What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Monaghan

Freddo

Juniors
i dont think a sacking is in order just yet. a wake up call like he just needs time to get his head in the right frame of mind but please we need it done quickly. our 3/4 problem isnt too bad. ADAM MOGG stand up and take a bow hes been playing very well the last few weeks hes been very solid all we need is phil to come back and we will be right.

Beware The Dreaded Droparelli
Found Anyware When The Raiders Look Like Scoring oe When The Oppostion Are About To Score

thickos said:
NO NO NO.

Don't paint him out as some kind of Judas either, he was quite teary after the game when we all spoke to him and personally I think he is a confused young man.

What did Monoghan say; confused young man.. too late now. he has made a decision

Paullyboy

Coach
greeneyed said:
So, what did Joel actually have to say?

Robbo had a shocker... but I am not saying he should be dropped. He had some horror bounces etc...

The ball often will bounce the wrong way if you are a soft cock and let it bounce. Geez that was embarrasing having to admit to being a supporter of someone who refuses to catch a bomb on the full like that.

Mal Meninga

Bench
And for someone that's suppose to be a speedster like Robbo, boy did he look 3rd rate on pure speed compared to Roberts?

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Pathetic.

Just because he's leaving, Monoghan is the new whipping boy. Give it a rest.

He played behind a well beaten pack on Saturday night, and it showed. He was not the only player to have a shocker.

So you want to sack Monoghan....to be replaced with Bulgarelli, I assume...? :roll:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Forget the fact he has signed with another club\
Joel has played horrid footy 2 weeks straight, i know how good he can be but for mine he seems un-interested, ill give him 2 more weeks to get his head sorted and his mind on playing out his career at the raiders...

after that if he is still playing rubbish :arrow: REGGIES! :arrow:

jed

First Grade
Welcome back, BTR - I was in the middle of organising a search party. :lol:

Kris_man

Bench
Matty doesnt agree becase he was taught by brian smith,he is the king of not dropping under performing players.

You are kidding aren't you??? Brian Smith loves dropping his best players for no names. 2004: Michael Witt (for the first 12 rounds I think), Adam Dykes, John Morris
2003: Moodie, B. Hodgson
This is one of the reasons i hate Brian Smith's coaching.

And for someone that's suppose to be a speedster like Robbo, boy did he look 3rd rate on pure speed compared to Roberts?

Ditto. I couldn't have said it any better. I think we're forgetting that Robbo was supposed to be FAST! How can we really be surprised that we are losing when we have players like Robertson, Ian Hindmarsh(no offence Hindy) and Gafa, and they have players like Roberts, Puletua and Campbell.

And back to the original topic, sack Monaghan. How many times will I say it before people believe me - he can't defend, because he's too slow off his feet. Guys like Roberts and Lewis, anyone with a bit of pace, can run rings around him. And he's often caught out of position. What I'm saying has nothing whatsoever to do with his deflection to the Roosters next year.

Kris_man

Bench
- I agree with Tokyo Raider that if we're gonna drop someone, we've got to have a good replacement, but I would actually prefer Bulgarelli to Monaghan at the moment.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
This cracks me up!

Two weeks ago everyone was signing petitions to keep Mongohan in Canberra. Now it turns out that "he can't defend, because he's too slow off his feet. ...And he's often caught out of position."

This was our number one retention target?

Make up your mind, guys.

Kris_man

Bench
to Tokyo Raider:
1) Don't blame "everyone" for saying that Monaghan can't defend. I'm the only one who said it.
2) I've been saying that his defence is poor even before he signed with the Roosters. If you don't believe me, check out the rleague debate page under "Karpy". His poor defence might get overlooked because he doesn't miss many tackles, he just lets a lot of speedy players run past him, so technically he won't "miss" a tackle.
3) Regardless of any external factor, can you honestly disagree with what I said, and say that Monaghan is a good defender?