What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RYAN WEBB...Gone Missing ????

dungay dragon

Juniors
As Ryan is a regular viewer on here , along with Hoops , and re acted so well previously to comments attributed to same , thought it time to rev up again
Mentioned this morning in press that our Ryan is busy putting the Final touches a new contract for Hunty
At ease Ryan
1 Please ensure that there is no guarantee that Hook will continue as Coach prior to Hunt re signing . There was talk that BH was prepared to take a sizeable pay cut to stay at the Dragons .Please confirm this when his re signing is confirmed
2 Public knowledge that both the Sharks and Broncs in particular are struggling with Cap Space .Please make it a priority to go after P Haas at all costs. There are a number of Sharks forwards who would also be worthy of consideration
3 Please clear the air with media speculation of Sullo wanting out if BH resigns and remains at 7.This is having a de stabalising effect on the playing group
4 Please refrain from chasing former Bronco players , nomads , 30 plus players and other lessor lights just to fill a roster .Quality , quality and rely on our juniors to fill the remaining void
5 Please detail what actually Shane Fs gig is at the Dragons eg Player spotting , recruitment , assistant coaching . Has he been promoted to the coaching staff following the Gentle walk out ?
Look forward to your response
DD

BLM01

First Grade
As Ryan is a regular viewer on here , along with Hoops , and re acted so well previously to comments attributed to same , thought it time to rev up again
Mentioned this morning in press that our Ryan is busy putting the Final touches a new contract for Hunty
At ease Ryan
1 Please ensure that there is no guarantee that Hook will continue as Coach prior to Hunt re signing . There was talk that BH was prepared to take a sizeable pay cut to stay at the Dragons .Please confirm this when his re signing is confirmed
2 Public knowledge that both the Sharks and Broncs in particular are struggling with Cap Space .Please make it a priority to go after P Haas at all costs. There are a number of Sharks forwards who would also be worthy of consideration
3 Please clear the air with media speculation of Sullo wanting out if BH resigns and remains at 7.This is having a de stabalising effect on the playing group
4 Please refrain from chasing former Bronco players , nomads , 30 plus players and other lessor lights just to fill a roster .Quality , quality and rely on our juniors to fill the remaining void
5 Please detail what actually Shane Fs gig is at the Dragons eg Player spotting , recruitment , assistant coaching . Has he been promoted to the coaching staff following the Gentle walk out ?
DD
Re Point 2.
Roosters also under salary sombrero pressure supposedly. Haha comes up every year and nothing changes especially their elite players

I am answering cause Ryan wont

Dragon David

First Grade
Roosters are just the best ...sombrero wise 🤔
Yes, they have money for the right people and will always fit them into the budget. They are always wanting the best money can buy so that they can remain successful. Just goes to show how well management is at that club and even Brett Morris when he was playing for them said it was a fantastic place to be a part of.

As I've said and a lot would agree, good management results in getting good staff, coaches and players to maintain years of success.

justadragon

Bench
Yes, they have money for the right people and will always fit them into the budget. They are always wanting the best money can buy so that they can remain successful. Just goes to show how well management is at that club and even Brett Morris when he was playing for them said it was a fantastic place to be a part of.

As I've said and a lot would agree, good management results in getting good staff, coaches and players to maintain years of success.
Fully agree Dave, they have astute business people running the show and Politis is the ringleader. Most of all they have a plan and a forward vision for the club. We have been shooting from the hip for the last 10-12 years and got nowhere.

Dragon David

First Grade
Fully agree Dave, they have astute business people running the show and Politis is the ringleader. Most of all they have a plan and a forward vision for the club. We have been shooting from the hip for the last 10-12 years and got nowhere.
Exactly justa. If we can see it, the good coaches/players can see it, then why can't the Management at the Dragons plan better for the future and apply appropriate steps to improve in their business decisions to make the club a desirable destination. Surely Webb can have a word to them or maybe what he says is just laughed at? 🤣

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm afraid the club has no idea what success looks like.

There's no plan in place. The owner/management/board don't care and it shows on and off the field.
If they don't care then what in hell are they doing running the club? They have to be made accountable for all the mess and pain that we have been going through. Surely the sponsors, like St George Bank would prefer us winning at least 85-90% of our games to make their product worth investing in. At the moment the club in a way is making these big sponsors look embarrassingly inept themselves by supporting a run down leagues club.

