What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryles,Barrett and Noddy

steelers82

Juniors
gday, thanks for all the feed back on my first post(ryles should stay),i couldnt agree more with the views expressed about Noddy,past his best,overrated etc.can i say that Noddy can go anywhere bar the dragons and i will be happy.for people to compare him to baz is well beyond belief.the steelers and later the dragons have never had to hide baz in defence unlike noddy it is a must for us to get baz back in the red and white to play under benny next year as one of the replies i got said Soward and Chase would come on in leaps and bounds along side Baz and under Bennys tutorledge. ps jon green is a must sign as well for at least next season,give him a three year deal and by the end of it he will be an origin player for QLD.

Cooper-Man

Bench
If he doesnt like the sh*t the fans put on him then tuff. If he played in the EPL and he would have gotten death threats and his family would have been attacked. Bechkam copped it many times and look at his stature in the world.

drake

First Grade
I think my opinion on Barrett is public record.
I used to enjoy watching him play on his good days, I honestly reckon he lacks the mental toughness to be a playmaker. Cracks under pressure.
I do know that he used to cop a LOT of abuse from people in the Illawarra, not necessarily fans of the Dragons though.
If he thinks that the Sharks fans are gonna be any kinder, he'd better not pack what he's smokin' in his suitcase.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Think about it for a second, Baz is 31 with a busted knee and way past his prime.

If you were to team Barrett and Soward together (in the halves) you have two running players in the halves with NFI about organising the play, as much as I dislike Kimmorley we need and organiser and a runner so Soward and Kimmorley would be a better combination for us. Although Finch would have been fairly handy as well.

Ribs

Bench
I think Barrett is a better 7 than 6. His efforts in the 7 in 99 were great and for NSW and Australia he has been good in the halfback position.

Tends to over play his hand in big matches though, like Drake said, its the mental toughness that he lacks.

What if we pay overs for Barrett and he does his knee/ankle again. We cant keep mixing our halves and we cant keep covering that position.

Barrett is a big risk.

brendothejet

First Grade
Id vomit if i saw barret in a sharks jersey.

That would bethe worst outcome because you know he'd aim up against saints and we'd lose the game by his hand.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
2009 '' A NEW BEGINNING''
We do not need Barrett,Kimmorley. They are Yesterdays
players.If Ryles wants to suck his thumb he can go too.
THE DRAGONS NEED PLAYERS WHO WANT TO HAVE A GO. PLAYERS WHO EARN WHAT THEY ARE PAID. NO ONE IS INDISPENSIBLE. BRING on BENNY.:roll::roll::roll:

bazookabarry

Juniors
barrett cost us plenty of $ over the years and how many premierships did he deliver? he's better off at the sharks. we want players who want to play for the saints. he's f#$%ED anyway.

barrett cost us plenty of $ over the years and how many premierships did he deliver? he's better off at the sharks. we want players who want to play for the saints. he's f#$%ED anyway.
Coincidence or not..

How have we performed since he left ?

I don't care if we got him or didn't get him, i am wanting to see the combo with him and Soward..

dragon_mel

Juniors
Quite frankly if barrett deserts us cuz we r not offering enough money then stuff him, id rather have noddy if hes gonna play with more heart.

Hanscholo

Bench
I think the Kimmorley deal with the Dragons was on the cards way before barrett ever entered the picture. Id say the talks were stalling when Trent decided to come home. I think at that point the Noddy deal was pretty much over but someone at Cronulla trying to pressure StGeorge leaked it.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Does anyoe else see Noddy as a good one season signing? I do. I think we have far better outside backs than the poo he's working with at Scum Stadium & I can see him getting a final wind and getting us around the park OK.

It fits that it would be Noddy in 09 & then Peter Wallace after he comes off contract at Brisbane.

That would do nicely.