What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Smurf

Juniors
Just thinking
Worst coaches ever
Here is a start
The sad reality is that there are a lot of Dragon ones

Price
Farrar
Young
Mary
Fittler
Big Mal M
Taylor ?
Pay

There is also a common item - none of them are experienced coaches .
Well the way it’s going Mary is “ experienced “ due to fact that the board keep extending him - FMD

Hardcore Dragon

Juniors
Just thinking
Worst coaches ever
Here is a start

Price
Farrar
Young
Mary
Fittler
Big Mal M
Taylor ?
Pay

Well the way it’s going Mary is “ experienced “ due to fact that the board keep extending him - FMD

The Egg replacing David Waite says it all.

Such a f#cked up administration.

XXX

BLM01

First Grade
Just thinking
Worst coaches ever
Here is a start

Price
Farrar
Young
Mary
Fittler
Big Mal M
Taylor ?
Pay

There was a thread on this last year..I'll add some more for recent memory
Lamb
Langmack
Kearney
Souths had a few more prior to Lang. Coleman?, Sean Lane? I think his name was SL coach
Wally Lewis - Garth Brennan not far behind for the Gold Cost area

Old Timer

Coach
Tim Sheens?
Like Smith too long out of the NRL & Sydney scene and too much yesterday's man about them.
As I said before whilst I don't like Gould as a commentator / know it all / administrator I think 2 years with him as coach and maybe JD with him would be a very good scenario.
Our club needs someone who knows and understands the culture and history and that is what Bennett acknowledged when he came here.
He said words the the effect that we were an iconic club with a great history and fans that have been waiting too long for a premiership.
Gould is also of that type of belief and would be able to get the phoenix to rise from the ashes that have been smouldering ever since Bennett's departure.

There was a thread on this last year..I'll add some more for recent memory
Lamb
Langmack
Kearney
Souths had a few more prior to Lang. Coleman?, Sean Lane? I think his name was SL coach
Wally Lewis - Garth Brennan not far behind for the Gold Cost area
Langmack probably the worst of all time followed closely by Coleman and Young.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Langmack probably the worst of all time followed closely by Coleman and Young.
Dennis I believe Mary was worse than Craig Young. Albert really was a poor coach with a shit team and poor roster. Mary is below bog average with a decent team filled with Representative players and a mountain of assistant staff to deflect blame.
Poor Albert just copped all the blame back in the old 80's.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Just thinking
Worst coaches ever
Here is a start

Price
Farrar
Young
Mary
Fittler
Big Mal M
Taylor ?
Pay

It’s a cliche but a coach’s success (or failure) is very much predicated by the “cattle” at their disposal. Both Price and Young (particularly the latter) had either poor or aging rosters to work with, and the element of “coaching too early” also needs to be factored in.

Smurf

Juniors
It’s a cliche but a coach’s success (or failure) is very much predicated by the “cattle” at their disposal. Both Price and Young (particularly the latter) had either poor or aging rosters to work with, and the element of “coaching too early” also needs to be factored in.

That’s a good point , it also goes to show , how really bad Mary is ....