Come on Ryan. Do the right thing and get this club heading in the right direction now. The C of E is still a way off and we need plenty of wins in the next 2-3 years leading up to the opening of the C of E and in that way, we should be able to stand proudly in front of it and able to attract good players to the club in addition to the development of the younger generation both male and female.

Last edited:

Qdf

Juniors
If they don't care then what in hell are they doing running the club? They have to be made accountable for all the mess and pain that we have been going through. Surely the sponsors, like St George Bank would prefer us winning at least 85-90% of our games to make their product worth investing in. At the moment the club in a way is making these big sponsors look embarrassingly inept themselves by supporting a run down leagues club.

Come on Ryan. Do the right thing and get this club heading in the right direction now. The C of E is still a way off and we need plenty of wins in the next 2-3 years leading up to the opening of the C of E and in that way, we should be able to stand proudly in front of it and able to attract good players to the club in addition to the development of the younger generation both male and female.
They care about filling their own pockets. That's it.
They couldn't give a rats arse
About our CLUB.

saintmar

Juniors
At ease Ryan
DD
Well Put
Just to add
1 Royce Hunt is another we should look at
2 Re Ben Hunt No Severe Pay Cut =No Contract
3 Bud is the future

Gareth67

First Grade
I'm afraid the club has no idea what success looks like.

There's no plan in place. The owner/management/board don't care and it shows on and off the field.
It’s absolutely despicable the way the club is being run . If only there was some way to kick the WiN Corporation out of the equation and replace it with another party that was truly interested in the constant success of the Dragons - if only .

There is a commercial on telly of late showing an aged vampire drinking and enjoying a glass of human blood whilst suggesting that people should make out a will before he unexpectedly calls upon them .

Well the Gordon’s , the WIN Corp. and our current board are doing exactly what old Dracula is doing - taking the life blood out of the club and it’s fans .

Last edited:

Draginzaaar

Bench
I laughed when Webb came out and did some interviews on the back of our little winning streak and getting the government grant for excellence centre.
Then he went back into the shadows.
Won’t see him again for a while.
Didn't the NRL offer us a stack of money for the C of E and we knocked it back?

Qdf

Juniors
It’s absolutely despicable the way the club is being run . If only there was some way to kick the WiN Corporation out of the equation and replace it with another party that was truly interested in the constant success of the Dragons - if only .

There is a commercial on telly of late showing an aged vampire drinking and enjoying a glass of human blood whilst suggesting that people should make out a will before he unexpectedly calls upon them .

Well the Gordon’s , the WIN Corp. and our current board are doing exactly what old Dracula is doing - taking the life blood out of the club and it’s fans .
Its absolutely despicable what this lot of parasites are doing to this legend of a club. The BOARD needs tobe SACKED immediately. WIN CORPORATION needs tobe shown the door. We need partners who honestly care about our club. The Gordon's have done nothing. They won the ownership deal under false pretenses. ( thanks to PETER DOUST)Gordon's should not be part owners of our club." We want them OUT."
Along with the Board. They let DOUST back on the board(payment)
After he ushered in the Gordon's deal ($6m) .When we were offered (11.5m)
How can you build a team, with all this corruption going on at BOARD level.

Dragon David

First Grade
Its absolutely despicable what this lot of parasites are doing to this legend of a club. The BOARD needs tobe SACKED immediately. WIN CORPORATION needs tobe shown the door. We need partners who honestly care about our club. The Gordon's have done nothing. They won the ownership deal under false pretenses. ( thanks to PETER DOUST)Gordon's should not be part owners of our club." We want them OUT."
Along with the Board. They let DOUST back on the board(payment)
After he ushered in the Gordon's deal ($6m) .When we were offered (11.5m)
How can you build a team, with all this corruption going on at BOARD level.
I've mentioned Brett Morris and how he praised the Roosters' whole organisation as being the best he has played footy with. In the case of the Storm, David Nufoaluma, who has been loaned to that club by the Tigers, has brought up the same sort of thing -

“When the opportunity to go down to Melbourne came around, it sparked something and I fell in love with the game as soon as I started playing with Melbourne.”

Nofoaluma scored his first try for Melbourne in its 16-0 victory over Penrith on Thursday as Craig Bellamy’s side inch closer to locking in yet another spot in the finals series.

Given he has never had a taste of finals footy, Nofoaluma believes he will struggle to hold back his emotions as he laps up every moment of life with a team that only knows success.

“You have to be a part of it to actually know what it feels like,” Nofoaluma said.

“It’s just something I’ve never experienced before and I can see why they’re (Storm) such a successful team.

“I think I’d actually cry. We play this game to be successful and to play finals.

