What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

This Year?

Immortal
My take on this is that:
1. How was this leaked to the media by someone in the board/close to the board?
2. The whole timing thing. You could argue both ways. If the club is looking to make changes you have to be proactive. Most background things football operations planning wise would already be looking towards next season anyway wouldn't they? Surely there'd be contingency plans for different scenarios or am I giving too much thought into it?

Mojo

Bench
My take on this is that:
2. The whole timing thing. You could argue both ways. If the club is looking to make changes you have to be proactive. Most background things football operations planning wise would already be looking towards next season anyway wouldn't they? Surely there'd be contingency plans for different scenarios or am I giving too much thought into it?
Good questions.
1. How do we know it was a board leak? Could have been the man himself.
2. There probably are contingency plans. Time will tell (give it about 3 days I reckon).

Gomarchin

Juniors
My take on this is that:
What if it was Hook's manager who leaked it to the media. Gives Hook's media mates time to apply the pressure??

Who knows. One thing I do know is the board need to get this next HC appointment right.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
“ Jason Ryles , Ben Hornby , Dean Young - and Shane Flanagan (?) are being considered “

Surely some nutters idea of a bad joke , they had Mr. Flanagan for the last 3 bluudy years and did not use him where he would had made a difference - as the Dragons coach .

To my way of thinking the only individual who can pull the Dragons out of the drain that we have been caught in for too many damn years now is a coach of reknown ability and with the results on the board - throw St.George Illawarra’s biggest fan Bruce Gordon’s cheque book at Craig Bellamy ! ! !
Imagine having a bloke as an assistant coach, only to let him go, then hire him less than a year later as head coach…surely this cannot be true that he’s being considered

steerlerbab

Juniors
The board should either have tapped Hook on the shoulder last Oct that his time is up or at least waited until week 10 to see if we are a chance to make finals, not 3 weeks into 2023 competition. As has been the case in other clubs, Hook will try to get the rest of his salary for this year and leave.

Bravo the board. You sabotaged 2023.

Gareth67

First Grade
Imagine having a bloke as an assistant coach, only to let him go, then hire him less than a year later as head coach…surely this cannot be true that he’s being considered

It would be unbelievable to think that is the case , however with the Dragon’s brain trust anything is possible. With the exception being , that it would be the appropriate move .

This Year?

Immortal
Good questions.
1. How do we know it was a board leak? Could have been the man himself.
2. There probably are contingency plans. Time will tell (give it about 3 days I reckon).
I wouldn't be surprised at all. The whole thing reeks of a smokescreen. I reckon they've already got the new coach and are just tying up loose ends before announcing it.
I reckon it's none of the 3 reported. They'd all be happy in their current roles in successful clubs.
I'd be looking at who our current assistants are linked to for an answer on who the new coach would be.

justadragon

Bench
I completely agree with Clarke, this whole situation should have been done and dusted middle to end of last season, how many interviews do you see the Roosters have or Storm have or even for that matter the Bulldogs, they wanted a particular guy, they got him, none of this BS. I agree with Riccio, its weak leadership, and dont bother sugar coating it with this honesty crap.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I completely agree with Clarke, this whole situation should have been done and dusted middle to end of last season, how many interviews do you see the Roosters have or Storm have or even for that matter the Bulldogs, they wanted a particular guy, they got him, none of this BS. I agree with Riccio, its weak leadership, and dont bother sugar coating it with this honesty crap.

I reckon Clarke should focus on his career selling rubber rather than football matters.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Sorry, you can't agree with Riccio - you just can't!

Old Timer

Coach
f**k Clarke, f**k the media, f**k NRL 360, f**k Kenty, f**k anyone in here for again jumping on the clubs back over this.

There is hardly a person in this forum that wants Hook to be here next year and that being the case you need to go to the market.

In saying that timing is everything so if Bellamy is starting to say this maybe it for him no doubt The Storm will be out early trying to sign their new coach and that can cause a huge disruption in where coaches might / might not be or go.

I actually don't think they will go with Newby but if Bellamy stays on as "godfather" then maybe they go for Ryles.

Therefore if Ryles is on our list then best we interview him asap and if he ticks the boxes sign him.

So if us being proactive is now somehow a shameful act then people need to rethink their position as we owe no one any favours and about time we became a bit cutthroat in our dealings.

NB: Many believed that Bud & Sloan were given some guarantees for them to stay with us, well maybe this is just a confirmation of that.

mattchuot

Juniors
f**k Clarke, f**k the media, f**k NRL 360, f**k Kenty, f**k anyone in here for again jumping on the clubs back over this.

There is hardly a person in this forum that wants Hook to be here next year and that being the case you need to go to the market.

In saying that timing is everything so if Bellamy is starting to say this maybe it for him no doubt The Storm will be out early trying to sign their new coach and that can cause a huge disruption in where coaches might / might not be or go.

I actually don't think they will go with Newby but if Bellamy stays on as "godfather" then maybe they go for Ryles.

Therefore if Ryles is on our list then best we interview him asap and if he ticks the boxes sign him.

So if us being proactive is now somehow a shameful act then people need to rethink their position as we owe no one any favours and about time we became a bit cutthroat in our dealings.

NB: Many believed that Bud & Sloan were given some guarantees for them to stay with us, well maybe this is just a confirmation of that.
Agreed OT.

Michelle Bishop was on SEN earlier today and she recalled an encounter with a senior club official during that period we were shopping for a new coach post-Mary. That official told her that the club was looking for a plug in plug out coach, someone that could be pulled out easily if a better option came onto the market. That someone turned out to be Hook. I suspect that he was always meant to be a stop-gap, a short-term coach that could hold down the fort and clear up the salary cap mess we were in. The club must’ve been burnt missing out on their first choice in Fitzy before settling for Hook. Now I bet they’re doing everything possible to ensure they land their first choice by getting into the market early. Uncertainty in Bellamy’s coaching future could have very well pushed the Dragons into action. If Ryles is our guy, let’s have a red hot crack at him before the Storm have the chance to make a play.

Latest posts