What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RYAN WEBB...Gone Missing ????

Qdf

Juniors
Jokes aside, the clean out of the "numbskulls" running the football department as you call them and the members of the Board is what we need to happen. Lots on this forum want this but other than for us to stop being members and don't turn up at games and not buy their merchandise etc., what else can we do? We are mere fans of the once mighty Dragons and not empowered to sack those people who run the organisation.

We have made numerous comments more or less on a daily basis about how the club is run which allows us to ease our frustrations.

It is really up to the current leaders of the club to realise what they need to do to bring us back as a top club and that means playing good footy and winning a high percentage of games. How this can come about is anyone's guess!?
The current leaders of our club are self serving numbskulls. They are only interested in keeping those noses in the trough.That's why we have a governance in place, so they can't be ousted.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yep Royce Hunt killing it tonite
Looks a beast and would prove a crowd fave with the Dragons fans
Talk of fifita resigning there ..they cant keep them all 🤔 🤔
Hunt only signed with Gummies this season only
Cmon Ryan get cracking .............
I am watching the Scum play the Tigpies and of course the Scum are doing a good job.

I"m wondering how we would be travelling had we been able to sign up Fitzgibbon for 2021 but he wanted to stay put at the Roosters to fulfil his contract there and unfortunately we couldn't wait and we signed you know who. Whether or not, if we waited and had an interim coach for a year, Fitzy would have come to us anyway is another thing and he does have a pretty good squad to work with. If we did get him, would players like Hynes and Finucane come to us?

Unfortunately now, too much water has gone under the bridge and we seem to be stuck with you know who and we also have this problem -

Even if Sullivan and Sloan for example were to leave, it is not the players you follow, it is the club albeit a not so good one at the moment.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yet another ‘ big money offer ‘ to retain a player that only has a couple of seasons left in him . Hunt has proved his worth to the Dragons over the last 2 seasons , however you simply can not justify a large expenditure for his services , not if the club is truly looking towards the future success of the team .

Many have pointed out that he is not a organiser which to my way of thinking is indeed correct , what he has become is the best player in a team of footballers who are lacking in true attacking skills .

You will find a best player in most teams who tend to struggle from week to week , but the only way forward is to get those youngsters into the top grade on a permanent basis , not to offer a large sum of money to keep an ageing best player .

Once more this decision shows just how devoid the powers to be are of any plans for a successful future .

possm

Coach
Has any body here seen my old friend RYAN ???? Song sound familiar ??
When he started in this Gig , i thought finally we have someone who can take us somewhere .
Plenty of updates on player movement , club news etc etc but sadly he seems to have slipped into the ether that consumes most at the Dragons
We have heard ZIP out of him for ages..Has he been rained in by by the powers that be ?
Has he realised he has no clout there ?
i am aware that he regularly peruses this site reading with interest the constructive views of many on here ...
Members and supporters of this once great Club are treated with contempt by the Board who think they know best
Is anyone accountable for the mess we are presently in ?
Who takes responsibility for the signing of players that has now brought this once mighty Club to its knees .. Webb Haran Millward Yound Doust etc etc All still there ....as the Club wallows
We now have an out of touch Coach , who , similar to the last disaster , has a preferred few, that get selected even though their form is way below that expected
Many on here sing the praises of some of our promising juniors such as Sullivan Sloan etc etc but they are continually held back with little or no reason given , but at the same time other Clubs are blooding juniors on a regular basis , some much younger than ours Sualli etc
Many on here are continually frustrated by selection with little or no reason given why or why not..This week Frank Molo ...nothing..Lomax in,,,nothing ..Maccullough ..seriously
Questions to Mr Webb
Is our Coach purely selecting a slow , some out of form , pedestrian side that may jag the odd win against the few sides below us that may give him a better finishing position than last year , instead of selecting younger players pressing hard for NRL Selection that may come with some risk but will be all the better with the experience and give the fans something to cheer and get excited about??
Why do we hear so little from You and The Club in papers and social media akin to most other Clubs ?
Why are always looking at bargain basement buys / nomads /journeyman unwanted at other clubs but land here ? Why dont we go after the marquee signing that will attract others to the Club ie Munster Papenhauzen etc etc ?
When will we hear an opinion from You or the Club re the state of play re Anthony Griffin ?
Happy ? Not Happy ? Doing his best ? etc
His assistant coaches the same ? Both our defence and attack is SHOT so would love to hear your opinion
In closing

This Club used to be the most feared and revered In Rugby League known the world over ..Today we are a poorly run , poorly administered , poorly coached established that is quickly heading into oblivion that swallowed up Newtown , the Bears , old Magpies and Balmain ...