“I’ve waited such a long time, 10 years, and to not be able to play finals, let alone a grand final, it can wear you down as a player.”

Not one of a host of players we have had at our club for yonks has said anything about our club like Morris and Nofoaluma I don't think.

Ryan Webb was part of the Tigers as their Chief Operating Officer so he knows too well what their set up is like, possibly much the same as ours in a way and both run poorly from a rugby league results point of view - I guess the clubs are making dough in other matters though. With the Centre of Excellence in Wollongong, I'm hoping that it will help get the club get more motivated to be very successful.

Qdf

Juniors
I've mentioned Brett Morris and how he praised the Roosters' whole organisation as being the best he has played footy with. In the case of the Storm, David Nufoaluma, who has been loaned to that club by the Tigers, has brought up the same sort of thing -

“When the opportunity to go down to Melbourne came around, it sparked something and I fell in love with the game as soon as I started playing with Melbourne.”

Nofoaluma scored his first try for Melbourne in its 16-0 victory over Penrith on Thursday as Craig Bellamy’s side inch closer to locking in yet another spot in the finals series.

Given he has never had a taste of finals footy, Nofoaluma believes he will struggle to hold back his emotions as he laps up every moment of life with a team that only knows success.

“You have to be a part of it to actually know what it feels like,” Nofoaluma said.

“It’s just something I’ve never experienced before and I can see why they’re (Storm) such a successful team.

“I think I’d actually cry. We play this game to be successful and to play finals.

“I’ve waited such a long time, 10 years, and to not be able to play finals, let alone a grand final, it can wear you down as a player.”

Not one of a host of players we have had at our club for yonks has said anything about our club like Morris and Nofoaluma I don't think.

Ryan Webb was part of the Tigers as their Chief Operating Officer so he knows too well what their set up is like, possibly much the same as ours in a way and both run poorly from a rugby league results point of view - I guess the clubs are making dough in other matters though. With the Centre of Excellence in Wollongong, I'm hoping that it will help get the club get more motivated to be very successful.
You're joking aren't you.
Nothing will happen as usual. Nothing will go our way until we get this board out.And these numbskulls running our football dept.
Total clean out. Right from the top.
This lot of pretenders running our club are hopelessly looking for another detraction. To try and get us off their back. They've
done it before, distract the FANS , don't give them any of the things they want, or we'll be out on our arse. No more bleeding the club.

Dragon David

First Grade
You're joking aren't you.
Nothing will happen as usual. Nothing will go our way until we get this board out.And these numbskulls running our football dept.
Total clean out. Right from the top.
This lot of pretenders running our club are hopelessly looking for another detraction. To try and get us off their back. They've
done it before, distract the FANS , don't give them any of the things they want, or we'll be out on our arse. No more bleeding the club.
Jokes aside, the clean out of the "numbskulls" running the football department as you call them and the members of the Board is what we need to happen. Lots on this forum want this but other than for us to stop being members and don't turn up at games and not buy their merchandise etc., what else can we do? We are mere fans of the once mighty Dragons and not empowered to sack those people who run the organisation.

We have made numerous comments more or less on a daily basis about how the club is run which allows us to ease our frustrations.

It is really up to the current leaders of the club to realise what they need to do to bring us back as a top club and that means playing good footy and winning a high percentage of games. How this can come about is anyone's guess!?

dungay dragon

Juniors
Well Put
Just to add
1 Royce Hunt is another we should look at
2 Re Ben Hunt No Severe Pay Cut =No Contract
3 Bud is the future
Yep Royce Hunt killing it tonite
Looks a beast and would prove a crowd fave with the Dragons fans
Talk of fifita resigning there ..they cant keep them all 🤔 🤔
Hunt only signed with Gummies this season only
Cmon Ryan get cracking .............

Last edited:

Qdf

Juniors
Jokes aside, the clean out of the "numbskulls" running the football department as you call them and the members of the Board is what we need to happen. Lots on this forum want this but other than for us to stop being members and don't turn up at games and not buy their merchandise etc., what else can we do? We are mere fans of the once mighty Dragons and not empowered to sack those people who run the organisation.

We have made numerous comments more or less on a daily basis about how the club is run which allows us to ease our frustrations.

It is really up to the current leaders of the club to realise what they need to do to bring us back as a top club and that means playing good footy and winning a high percentage of games. How this can come about is anyone's guess!?
Like the great Jack Gibson said you can't WIN A PREMIERSHIP unless the FRONT OFFICE IS RIGHT.