What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Lol, did you forget to post last week champ?
Love how you still quote me when every man and his dog has called you out.
Enjoy the loss, you must be frothing
I was stoked after last week but seeing the team we beat follow up with a loss to the titans today and then seeing us concede 60 just reinforces everything I've said to date.

We are pathetic and it is all due to this fraud of a coach. What's your excuse for him tonight buddy?

thebigredv

First Grade
Flano said there us not much difference between them at their best and us at our best.
HELLO.
If Flano doesn't sign 3-5 quality players before now and round 1 next year we are obviously just on another long road to nowhere.

He can say what he likes but it is what he does in the market that matters. 1.5+ mil to spend for a reason. The complete bingo try card for the Roosters backline today to score tries. Was always going to be an issue going into the game. Roosters will lose half those players for next year but the difference is they will replace them with like for like. We will probably be on the phone to Ricky Leutele or some other old bloke.

Sage63

Juniors
I was stoked after last week but seeing the team we beat follow up with a loss to the titans today and then seeing us concede 60 just reinforces everything I've said to date.

We are pathetic and it is all due to this fraud of a coach. What's your excuse for him tonight buddy?
Hey Genius, still waiting for you to tell us who do you want as a coach, what players do you want to get rid of and what players do you want to bring into the club?!?
how would you do it??
Please, do tell.

56to66

Juniors
Omg, its got nothing to do with the coach, this merger club is pure shit, 60 points, the club should disintegrate into extinction!

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Hey Genius, still waiting for you to tell us who do you want as a coach, what players do you want to get rid of and what players do you want to bring into the club?!?
how would you do it??
Please, do tell.
Mate, there's no need to keep chastising with the same question.

If you go back and read my posts you'll see I've stated before that Ryles was the coach we needed and that our issues have always run much deeper than the coach.

From all reports, Ryles demanded sweeping changes and control of the football department along with a head of football at our club. These sorts of changes would've been instrumental and certainly given our club the ability to improve.

Of course the BOD don't want to lose control of their piss poor ability to manage the club, so they went in another direction and signed the reject drug cheat coach who no other club in the NRL wanted a bar of.

The BOD would be pretty proud of their work though as most supporters still haven't realised this and probably won't for another 2-3 years until they then go ahead with Young as head coach and repeat cycle.

If you're happy with sell outs lining up to coach the team for a pay cheque under some delusional belief that they will turn the team around, then you're going to be bitterly disappointed.

In the mean time be prepared to read my critical posts.

redVinme

Bench
Yes, but Flanno's got 2 of the top 5 already.
He's also got one of the worst teams ever assembled during that time in am era that is far higher scoring.

Maybe blame the club that decided to wait half a season to sack hook and give the new coach no opportunity to sign anyone rather than the bloke that inherited a NSW cup quality team with 2/3 of his best players had already asked for a release before he even got there.

5 wins last year, 4 so far this year. You can not like how we are getting there but facts are the side will win more than last year in a tougher comp.

He's also got one of the worst teams ever assembled during that time in am era that is far higher scoring.

Maybe blame the club that decided to wait half a season to sack hook and give the new coach no opportunity to sign anyone rather than the bloke that inherited a NSW cup quality team with 2/3 of his best players had already asked for a release before he even got there.

5 wins last year, 4 so far this year. You can not like how we are getting there but facts are the side will win more than last year in a tougher comp.

Are Flanno's players worse than last year's players?

Hook coached in the same high socring era.

We will win more games.

I'm not sure what you mean by a tougher comp.

redVinme

Bench
Are Flanno's players worse than last year's players?

Hook coached in the same high socring era.

We will win more games.

I'm not sure what you mean by a tougher comp.
They are about the same. Below the required quality to not get blown out by good teams.
There's been minimal time for turn over which is what I am saying.

When the record books close this year its gonna be wins and losses people remember and 8-10 wins with this team will be an over achievement. Progress isn't linear.

Tougher Comp meaning bottom 8 teams in the tigers, Bulldogs etc are fielding stronger teams than last year therefore less "gimme" games. Not that we even won many of those last year.

TheRev

First Grade
It's 100% a tougher competition.. there used to be 4 or so easy beat teams.. I know I have said this a million times but ppl didnt believe me... we are 2 (maybe 3 now) years behind the Dogs & Tigers rebuild.. and we missed the boat due to salary cap increases.

Flannos methods should work.. supply and demand, dollars on offer.. we should be able to make shrewd appointments.. but its not working because clubs can afford to stockpile currently.. that and TPA's/pubs/investments etc.. that plus perhaps there arent as many 1st grade players due to the covid period preventing junior grade footy.

TheRev

First Grade
And yes our side is slightly improved over 2023 (only slightly) and thats mostly due to fitness and coaching.

However you can't measure us in a vacuum, you have to consider the rate of improvement of the other teams in the competition... we have to improve far faster than opposition teams who can recruit at will.

They are about the same. Below the required quality to not get blown out by good teams.
There's been minimal time for turn over which is what I am saying.

When the record books close this year its gonna be wins and losses people remember and 8-10 wins with this team will be an over achievement. Progress isn't linear.

Tougher Comp meaning bottom 8 teams in the tigers, Bulldogs etc are fielding stronger teams than last year therefore less "gimme" games. Not that we even won many of those last year.

I think that our players are good enough not to get blown out by good teams. They are capable of playing better than they played yesterday. They played much better against the Roosters last year.

I agree that the record books will show more wins this year than last year. I don't agree that 8 wins is an over-acheivement. In any case, I think in the long run it's important to build good habits and compete every game. So as a rebuilding team, I'd rather lose all 24 games 2-0 than get flogged in half the games.

