What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Williamson 2008 High Lights

Pass the Ball

Juniors
No doubt he can pass on more than me but more than Lam and Freddy I would doubt...

He was an average footballer next to one of the best footballers...

RWB

Bench
they won the comp coach did a great job with them. i heard he is going to be the coach of the u20 for 2009. i hope that's true

It is true, he became head coach towards the latter part of last season and will be head coach again in 2009.

Big Pete

Referee
Good to see another talented Queenslander come through.

If injuries are kind I expect him to feature through out 2009.

chaplin

Juniors
No doubt he can pass on more than me but more than Lam and Freddy I would doubt...

He was an average footballer next to one of the best footballers...

Tim Sheens, Jack Gibson, Warren Ryan, Wayne Bennett, Phil Gould, Brian Smith, Michael Hagen, Craig Bellamey, Neil Henry, Ivan Cleary (in fact you could list the majority of coaches of the last 30yrs) are all better coaches than they were players. Sometimes the best players struggle to pass on what they know because often they played on instinct rather than what they were taught. Teachers are teachers, not always brilliant in practice. Its their ability to get a message across that sets them apart. Maybe Johns has that ability, it appears that way with Cronks improvement to date.

Monk

Referee
Tim Sheens, Jack Gibson, Warren Ryan, Wayne Bennett, Phil Gould, Brian Smith, Michael Hagen, Craig Bellamey, Neil Henry, Ivan Cleary (in fact you could list the majority of coaches of the last 30yrs) are all better coaches than they were players. Sometimes the best players struggle to pass on what they know because often they played on instinct rather than what they were taught. Teachers are teachers, not always brilliant in practice. Its their ability to get a message across that sets them apart. Maybe Johns has that ability, it appears that way with Cronks improvement to date.
+1

also.... best first post ever!

Geohood

Bench
Someone says that Williamson may miss 2009 due to his knee injury???? can anyone confirm?

The Business

Juniors
they won the comp coach did a great job with them. i heard he is going to be the coach of the u20 for 2009. i hope that's true
The coach, Scott Murray, replaced Adrian Lam as U20s coach towards the end of last season. They improved considerably.

Monk

Referee
hmmm, williamson would have had more of a shot at a FG start if soli was injured...

Latest posts