Yet another ‘ big money offer ‘ to retain a player that only has a couple of seasons left in him . Hunt has proved his worth to the Dragons over the last 2 seasons , however you simply can not justify a large expenditure for his services , not if the club is truly looking towards the future success of the team .

Many have pointed out that he is not a organiser which to my way of thinking is indeed correct , what he has become is the best player in a team of footballers who are lacking in true attacking skills .

You will find a best player in most teams who tend to struggle from week to week , but the only way forward is to get those youngsters into the top grade on a permanent basis , not to offer a large sum of money to keep an ageing best player .

Once more this decision shows just how devoid the powers to be are of any plans for a successful future .
Gareth, what makes you think we are offering more dollars to him if he extends? Not everything you read in the media is true, mate. Maybe that $1.3 mill figure was made up to stir shit, and it is. I have heard the offer will be less than his current deal.

possm

Coach
Gareth, what makes you think we are offering more dollars to him if he extends? Not everything you read in the media is true, mate. Maybe that $1.3 mill figure was made up to stir shit, and it is. I have heard the offer will be less than his current deal.
At most clubs, the extension offer would be around the 700k and in the old days, Saints would have certainly retained Hunt as a hooker.

Sullivan has had his share of injuries since being promoted to the top 30. So he is still untested for the NRL suitability. The last game he played was a disaster but not necessarily his fault.

We should do our very best to retain Sullivan and Sloan and a change of coach might just do the trick.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Even if Sullivan and Sloan for example were to leave, it is not the players you follow, it is the club albeit a not so good one at the moment.
DD, I have to agree and disagree both at the same time.

After the last 12 years of watching my club put an embarrassing shitshow on for the rest of the world (the most supported Rugby league club around the globe), I think this may be my final year of watching "Dragons Footy" and as I have many times mentioned WWE style Vlandysball which has turned a very simple game into something that I find very hard to watch no matter what teams are playing.

St.George will always be my team but in the future, I will resort to just watching the mini highlights on Kayo or NRL.WWE.com. I can't do full-game Dragons footy anymore. I'm done, I don't deserve the pain and heartache, ruined weekends, anger, frustration, and broken remotes.....BULLSHIT anymore!!!!

I have posted many times before, I'm a huge fan and do not know him personally, met him nor any of his family.
Therefore, from now and into the future I will follow the only player that has had me up on my feet and excited for the last decade in Matt Dufty.

I watched him play against Normies Toulouse the other night and Duff got MOM. Prior though, I have watched other English SL games and I find the SL game is soooooo much more watchable with minimal bunker and refereeing involvement swinging the momentum of games and determining the final result.

In summary, no Dragons footy for me in the future until massive wholesale improvements are made at
1. The Dragons
2. NRL-WWE/Vlandy's ball......which means
3. Get the obvious bias out the game and make it a level playing field
4. Just my opinion...Abdo isn't a strong enough administrator to beat the AFL dominance over NRL-WWE ( he has to go ASAP)

I'll be watching ESL from here on because it's more entertaining and easier on the eye and nerves.

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Dorothy I did not realize that the figure was the amount that you have quoted , in fact I would be pulling out the few remaining hairs on my head if that was anywhere near the sum .

Personally I believe that $550k - $600k would be appropriate. My main bone of contention is that the board should be concentrating on our juniors and that is where the money should be spent - and with luck on a couple of decent buys from other teams which have salary cap issues .

BLM01

First Grade
Dorothy I did not realize that the figure was the amount that you have quoted , in fact I would be pulling out the few remaining hairs on my head if that was anywhere near the sum .

