What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan O'Hara

ShineDog

Juniors
Do the rumours have any truth to them...O'Hara could be the man to take Shrek's place in 07.

Does anyone know any new signings or possible signings for next year??

I would like to see Michael Ennis join our club , as he is off contract next year.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
The rumours seemed to have died in the arse hard.

Last i heard he was staying with the Tigers.

Dogs are rumoured to be in the running for:

Ashton Sims
Paul Aiton
David Faiumu
Scott Geddes
Stuart Flanagan
Justin Tsolous

Broomball#1

Juniors
They should go for Ryan O'Hara and Ashton Sims...would give us a stronger looking bench for next season.

Not sure if there is room under the salary cap, but they should look at them both. In 2004, the Dogs had the best bench which went a long way to winning the title. They need that back.

jimmythehand

Juniors
I think Ashton Sims would be a good signing - not sure about any of the rest but I guess most of them are better than what we have running out on the field now!

C.P

Juniors
It'll also be interesting to see if the club reneges on its dumping of Corey and offers him a 1 year contract for the sake of team harmony. I think Perry should go as well. If both go then a player like Ennis or Aiton would be great for the club.
The clubs main focus at the moment though needs to be FORWARD strength. Charlie Leano is a prospect but he's no O'Meley and we are already showing the loss of depth from the departures of Roy and Nate as well. We need a ready made 1st grade prop

Broomball#1

Juniors
Adam Perry has to go: he offers nothing to the bulldogs side. I thought folkes said they want to get a younger junior in the dummy half spot. Someone like Billy Ngawini. If they can get ennis or aiton is great, but surely salary cap issue would prevent that.

Definitely, try and boost the forward pack...O'hara and Sims.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Valea said:
The rumours seemed to have died in the arse hard.

Last i heard he was staying with the Tigers.

Dogs are rumoured to be in the running for:

Ashton Sims
Paul Aiton
David Faiumu
Scott Geddes
Stuart Flanagan
Justin Tsolous

three hookers they are considering - is billy Ngawini off-contract for next season , is he going to get a go?? Is he playing half or hooker for the PL side??

Faiumu would be the pick of the hookers - provide good dummy half runs, can play lock and provide some decent hittups to take pressure of forwards.
Current Kiwi Rep

Aiton - will stay at panthers if rumours towards priddis leaving a true.

ShineDog

Juniors
Ashton Sims would be a great buy.

It sounds like O'Hara will stay at his club, and there will be no release.
I would love to see Hughes join the Rabbits (they can have Perry too).
These days we all know that the 1, 6, 7, 9 are very important positions.
We have the forward pack (however obvious lack of depth), hence we need a topline hooker who can help take pressure off our halves.

I would still like to see Roberts in the Hooker position with Sherwin / Holdsworth in the halves. Patten has been sensational at the back.

Ridders

Coach
Roberts poor tackling will stop him from ever getting a starting hooking gig. maybe off the bench, but never starting. If we could get him, Aiton would be a great buy, seems to be a good hooker with some good speed on him.

Broomball#1

Juniors
Just read on fox sports this morning, that the dogs are unlikely to get Ryan O'Hara as he will stay with the Tigers.

Apparently waiting on decisions from Ashton Sims (Dragons) and Justin Tsulous (Eels).

Hopefully they get a couple of those guys.

Apparently a couple of hookers they are looking for as well.

jimmythehand

Juniors
paul aiton just doesn't do it for me. As I said in another thread, he's deceptively slow. Watch how many times he *almost* makes a break, but inevitably doesn't break the line. I remember the match after I initially made that comment it was right on full-time and he was odds on to score on the buzzer when all of a sudden they grassed him just short.

His stats make for interesting reading too:
Season Club App Int Tries Goals F.Goals Points Try Ass Tackles Line Br Kicks Runs Offloads
2007 Penrith 8 8 0 0 0 0 0 208 0 0 61 7
2006 Penrith 14 13 2 0 0 8 1 339 3 0 132 23

No line breaks, no try assists, no tries in 2007. In 14 games in 2006 he made 3 line breaks with 1 try assist and 2 tries.

Still I guess it's a gazillion times better than what Hughes or Perry offer us.

Latest posts