OK. I agree that Bulldogs are much better than last year. They were easily the worst team last year. They were very lucky to win the games they won, and got flogged often. So I agree less gimme games (Bulldogs did beat us, though). I do think, however, that there are more winnable games for an average team as the top teams aren't as strong as they were last year. So definitely a more even comp.

Old Timer

Coach
The Mc Fookknuckle and Hook years were punctuated by a plethora of misguided, unacceptable, foolhardy, dumb as dog shit actions & decisions etc etc etc.

Below in no particular order is some of them

1. Caving into the BOD.
2. Abysmal signings including old allegiances.
3. Piss poor abysmal game plans.
4. Piss poor abysmal last tackle options.
5. Piss poor defence that leads to abysmal and totally unacceptable losing margins.
5. Lack of accountability for abysmal performances.
6. Having favourites in selection process including old allegiances at the cost to the team and others.
7. Rinse and repeat selections.
8. 5 minute playing times to justify so called blooding of youth.
9. Reluctance to blood players despite senior players continued < piss poor performances.
10. Constantly caving into the wishes of Ben Hunt.
11. Cringeworthy statements that bite you and the team on the arse.
12. Having players looking to exit the team asap?

Which of these boxes has Flanagan not yet ticked?

redVinme

Bench
I think that our players are good enough not to get blown out by good teams. They are capable of playing better than they played yesterday. They played much better against the Roosters last year.

I agree that the record books will show more wins this year than last year. I don't agree that 8 wins is an over-acheivement. In any case, I think in the long run it's important to build good habits and compete every game. So as a rebuilding team, I'd rather lose all 24 games 2-0 than get flogged in half the games.

OK. I agree that Bulldogs are much better than last year. They were easily the worst team last year. They were very lucky to win the games they won, and got flogged often. So I agree less gimme games (Bulldogs did beat us, though). I do think, however, that there are more winnable games for an average team as the top teams aren't as strong as they were last year. So definitely a more even comp.

I absolutely agree they could have played better. And they played much better last Anzac day. Might I remind you they lost 48-18 last time they played the warriors though so there is something to be said each way.

I do disagree in the sense that a team with so many reserve grade quality players isnt going to be able to be able to build the good habits and competitive nature we are all looking for. Our starting props should be our bench props is a prime example. Almost every week younger, stronger, fitter and faster players roll through our reserve grade pack. Every year since the six again rule started teams have moved towards fast footed, agile forwards with thrust. We haven't and it shows massively. Each year the gap widens until we sign quality players or juniors break through. We have plenty of underperforming and stupid players that need to be moved on before any real standards can be hard.

Some weeks they will get up for a Game, some weeks they will get heavily outmatched it's just the reality of the roster quality. However for any of that to change they need to win more games, it doesn't matter how or no one will come here nor will the juniors stay. So I'd prefer 10 wins and hopefully a couple of decent recruits vs 26 "moral victories" in which our reserve grade plodders dont shit all over themselves.

I absolutely agree they could have played better. And they played much better last Anzac day. Might I remind you they lost 48-18 last time they played the warriors though so there is something to be said each way.

I do disagree in the sense that a team with so many reserve grade quality players isnt going to be able to be able to build the good habits and competitive nature we are all looking for. Our starting props should be our bench props is a prime example. Almost every week younger, stronger, fitter and faster players roll through our reserve grade pack. Every year since the six again rule started teams have moved towards fast footed, agile forwards with thrust. We haven't and it shows massively. Each year the gap widens until we sign quality players or juniors break through. We have plenty of underperforming and stupid players that need to be moved on before any real standards can be hard.

Some weeks they will get up for a Game, some weeks they will get heavily outmatched it's just the reality of the roster quality. However for any of that to change they need to win more games, it doesn't matter how or no one will come here nor will the juniors stay. So I'd prefer 10 wins and hopefully a couple of decent recruits vs 26 "moral victories" in which our reserve grade plodders dont shit all over themselves.
Roster quality limits how good you can be at your best. It shouldn’t limit your ability to play near your best most weeks. That’s down to standards and effort. Getting the players to do their best is called coaching.

redVinme

Bench
The Mc Fookknuckle and Hook years were punctuated by a plethora of misguided, unacceptable, foolhardy, dumb as dog shit actions & decisions etc etc etc.

Below in no particular order is some of them

1. Caving into the BOD.
2. Abysmal signings including old allegiances.
3. Piss poor abysmal game plans.
4. Piss poor abysmal last tackle options.
5. Piss poor defence that leads to abysmal and totally unacceptable losing margins.
5. Lack of accountability for abysmal performances.
6. Having favourites in selection process including old allegiances at the cost to the team and others.
7. Rinse and repeat selections.
8. 5 minute playing times to justify so called blooding of youth.
9. Reluctance to blood players despite senior players continued < piss poor performances.
10. Constantly caving into the wishes of Ben Hunt.
11. Cringeworthy statements that bite you and the team on the arse.
12. Having players looking to exit the team asap?

Which of these boxes has Flanagan not yet ticked?
Itd only be fair for you to make a post in which you acknowledge that you've gone back on your self "imposed" pre season boycott or mind your own business honestly.

Happy to sit on your high horse telling anyone who will listen that you won't be posting this season just to slowly encroach and move goal posts until we arrive at you full blown involved in current team events.

You should either let everyone know that
A) you aren't a person of high integrity and are now bending on the their morals (ironic)
B) You intend on getting off your high horse and joining the rest of us mortals
C) You are going stick to your word

Because others may forget but some remember exactly what you said.