Personally I believe that $550k - $600k would be appropriate. My main bone of contention is that the board should be concentrating on our juniors and that is where the money should be spent - and with luck on a couple of decent buys from other teams which have salary cap issues .
Hi Gazza, you are way off the infated current NRL market if you think an experienced proven 7 (just in the top 8 of 7's in the game ATM) and current SOO player (even at 9) gets only $550-600, regardless what you think of him.
Reynolds in some eyes may be a better player but is on supposedly only 750K-800K in Bronco dollars
Munster they are talking 1.2, DCE 1.1, Cleary 1.1-2,, Moses next deal nearly 1 mill, Brooks 900K, Johnson suppoedly 700's +, Townsend 750K, Flanno Jnr is on 400-450. Get my drift

saintmar

Juniors

After the last 12 years of watching my club put an embarrassing shitshow on for the rest of the world (the most supported Rugby league club around the globe), I think this may be my final year of watching "Dragons Footy" and as I have many times mentioned WWE style Vlandysball which has turned a very simple game into something that I find very hard to watch no matter what teams are playing.

St.George will always be my team but in the future, I will resort to just watching the mini highlights on Kayo or NRL.WWE.com. I can't do full-game Dragons footy anymore. I'm done, I don't deserve the pain and heartache, ruined weekends, anger, frustration, and broken remotes.....BULLSHIT anymore!!!!

I have posted many times before, I'm a huge fan and do not know him personally, met him nor any of his family.
Therefore, from now and into the future I will follow the only player that has had me up on my feet and excited for the last decade in Matt Dufty.

I watched him play against Normies Toulouse the other night and Duff got MOM. Prior though, I have watched other English SL games and I find the SL game is soooooo much more watchable with minimal bunker and refereeing involvement swinging the momentum of games and determining the final result.

In summary, no Dragons footy for me in the future until massive wholesale improvements are made at
1. The Dragons
4. Just my opinion...Abdo isn't a strong enough administrator to beat the AFL dominance over NRL-WWE ( he has to go ASAP)

I'll be watching ESL from here on because it's more entertaining and easier on the eye and nerves.
You are not alone
My entire family and many of my long time Saints friends feel the same
They and I wont watch this game any more
We follow the lower grades with great interest
We get all excited when a a great group come thru
Then our management and coaching selections just destroy it
Wonder why?
Are they looking at the best interest of the club?
Bet you they won't back themselves and offer their resignation if this decision doesn't give us a chance to WIN a comp?Not just run 11th to 14th
Where is the Accountability?
We the fans should demand that bad decisions and bad results should mean accountability and RESIGNATION

Dragon David

First Grade

1. The Dragons

"I will follow the only player that has had me up on my feet and excited for the last decade in Matt Dufty."

Yes I too miss Matt Dufty Dragon Blood. On his day he brings so much more excitement than a lot we currently have who are so robotic and there is a lack of individuality in the team.

I guess there have been many players that we have had that we only can now see on the highlights reel that have departed the club.

So sad really when yonks ago, there was the loyalty and the faith the players had for the club but now, conditions, money etc makes all the loyalty and fun disappear into the ether and much of it is to do with trying to make the game more than it really is to please the TV moguls and the NRL/ARL administrators who have been over the top with how they are running the show.

In a way, things like what are happening to the game has affected so many of the people involved in the game and it only takes a bad situation to make someone want to disappear for good.

The Super League is great to watch so I understand your feelings towards our NRL games.

I only wish like many of us that the Dragons were more solid and exciting and killing it. How long will it take for this to come about is anybodies guess and some will lose patience and not bother with watching league much at all.

Qdf

Juniors
"I will follow the only player that has had me up on my feet and excited for the last decade in Matt Dufty."

Yes I too miss Matt Dufty Dragon Blood. On his day he brings so much more excitement than a lot we currently have who are so robotic and there is a lack of individuality in the team.

I guess there have been many players that we have had that we only can now see on the highlights reel that have departed the club.

