgan was the agile, speedy centre while Brien (who is also a player of the future) was more about power.

boxhead

First Grade
It's one thing I've definitely noticed too Bazal. The kid's footwork is great and he makes a lot of metres each time he runs the ball up.

Considering he has never played first-grade before, I think he has done very well the past few weeks and whilst he is deservedly getting some criticism for the right-side defence, we have to remember that the winger he is paired with isn't renowned for his defensive positioning.

caylo

Bench
He's not even 21 yet ffs. People need to give him a break. He's a good young kid.

I have not seen the type of hole running from a parramatta centre in years, while Morgan has along way to go and he is slightly off pace in the centres IMO he is doing good enough. Our sliding defence has its problems, but their second try was luck that they got a good deflection off a kick (cant blame anyone tbh) and tongas try was Shaks fault, the numbers were there he just got stepped on the inside.

JT is difficult to handle at the best of times and tbh we did pretty well in defence outside of the first try to Graham which was a gapping overlap (on burts wings may i add not Morgan/Etu)

IMO we are compressing in defence allowing teams to score on the edges more but if we can keep teams in their half of the field that wont be a problem. Can't fault Morgan tonight, very good young talent IMO.

jk13

First Grade
the wow factor is pretty rare. 2nite he showed that if he got the right pass at the right time, he'd do the job

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I think he is coming along rather nicely, he is still only 20 and learning as he goes. I'd much rather him and than Cymbals Wright.

caylo

Bench
Owwwwww
How many weeks?

from my experiance if he has done any real ligament damage he will be gone for about 3 months. If its mild damage and then he will probably just wait fro bruising and pain to subside to get full function back which may take 2 weeks (this is assuming he has actually dislocated it).

eel01s

Bench
I though Morgan improved a lot last night. He looked better in defence, and ran a good line to score that try. Shame he got injured though. I can't believe he dislocated his ankle, though, as surely he would have come straight off if that was the case. IIRC he stayed on for a few minutes after being hurt scoring the try.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
he not only stayed on, he started the second half then he want off limping

if was dislocated he surely couldn't have played on unless he actually dislocated it in the second half