What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary Cap Exemptions

Dragon David

First Grade
NSW Chief Executive of the NRL, Andrew Abdo has indicated that the ARL Commisssion could give the green light to grant salary cap exemptions to clubs who recruit from rival codes. This is based on the Roosters endeavours to lure a Wallabies player to replace of Suaalii. The Roosters I am sure will get this exemption. They know how to go about these things. If they want something they go and get it by hook or by good governance.

steerlerbab

Juniors
NSW Chief Executive of the NRL, Andrew Abdo has indicated that the ARL Commisssion could give the green light to grant salary cap exemptions to clubs who recruit from rival codes. This is based on the Roosters endeavours to lure a Wallabies player to replace of Suaalii. The Roosters I am sure will get this exemption. They know how to go about these things. If they want something they go and get it by hook or by good governance.

Another Rooster Sombrero!

jak

Bench

sorry dave you have it wrong, the roosters as a club have had a salary cap exemption for years.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
In fairness the NRL mentioned this 6 months ago that they would be looking to do this (salary cap exemption), if some teams are more proactive it aint their fault.

Dragon David

First Grade
In fairness the NRL mentioned this 6 months ago that they would be looking to do this (salary cap exemption), if some teams are more proactive it aint their fault.
Well I guess I'm 6 months behind in creating this Thread but is has only just been confirmed by Abdo the other day. Oh well news travels slowly in my household. Is it fair to say that the Dragons have been tardy and not being pro-active like some of the other clubs? That wouldn't be surprising.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Well I guess I'm 6 months behind in creating this Thread but is has only just been confirmed by Abdo the other day. Oh well news travels slowly in my household. Is it fair to say that the Dragons have been tardy and not being pro-active like some of the other clubs? That wouldn't be surprising.
Here you go, this is from April

"On Sunday, ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys upped the ante in the war of words between the two codes when he revealed the NRL was considering introducing salary cap exceptions.

The change would allow NRL clubs to target Wallabies stars, with V'landys clearly frustrated by Rugby Australia's aggressive recruitment strategy
."

Dragon David

First Grade
Here you go, this is from April

"On Sunday, ARL Commission chairman Peter V’landys upped the ante in the war of words between the two codes when he revealed the NRL was considering introducing salary cap exceptions.

The change would allow NRL clubs to target Wallabies stars, with V'landys clearly frustrated by Rugby Australia's aggressive recruitment strategy
."

Good one Ayios, thanks. I guess we wait to see if the Roosters do in fact get that Wallabies guy and see how much they pay for him.