What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saint Gallop's great achievements in the Centenary season

Brutus

Referee
"Saint" of the week in the Telegraph this Sunday is non other than our fearless leader Mr Gallop.

According to lackey's Bec and Buzz Mr Gallop wins the 'Saint' award "for managing to keep his head above water in yet another year of high drama for rugby league. We reckon his diplomatic skills deserve a medal". From page 56.

Ok with this in mind maybe we should list some of Saint Gallop's great positive moments in 2008. Some of the things that have helped put our great game on the front foot in this all-important Centenary season.

I'll start...

???

gong_eagle

First Grade
Not_Waving_But_Drowning.jpg

TheDalek079

Bench
achievement? does getting angry at SBW for breaching contract and threatening him with bans, whilst allowing channel nein to breach their contract (not breaching a finals match live) count? or most times "i'll look into it" has been said in a season?

P.J.

Juniors
I think Gallop has had an outstanding year......here are his great achievements...

1) Continued inaction about a unified board of the NRL covering all divisions.
2) Video-refs still getting it wrong when they were supposed to fix the problems.
3) SBW making him look like a tool.
4) Referee standards dropping to an all new low level.
5) Organising a World Cup which still hasn't inspired anyone to actually go to it.
6) Still refusing to admit he dudded us all in the "family discount" tv rights with Foxtel.
7) For his assistance in the propaganda that Sydney clubs are struggling when the Melbourne Storm, the team that's made 3 straight Grand Finals have lost close to 10 million in the last two seasons, have no crowds (4th worst) and struggle in the media.
8) Standing by and allowing Melbourne media to boycott the Storm, putting replays on at 1am and blacklisting them from new stories in the paper.

Umm, i'm sure there is more but Gallop is a joke. I wish he'd Gallop out of here.....

TheDalek079

Bench
you've forgotten about him responding to Crowe by pointing out all the negative reasons why we should get a shyte TV deal. where are the positives gallop? 64 out of the top 100 rating shows?

Chook Norris

First Grade
greatest achievement was being able to survive this year

who knows why he hasn't been shot yet:?

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Are there any leaders who are credible with the surname 'Gallop'? We have a Gallop running WA for a few years, I dunno which of the two were best TBH!

Hanscholo

Bench
I noticed Gallop wasnt introduced to the crowd tonight. I guess he is well aware then just how much people hate him.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Supporting the WA Reds launch then backstabbing them by coming out with the no expansion BS!

Having said that he does deserve a medal for managing to keep his job despite the state of the game!

Brutus

Referee
It's funny how News LTD keep trying with the propaganda of trying to make DG seem a tough & competent leader.

Their sad efforts get funnier every time:lol:

Saint Gallop :lol:

bobmar28

Bench
"Saint" of the week in the Telegraph this Sunday is non other than our fearless leader Mr Gallop.

According to lackey's Bec and Buzz Mr Gallop wins the 'Saint' award "for managing to keep his head above water in yet another year of high drama for rugby league. We reckon his diplomatic skills deserve a medal". From page 56.

Ok with this in mind maybe we should list some of Saint Gallop's great positive moments in 2008. Some of the things that have helped put our great game on the front foot in this all-important Centenary season.

I'll start...

???
I think the NYC has been a stunning success, often outrating yawnion.

Last edited: