What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

ouryears

Bench
From supposedly great coaches to shit. Just shows, you are only as good as your last win.

I used to get so annoyed reading how all these coaches were meant to be so great, and how they were visionary, blah blah blah.

You can add Ricky to that list as well.

Brad Arthur (should be sacked)
Paul Green (2019 do or die)
Des Hasler. (sacked)
Michael Maguire (sacked)

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
If you are an opposition supporter and come into the dragons forum for a look the first thing you see is sack McGregor. Hilarious.

ouryears

Bench
If you are an opposition supporter and come into the dragons forum for a look the first thing you see is sack McGregor. Hilarious.
So true crush.
The one good thing about it though is they see our desire and passion for success vs what they have.

Most other forums except Parra don't even talk about sacking their coach, even ones at the bottom of the ladder.

I think that is the main difference mate, we are passionate, demand success and yes.....at times we may be over the top, but hey, it's the mighty Dragons.

Some forums on here are like libraries, no noise at all, very boring.

hazzbeen

Bench
So true crush.
The one good thing about it though is they see our desire and passion for success vs what they have.

Most other forums except Parra don't even talk about sacking their coach, even ones at the bottom of the ladder.

I think that is the main difference mate, we are passionate, demand success and yes.....at times we may be over the top, but hey, it's the mighty Dragons.

Some forums on here are like libraries, no noise at all, very boring.
Mary has had long enough to do well , Top 4 and better this year nothing less or SACK HIM .....

BennyV

Referee
Not necessarily...coming up to 5 years in charge, overseen 1 finals game (a loss), as well as some of the worst records in JV history (worst attacking start to the year, held to nil at Kogarah, most consecutive losses)...it’s understandable.

Crush

Coach
Not necessarily...coming up to 5 years in charge, overseen 1 finals game (a loss), as well as some of the worst records in JV history (worst attacking start to the year, held to nil at Kogarah, most consecutive losses)...it’s understandable.
I think given our current form, leading the comp, most points scored, 2nd least amount of points conceeded, maybe we hang onto him for a while and see how things pan out.
But hey thats just me.

I think given our current form, leading the comp, most points scored, 2nd least amount of points conceeded, maybe we hang onto him for a while and see how things pan out.
But hey thats just me.

Let us revisit this topic after the season has finished.

Selection of the first 17 and bench utilisation remain perplexing and below what I would expect from a FG coach.

As we know, Mary tells us he has the right cattle. Results have been above expectation.

Holding my breath hoping the wheels remain on the billy cart !!

Gareth67

First Grade
I want a premiership , you want a premiership - we all would ever so much like to win a premiership this year . It would be wonderful if season 2018 was the year , however should Mary be ' savy ' enough to steer the Dragons through to the qualifying finals I would be most pleased and even satisfied , but that is me ,as an individual . I look at our boys and can see many strengths , but also weaknesses - sad but true .

I believe that next year shall be the season when the Dragon will reign over all other teams . Our younger players will have that extra year under their belt , which most hopefully will include more top grade games thus giving a the team a more balanced feel to it . Not only will the youth be there but also the speed that comes with them , more so in the backs .

However that is merely my 2 bobs worths , i shall continue to cheer when they score tries and be pussed - off when they lose , just as long as there is all round improvement in the team and the passion and pride in the Dragon Jersey is evident .

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
I'm Gobsmacked....Mary mentions a PLAN B !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coach's Preview: Round 11
St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has his final say on the Dragons ahead of their Round 11 clash against the Raiders at Mudgee's Glen Willow Stadium.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/05/19/coachs-preview-round-11/
Why does Mary have to say we have a plan B? Just frcken have the plans for the game, don't tell anyone, carry out the gameplan and move on.
That interview annoys me.
Also did he say the predicament for tomorrow is no rain?
I think its prediction not predicament Mary.

Bench
Hats off to Mary so far but there are things that can be improved on. The bench is one that he needs to be a whole lot better.
He needs to look at Nightingale wing spot. But in fairness no one in the IPS is putting any pressure on Nighty.

Red V for life

Juniors
Look, I don’t mean to be too critical, but what Mary refers to as ‘Plan B’ is what everyone else would call commonsense!

Unless....Mary’s ‘Plan B’ is for us not to get tackled in the red zone....:thinking:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Hats off to Mary so far but there are things that can be improved on. The bench is one that he needs to be a whole lot better.
He needs to look at Nightingale wing spot. But in fairness no one in the IPS is putting any pressure on Nighty.

I refuse to get caught up in all conjecture about McGregors’ coaching abilities and the perceived, Plan B....... well at least till after today’s game.

How about Hats off to Mary .......... ur, uh?
Maybe, ...how about, Hats off to Larry???

Dragon66

Juniors
Plan B!!!!! If Mary had a plan B up his sleeve, it's still up their because nothing I've seem today is even slightly different to anything they have been doing since the start of the season.

No I've got it! Make more errors that'll confuse them and kick more penalty goals!!!

Mary still has to go.

Latest posts