What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints V. Cowboys

Sunday's match at Jubilee is going to be a pretty tough affair for the Dragons in my opinion. The Cowboy's will be feeling confident and looking thru their playing staff there are some more than handy players. Hannay, Sing, Williams, Bowman, Morrison, Campion, Buttigieg and Rauhihi are all sound players. I hope Saint's turn up to play as underestimating the Nth. Qld's could be fatal.
Has anyone heard how ticket sales are going????. Probably another wet wénd, but I expect 15,000 in the ground at kick off.

Common you Red and White Wizards.

All Saints fans make the trip - show the club why we should have equal home games as gong and that we attract bigger crowds - will help come time to decide where to play home semi if we get one and lets show support tosaints and remain undeefeated at Oki Jubilee Stadium

All League fans come and see the most famous ground in the world!

imported_midas

Juniors
This will be a good test for supporters.All the hype and hoopla of the first game has come and gone and you will only get a fraction of the publicity.
Add to that the fact that you are playing a team with very few travelling supporters (who can afford it ?)and I think you should be satisfied ith 12-13,000 .If you can maintain that figure for the next 4 games the move will have been a success.
benny-what an imagination !The most famous ground in the world !How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I got some of the last tickets for the lower concourse. By now all the seating will be sold with only the general admission still available.

midas, it'll be close to a sellout again.

benny, I'm willing to callJubilee the most famous ground in the world as well champ. :)
The MCG, Lords, Yankee Stadium and the Colloseum are mere playgrounds in comparison. :D

imported_midas

Juniors
If you get a sellout again it will be a terrific result.However last time there was an incredible amount of publicity,you were playing your next-door neighbours and there were still tickets unsold until the weekend.
If you can get a sellout against a team with no (or very few)travelling supporters,it will be a remarkable effort.

imported_midas

Juniors
Benny
Sorry for doubting you.Now that willow has echoed your sentiments ,I realise that if you were walking down Fifth Avenue and asked your average New Yorker what is the most famous sporting arena in the world (or the known universe for that matter) he/she would immediately respond "Oki Jubilee Stadium"
Why I couldn,t see this at first is beyond me.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We'll have to wait and see midas but I got the impression that most people didnt think they'd get into the first R2K game. Sometimes these things work against the promotion. I heardfroma number of people saying that they'd save themselves for the Cowboys match when the ground was properly finished and dry. Some parts were still under construction andthe rain was pissing down all week... only stopping for the game it seemed.
There's a lot of ifs and buts I know and we'll just have to see. But I'm expecting a healthy turnout.

imported_midas

Juniors
Well at least you won,t have any competition.
The NRL with it,s customary stupidity has scheduled three games in the western suburbs for Saturday-Homebush,Parramatta and Penrith and only the Kogarah game on Sunday.
Parra v.Rabbits-better book early.

You are the voice of reason lord Willow. I also had conversations with Dragon's from west of the Divide who said they would be turning up for the Cowboy's game given the high exposure of the Shark's match.
I've got a full tank of fuel, half a packet of cigarette's, its dark and I'm wearing sunglasses, Jubilee here we come.

Saints Record at Oki Jubilee Stadium - 100% :)

I mean we had a good record at Kogarah's Jubilee Stadium :D

But under a name of a ground find me any team with a 100% record ;)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
<span>Dragons team to play the Cowboys – no changes from last week.
Nathan Blacklock has been named again in the Premier League side.
Coach: Nathan Brown
1. Ben HORNBY
2. Amos ROBERTS
3. Chris NERO
4. Matt COOPER
5. Hassan SALEH
6. Dean BYRNE
7. Brett FIRMAN
8. Luke BAILEY
9. Mark RIDDELL
10. Jason RYLES
11. Brent KITE
12. Lance THOMPSON (c)
13. Shaun TIMMINS
Res:
14. Ian DONNELLY
15. John CROSS
16. Dean YOUNG
17. Damien BOWER
18. Henry PERENARA
ONE TO BE OMITTED</span>

Buddley2003

Juniors
Was it a case of simply not turning up on the dayor do we just lack the cohesion and intensity to make an impact this year?
And does anybody know why Pig was only used for 24min, was he injured?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
From where I was sitting, he looked like was having trouble with his back. He came back on in the 2nd half.
I don't know what this talk of being hooked is. Maybe he was but I didnt think so.

Latest posts