What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary Cap for 2009

Twigg

Juniors
I was reading the Daily Terrorgraph and the SMH this morning and both claim the Broncos are $300k over the salary cap thanks to the Folau signing. We may lose Boyd, Ennis and Hannant in the process.

Now I know the media is full of sh*t (and that Sydney media hate us) so this may be 50-50. But if we have to squeeze players out who would you get rid of?

JW

Coach
Nah, nothing to take any notice of at all. I actually didn't even give it another thought till I read this thread.

Beccy doesn't have access to ours or anyone elses books, so its just another couple of paragraphs to fill her gossip column. All clubs will feature on this issue on her pages before the years out, even Souths, lol.

If the papers were going to make a cap claim mildy believable (even though they have no idea of anyone's cap situation), they would've stated that such and such a club is coming close to their cap limit, rather than 300K over. But it is the papers, of course.

Regarding Folau, his payments in the first two seasons aren't going to be all that much. We'll be losing TC at the end of this year and Lockyer soon after. Not hard to figure out where Isreal's coin is coming from.

Looking forward to Chewbecca's next installment...

Billigan

Juniors
i hope its bullsh*t i dont want to see any more players have to leave because of the f**ken stupid salary cap

JW

Coach
Ennis has been told he's not wanted, so unless he wants to stay for peanuts any Sydney club wanting his signature bad enough will get him.

Hannant however is unlikely, bordering on next to no chance, to be leaving SEQ.