What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sad performance

bluey

Bench
Well imust say that was terrible
ball possesion= terrible
I dont know what has happened to kimmorley kicking game but it is goooone
and while on him i think that he thinks ando is still coaching us with his running to the line and giving the ball to supports with pressure on them.
Dykes would love to get some clean ball so our backs can try and do what we are paying them for.
Mellor i realise a lot of supporters rate him well i did not today.
There really has got to be some changes made in this side if we are to challenge
for the title.
Young scott has got to be given a go, even put aitken in the centres.
One thing is for sure i dont think we can not win with this side if we cant beat a depleated broncs we have no chance.And that pisses me off maybe there is a lot of truth about rapers coaching??(Or lack of it.)

Dorsel

Juniors
Oh yeah....he we go with the normal bloody whingathon.....
Teams coming off the bye historically find the going tough...no matter where they are in the comp. Today was no different for us. The pace of the game was an absolute cracker...we were exhausted in the 2nd half but we never stopped trying against the best team in the comp, regardless of a couple of thier stars missing. However there where stacks of good signs....some crunching defence....great enterprising attack...okay, so the final pass didn't come off and some support play was lacking at times....but so what???...we were were breaking the line..... that's footy.
We'll win next week.

roboshark

Coach
Dorsel said:
Teams coming off the bye historically find the going tough...no matter where they are in the comp. Today was no different for us. The pace of the game was an absolute cracker...we were exhausted in the 2nd half but we never stopped trying against the best team in the comp, regardless of a couple of thier stars missing. However there where stacks of good signs....some crunching defence....great enterprising attack...okay, so the final pass didn't come off and some support play was lacking at times....but so what???...we were were breaking the line..... that's footy.
We'll win next week.

Great- I feel better now

White Poiner

Coach
yeah, sharks played alot like the coyboys this week, to risky. and predicitable. Ie kimmorleys dropouts everyone knew he was gonna kick for the right touch line. f**kin weird game. We looked the goods early. Lucky we got souths next week

2 True Blues

Coach
Great first half. But handling errors let the boys down I think. Was always gonna be tough to keep that pace up after the week off. But thought there were some very good moments, and the Sharks came close to scoring on several occassions but just made some bad ( unlucky ) decisions. ( One occassion comes to mind when they were near the broncos line with the tackle count restarted, only to throw away that opportunity ).

Hope DYKES isnt injured. Hurt his ankle didnt he ???.

Feej

First Grade
No, I'm here most of the time.

I actually thought that even though we lost today, there were a couple of good things in there.

1st half we were very competitive and if a few passes had stuck in the 2nd half it might have been a different game.

bluey

Bench
I can understand that Feej but to me the fact is the y dont stick and it worries me that team harmony could be affected with some selection policies.Why have players and only play them for 20 minutes in a game like that.I have been sitting on the fence with raper and im thinking about falling off

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dorsel said:
We'll win next week.

Not this year Dorsel. There's been 20 byes for 11 wins and 9 losses. Broncos, Eels and Cowboys have all won after byes.

If the pace of the game was a cracker, and it was, why did we have a fresh player kept on the bench till the 62nd minute?

Dorsel

Juniors
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Not this year Dorsel. There's been 20 byes for 11 wins and 9 losses. Broncos, Eels and Cowboys have all won after byes.

Fair enough CJS....so teams have lost 50% of the time after a bye this year........

If the pace of the game was a cracker, and it was, why did we have a fresh player kept on the bench till the 62nd minute?

No idea....though I doubt it would have made much difference if he was brought on earlier....we just ran out of juice..??..
I maintain there were more positives to take out of the game than negs...looking forward to the next few weeks.

Crucial point of game when Dykes thrw ball away after tackle restart 10 metres out from broncs goaline they were struggling then, great opportunity, after that we didnt see much of the 20 metres with the ball

I get a little fed up with all the doomsayers here. The upshot of the game yesterday was that we were beat by a better side in the second half. First half, very even, Sharks had the upper hand, bit of bad luck with their first try (not sure if it was a bad bounce or Peach slipped), some great breaks by Vagana, at least one effort that went back the inside on the last play with an overlap out wide. Unlucky to be down 8-6 at the break.

Second half, different story. Played a lot of catch up football, forcing passes that weren't really on, but we did have a go. It was the dropped ball in our own half, again playing catch up, that really did us in. Didn't often see the footy in their end of the park and we couldn't force an error down their end.

Great defence, only 28 missed tackles (4 of those on Hodges for his try - God, I hate that guy), more line breaks than the ponies and almost twice as many offloads. Completions - dismal, and Noddy's kicking game was off. It's always tough coming off the bye and playing away against the Broncos, doubly so. I'm sure that we'll come good next week against Souths.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Yep, ALOT of doomsayers here. We were beaten by a better side on the day, and realistically, that game could have gone either if only 1 or 2 balls stuck but didnt. Some people are acting as if we were smashed.

Dorsel

Juniors
Eskimo Sharkie said:
I get a little fed up with all the doomsayers here. The upshot of the game yesterday was that we were beat by a better side in the second half. First half, very even, Sharks had the upper hand, bit of bad luck with their first try (not sure if it was a bad bounce or Peach slipped), some great breaks by Vagana, at least one effort that went back the inside on the last play with an overlap out wide. Unlucky to be down 8-6 at the break.

Second half, different story. Played a lot of catch up football, forcing passes that weren't really on, but we did have a go. It was the dropped ball in our own half, again playing catch up, that really did us in. Didn't often see the footy in their end of the park and we couldn't force an error down their end.

Great defence, only 28 missed tackles (4 of those on Hodges for his try - God, I hate that guy), more line breaks than the ponies and almost twice as many offloads. Completions - dismal, and Noddy's kicking game was off. It's always tough coming off the bye and playing away against the Broncos, doubly so. I'm sure that we'll come good next week against Souths.

Good onya Iceman.....history tells us that when this club holds great form through the mid season.....u can guarantee we'll turn to sh*t come finals time....lets drink to a steady build up of form leading into the semi's :))

imasharkie

Coach
Sutho_Sharks said:
Yep, ALOT of doomsayers here. We were beaten by a better side on the day, and realistically, that game could have gone either if only 1 or 2 balls stuck but didnt. Some people are acting as if we were smashed.

hahaha by a virtually reserve grade side. Don't worry Sutho your great super coach will pick the same side again next week and then send them out with the same game plan as the last 17 weeks and hopefully Souths will f**k up and we win a game.

Nullajet

Juniors
I watched the game again tonight and while we were poor at times, there was some excellent ball movement and exciting play. The broncos are one well coached defensive side and it showed again today. They wrap the ball up well and scramble even better. I reckon it was a fair effort off the bye but agree.....if we couldnt beat the broncos without berrigan and locky.....we have plenty to do if we are a real chance of the comp this year!!

Still I hope it all comes along over the last part of the season....would love to send the Peach away with the premiership we didn't get for ET!!!