What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Here is a top example of a joke of a coach he is. At half time John Morris was livid with his team with all the errors they were making and let them know. THey were 12-6 up mind you. Mary on the other hand was smiling because he was proud that they were only 6 pts down. Wow. Was he watching a different game? He would have been extatic and come out at fulltime saying that they did not lose the 2nd half. Forget the million errors. He really takes the saying " results based " to a new level. No matter how $hite you are. If results are not bad it is a great performance. Also the Team effort thing must be taken differently. If 2-3 players make majority of errors, he divides it between 17 players and says, it is an average of 1 error a player which is why he keeps the same squad.

Rava made more errors than correct plays yesterday and will get picked again. Probably handled the ball 8 times for 5-6 errors. Absolute rubbish. Glad they got him and let go of Garrick. And don't blame retention? If your coach is not picking the players, then you look for alternatives which is what Millward did hence why he brought in 3 clowns for Herbert and Garrick. Those 2 never got picked.

18to87

First Grade
Here is a top example of a joke of a coach he is. At half time John Morris was livid with his team with all the errors they were making and let them know. THey were 12-6 up mind you. Mary on the other hand was smiling because he was proud that they were only 6 pts down. Wow. Was he watching a different game? He would have been extatic and come out at fulltime saying that they did not lose the 2nd half. Forget the million errors. He really takes the saying " results based " to a new level. No matter how $hite you are. If results are not bad it is a great performance. Also the Team effort thing must be taken differently. If 2-3 players make majority of errors, he divides it between 17 players and says, it is an average of 1 error a player which is why he keeps the same squad.

Rava made more errors than correct plays yesterday and will get picked again. Probably handled the ball 8 times for 5-6 errors. Absolute rubbish. Glad they got him and let go of Garrick. And don't blame retention? If your coach is not picking the players, then you look for alternatives which is what Millward did hence why he brought in 3 clowns for Herbert and Garrick. Those 2 never got picked.
It's called accountability and there is a distinct lack of it within the club. Only assistant coaches and players with so-called attitude problems get let go. Meanwhile, the rot at the top stays in a job and gets extended. I really don't see how anything will change for 2020 unless McGregor is walked.

merahputih

Juniors
It's called accountability and there is a distinct lack of it within the club. Only assistant coaches and players with so-called attitude problems get let go. Meanwhile, the rot at the top stays in a job and gets extended. I really don't see how anything will change for 2020 unless McGregor is walked.
Surely even this nepotistic management must realize that McGregor has lost the dressing room, a situation that is normally fatal for a coach in any other professional sport. I suspect that he had lost it before the semi final win last year against the Broncos when he sat in the coach's box looking like a stunned mullet as the side played a brand of football completely at odds with his 'power game'. I (almost) felt sorry for him yesterday, looking like he was on the verge of a serious mental breakdown in the coach's box. For the sake of Paul's well being and the club's image and future, please put an end to this farce and admit that his appointment has been an abysmal failure.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
In all seriousness. Saints are one of the most successful clubs of all time. Winning 11 gfs in a row at one stage. So how is it possible that Mary has been the longest serving coach with zero success during his reign. Surely he has to go at the end of the season

What I think you and many other dragons fans need to do is remember the joy you felt as you pumped us in last years semis

You’re all welcome

hazzbeen

Bench
What I think you and many other dragons fans need to do is remember the joy you felt as you pumped us in last years semis

You’re all welcome
Yea I do remember , and again I'll say, we were one game off a disaster of a year after leading then losing 7 straight ...... Our Genius of a coach had no idea why and how we won ..... So maybe if you guy's held up to your side of the bargain and won the game as favorites , we might not be in the mess we are now..... Yea I blame you blokes for his coaching extension , great tactics boy's :(

Mickthedragon

Juniors

You’re all welcome
You must be geeing up, surely?
Our imposter of a coach had no idea whatsoever of how or why our slide was happening and if we lose that game and are bundled straight out, he most probably isn't with us anymore.
But now, because your lot didn't turn up and we won that game, they think he can coach. He is surviving completely off that finals series.

18to87

First Grade

You’re all welcome
That has turned out to be a dark day for the club and many of us feared as such as it unfolded. The look on McGregor's face as the side abandoned the gameplan that day showed that they were adlibbing. Let's face it - most sides would have beat the Broncos handily that day.

Whilst I agree in principle, I’m not so sure it mattered. When the ball came away from Graham he was on or very near the 20m line. Xerri caught the ball well behind the 20m line, indicating it probably actually went backward off Graham anyway.

Having said that, we are shit
How about that!

Exactly as explained by Refs boss

jeffdragon

Bench
Whilst I agree in principle, I’m not so sure it mattered. When the ball came away from Graham he was on or very near the 20m line. Xerri caught the ball well behind the 20m line, indicating it probably actually went backward off Graham anyway.

Having said that, we are shit
But you're close to finals.
We're not.
We are shit x100.
We should be no where near the bottom.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
You must be geeing up, surely?
Our imposter of a coach had no idea whatsoever of how or why our slide was happening and if we lose that game and are bundled straight out, he most probably isn't with us anymore.
But now, because your lot didn't turn up and we won that game, they think he can coach. He is surviving completely off that finals series.
I think he'd be here weather we win or not

But you're close to finals.
We're not.
We are shit x100.
We should be no where near the bottom.
Agree mate, that side should be in the 8.

As for the annesley justifying, the video ref replay was played and as they went through it they stated even if graham touched the call it went backwards.

Not that it matters