What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints in 1999

gregstar

Referee
Father Ted said:
Gregstar and others whats your feeling on most of the "experts" tipping us to miss the final eight ?
i agree with them - i think we're pushing sh*t uphill to make the 8.

but i do think we'll be highly competitive though.

G

gorilla

Father Ted said:
Gregstar and others whats your feeling on most of the "experts" tipping us to miss the final eight ?

Luv it.

I reckon we're good for sixth and we'll fight hard in the finals.

Hutty1986

Immortal
gorilla said:
Luv it.

I reckon we're good for sixth and we'll fight hard in the finals.

I still seriously think we're an outside chance of a top 4 spot if Heady can come back well from his injury and Williams stays consistent. We have a very good backline and a good forward pack

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I think our chances are very much underrated.

We've only lost 4 players I would consider crucial to the team: Bails, Baz, Gaz and Head.

Considering we're going to get one of these back, and we've got a stand in of Williams to fill the gaps until Head is fit, I think we're a great chance of the 8. I will agree a bit of pressure is on Head to come straight back into form and help release pressure from Hornby, but if Williams keeps stepping up, we might not be as desperate as first seen.

This Year?

Immortal
'99 was an awesome year and one that holds very fond memories for me. Being at the SFS against the Roosters and at Telstra against the Sharks in the finals were games I'll never forget.
I couldn't get tickets for the GF and was really disappointed because I've never been to a Saints GF before and even though the result was bad, I still would have loved to have been there.

The Preacher

First Grade
I think we're a good chance of finishing top 4. I'm more than happy that "the experts" don't rate us. It's the first time in years that there's little expectation for the Dragons to be in the calculations come September.

Father Ted

First Grade
The Preacher said:
I think we're a good chance of finishing top 4. I'm more than happy that "the experts" don't rate us. It's the first time in years that there's little expectation for the Dragons to be in the calculations come September.

I'm leaning anywhere from 4th to 9th , but I actually prefer us having a few less big name's this year . How are you fellow fossil ?

Southernsaint

Staff member
Father Ted said:
I'm leaning anywhere from 4th to 9th , but I actually prefer us having a few less big name's this year . How are you fellow fossil ?

Agreed - as matt Johns said on the Sunday Roast yesterday, there will be very few competition points between 4th & last on the ladder...

The Preacher

First Grade
Father Ted said:

Still getting older, and crankier. Will have to catch-up after the next Kogarah game.
I couldn't make the leagues club AGM as we had junior trials against Penshurst RSL.
The mighty Revesby Heights did well. :)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints always perform well when not expected to and bad when expected to so we should be minor premiers and premiers this year.

Dragons definately need the Head/Hornby combo in the halves ASAP. Richie went missing on Friday. I totally agree with Gould. Once the Dragons got to 12 they did their best to give Newcastle the lead. Very disapointing but they should hopefully learn from it. Playing Cowboys and Storm in the next 3 weeks is gonna be very interesting.

Losing Woolford for 6 weeks is gonna hurt us but good oportuunity for Kaine to step up.

anthonyc

Juniors
Hey Slippery Morris

I private messaged you a few months ago seeing if you have any DVD's that I could see.

I know you are worried about copyright laws but trust me I am St George through and through and wouldn't do anything to get you in trouble if you could do me this huge favour. I am desperate to watch some of these great tapes and I will not give the tapes to anyone (I live in Penrith and they are all mad Penrith supporters) so know one wants them anyway. If you want you can meet me and see that I am a fair dinkum St George supporter.

gregstar

Referee
anthonyc said:
.......trust me I am St George through and through ......... I am a fair dinkum St George supporter.
prove it.

post a photo of you getting a dragon tattoed onto your scrotum.

Latest posts