What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Smirrors

Juniors
I do believe the NRL headquarters wants to see a competition where all teams are performing well. Can't imagine them enjoying the media bashing of one of the teams. But any media is good media i guess,

On that basis i could see them letting Flanagan take over early like parole. But it will be 2021. Still so much of 2020 to get through first, it feels like the year hasn't event started.

since77

Juniors
Rothfield is a gibbering alcoholic wanker who supports our number 1 rival and would love seeing Saints in this situation!! This bloke has been leeching on the nrl for decades, him and his rosy red cheeks. Be a real reporter and do your job properly.

Rothfield last night on nrl 360 was still defending McGregor and saying that the recruitment committee was the real problem. What a joke. Anyone who knows anything knows that the first “review” a few years back on McGregor took recruitment away from him because it was apparently too hard to coach AND be involved in recruitment at the same time.

getsmarty

Immortal
Rothfield last night on nrl 360 was still defending McGregor and saying that the recruitment committee was the real problem. What a joke. Anyone who knows anything knows that the first “review” a few years back on McGregor took recruitment away from him because it was apparently too hard to coach AND be involved in recruitment at the same time.

Correct...deflector's media friends still trying to pass the buck.

St Georgio

Juniors
Rothfield has no Idea or is happy to see the Dragons Rot, I believe is the latter.

BLM01

First Grade
If we're talking about affordability, how much does all the help cost I wonder?
In McGregor's case, cost is relative especially if you draw a line through falling memberships and merchandise sales.
Exactly and his presence of the club now surely is untenable and they have to find a way it’ll cost more in the long run but we knew that some time ago

LINESPEED

Juniors

So Rothfield is also throwing himself under the McFail bus as Looney Tunes plays on!

Surely he should know that once the word “desperate” enters the commentariat’s lexicon it’s game over:

BATTLE OF DESPERATE COACHES: MARY VS. PAY

Next Monday’s match between the Bulldogs and Dragons may descend into a bloody battle royale between embattled coaches Dean Pay and Paul McGregor.

McGregor is under heavy pressure to win his next three games after the Red V capitulated to the Warriors in an embarrassing 18-0 defeat.”

What a simpering pack of fuc/kwits they all are

YoHadrian

Juniors

Mary once tried juggling with one item in each hand. That was also too hard.

matPORTS

Juniors

This is one thing I think I and many others on this forum have never quite been able to swallow.

How does a coach/manager of a top line professional football team, whose (apparent - not so sure in the case of our club) life and death in his/her job depends solely on the results that the team achieves, have either little or even ZERO say in the recruitment, retention & pathways program of their team? No coach in their right mind is ever going to accept that (Mary's mind probably isn't totally right but that is beside the point) !

So Rothfield is also throwing himself under the McFail bus as Looney Tunes plays on!

Surely he should know that once the word “desperate” enters the commentariat’s lexicon it’s game over:

BATTLE OF DESPERATE COACHES: MARY VS. PAY

Next Monday’s match between the Bulldogs and Dragons may descend into a bloody battle royale between embattled coaches Dean Pay and Paul McGregor.

McGregor is under heavy pressure to win his next three games after the Red V capitulated to the Warriors in an embarrassing 18-0 defeat.”

What a simpering pack of fuc/kwits they all are

The essential argument as to the coaching ability was deflected and became a shouting match.

Kenty went on to say he was a good bloke, but that rings hollow when he won’t recognise his failings or take a pay cut to help with his replacement, Kent obviously isn’t up with the pr machine and years of broken promises

You need a lot of skills and abilities to coach at nrl level. It’s a pretty hard job. He’s been given a good go at it and it hasn’t worked out.

I think the board will have to let him go. If he’s retained and the team fails, a lot of sponsors may pull out, membership will go into free fall, players will exit ASAP. The depression around the club will be horrific ( it’s bad enough now).

Good point re media. They are abominable.

Coffs dragon

Bench
So it appears the club can’t afford to pay him out or let alone keep him.
You would have to think the long term saving to terminate the Peanut would be immense.
The savings alone in eliminating season reviews, meditation gurus, culture identifiers, coaching advisors, recruitment managers, pathway controllers....FMD the list is endless!

Get the right coach and he’ll do the lot, that’s what they are paid to do.

You would have to think the long term saving to terminate the Peanut would be immense.
The savings alone in eliminating season reviews, meditation gurus, culture identifiers, coaching advisors, recruitment managers, pathway controllers....FMD the list is endless!

This is an excellent point and one of my main gripes.

There’s been no other coach in the history of the NRL who has done so little with so many resources.

Even a recent premiership winning coach at his beck and call and McGregor can’t even jag an intent to compete, let alone win.

That’s just start of the hundreds of circus performers trailing after McPaycut.

Being dragged along like reluctant prisoners of war.

It humiliating to all concerned.

And him being ungrateful to them by stuffing his already fat wallet is abysmal.

Walk the plank Paul, end the eternal winter.

ffs Mary

Juniors
I was looking at the first few hundred comments in June 2016 in this exact same "Sack Mary" thread. The same fans were sick of Mary back then. If u read the comments they are as negative as they are now. Nothing has changed. Just as pissed off just as fed up.
My god he must have mates high up in Win Corp.
DEAN PAY HAS SAME PRESSURE TO BE SACKED AS MARY.......WTF!!!!!!!! PAY HAS NOT THE TEAM OD SUOERSTARS LIKE WE HAVE. HE HAS RRESERVE GRADE TEAM.
SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY

ffs Mary

Juniors
Lets hope the Dogs can "Bury Mary"
Since they won't sack him let's hope he is buried this weekend.
Maybe we get a $22 Fan in the Stand with a pic of Mary in ordinary clothes. Surely he would look perfect in the grand stand.

matPORTS

Juniors
I was looking at the first few hundred comments in June 2016 in this exact same "Sack Mary" thread. The same fans were sick of Mary back then. If u read the comments they are as negative as they are now. Nothing has changed. Just as pissed off just as fed up.
My god he must have mates high up in Win Corp.
DEAN PAY HAS SAME PRESSURE TO BE SACKED AS MARY.......WTF!!!!!!!! PAY HAS NOT THE TEAM OD SUOERSTARS LIKE WE HAVE. HE HAS RRESERVE GRADE TEAM.
SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY SACK MARY

Looking at history - Dean Pay will still be the first to be shown the door over Mary, even if his team jags a couple of wins in the next few weeks.

matPORTS

Juniors

Another huge frustration among everyone here, without a shadow of a doubt !

We can't keep hiring and firing assistants ! Given the latest round of changes that were made as a result of the last 'review', this surely has to be the last straw ?

This revolving door of changes/movements of support and backroom staff have surely been somewhat of a disruption to the playing group i.e. players who had to rehab from niggles they picked up during last season or having off season surgery, to then have to come back and work with new faces in the medical team (just as one example).

Regardless of how many changes McGuru has wanted to make to his support staff, and new jobs he's wanted to create in order to 'shift responsibility', the point seems lost on hims that as head coach he is still responsible for the overall performance of those support staff.

When he is shown the door (hopefully within this month), I'm sure stories about the rubbish that has gone on during his tenure is going to come out in the wash.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’m confused.

Are we supposed to be chanting or just buying one cutout?

And if we’re chanting, who’s going to hear us?

Maybe have a think about things and come back with a more concrete plan.

Or maybe just post this in the sack Mary thread.

Latest posts