So sad really when yonks ago, there was the loyalty and the faith the players had for the club but now, conditions, money etc makes all the loyalty and fun disappear into the ether and much of it is to do with trying to make the game more than it really is to please the TV moguls and the NRL/ARL administrators who have been over the top with how they are running the show.

In a way, things like what are happening to the game has affected so many of the people involved in the game and it only takes a bad situation to make someone want to disappear for good.

The Super League is great to watch so I understand your feelings towards our NRL games.

I only wish like many of us that the Dragons were more solid and exciting and killing it. How long will it take for this to come about is anybodies guess and some will lose patience and not bother with watching league much at all.
Yes a real bunch of pretenders running our club....They should hang their head in shame. RUINED our once proud club. The Stgeorge ILL "board" have turned our club into a complete basket case & a laughing stock. Resignation is the only acceptable outcome for this incompetent BOARD.

Gareth67

First Grade
Hi Gazza, you are way off the infated current NRL market if you think an experienced proven 7 (just in the top 8 of 7's in the game ATM) and current SOO player (even at 9) gets only $550-600, regardless what you think of him.
Reynolds in some eyes may be a better player but is on supposedly only 750K-800K in Bronco dollars
Munster they are talking 1.2, DCE 1.1, Cleary 1.1-2,, Moses next deal nearly 1 mill, Brooks 900K, Johnson suppoedly 700's +, Townsend 750K, Flanno Jnr is on 400-450. Get my drift
I do get your drift buddy , however the way that I look at it is that Ben has received the big dollars since he arrived at the club , so my estimate is based upon him doing the right thing by the club in an effort to secure the services of better players - by accepting a smaller amount than he was previously on .

Now if I can survive on my age pension ( which is a hell of a lot less than $550 - $600k ) then I am sure that Benny and a few other highly paid Dragons could do the same .

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
At most clubs, the extension offer would be around the 700k and in the old days, Saints would have certainly retained Hunt as a hooker.

Sullivan has had his share of injuries since being promoted to the top 30. So he is still untested for the NRL suitability. The last game he played was a disaster but not necessarily his fault.

We should do our very best to retain Sullivan and Sloan and a change of coach might just do the trick.
Well said poss. Completely agree mate

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Hunt is holding the club to ransom yet he doesn't have the goods, sorry. Five years, with a couple of those year under his captaincy, have produced zip with little improvement either to show or offer. Occasional flashes of brilliance and even domination but only occasional at best. There is a reason for that, he is not a leader of men, not when the chips are down. I wouldn't listen to him for a second if he is backing Griffin in as coach, the guy cannot coach.

If I were in charge I have no qualms in offering Hunt a role into the future, a role aligned with his age and his SOO status - at 9 and on 700k max for 2 years. Also he'd be there to help bring along our long hoped for juniors which is our only realistic way out of the deep trench we have been stuck in for over a decade. if Hunt is hanging around at 7 this cannot happen. He can have a coaching role later if he proves himself worthy.

charlesv

Juniors
I saw someone post Ryan Webb's email address would someone be kind enough to repost as i would like to email him ( it will be a polite firmly stated email)

possm

Coach
Let Hunt go then! with is salary cap funds, buy Kyle Flannagan and a good hooker. Then let Sullivan (if he stays) and Flannagan fight it out for the NRL 7 spot. Two young contenders who would both feel they have a chance of selection.

Old Timer

Coach
Let Hunt go then! with is salary cap funds, buy Kyle Flannagan and a good hooker. Then let Sullivan (if he stays) and Flannagan fight it out for the NRL 7 spot. Two young contenders who would both feel they have a chance of selection.
Nice thought but the trouble is Flanagan would come at $$$$ far in excess of the $$ Sullivan is currently on, so how in all fairness can you expect that to work out well?

possm

Coach
Nice thought but the trouble is Flanagan would come at $$$$ far in excess of the $$ Sullivan is currently on, so how in all fairness can you expect that to work out well?
The NRL experience factor is determining the price however, Flannagan is not wanted at the Bulldogs and would come to Saints if his after was the head coach. Let form determine who is selected no matter what their salary.