What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salary CRPA-MOYLAN AND ROBINSON TO PLAY FOR WINDSOR

darkbloom

Juniors
The rules may be silly but they are well known by clubs before the season kicks off. Clubs endorse the rules and even if some clubs disagree with those rules, they all agree to abide by them.

If this is seen as such a big problem for the game why was it not dealt with before the season started - or last season or the season before.

The answer is that it was not seen as a problem. And most likely most people - probably including our leader - saw reasons for having the rule.

So, we are blaming the NRL for us having this problem. I have even heard one of Gus's emissaries say that it is a problem originating with Matt Elliott.

Hello?

Pomoz

Bench
Couldn't Panthers just sack Wes and Geoff? Then play Matty and Travis? I'm being serious.
That would be a breach of contract. A court would enforce it and the Panthers would still have to pay out. That would then leave us back where we started.

meek

Juniors
Oh NOOOOOOOO
IF Whare goes back to fullback and Wes is in the centers and No Robinson or Grant
I smell A Tigers victory
Why do they have to bring up those two - surely they could look at other players

Anything BUT WES and 500 goes at first-grade Daniella

That would be a breach of contract. A court would enforce it and the Panthers would still have to pay out. That would then leave us back where we started.

By that a court would also rule in favour over restraint of trade if say Moylan takes legal action vs. NRL. Either way the Panthers have to do something, in contention of playing finals footy this season and to have it taken away because of this BS is criminal on fans and players alike. Meanwhile other teams can buy 4-5 players all on $450k+ a season yet their books are "clean".

Big Mick

Referee
The rules may be silly but they are well known by clubs before the season kicks off. Clubs endorse the rules and even if some clubs disagree with those rules, they all agree to abide by them.

If this is seen as such a big problem for the game why was it not dealt with before the season started - or last season or the season before.

The answer is that it was not seen as a problem. And most likely most people - probably including our leader - saw reasons for having the rule.

So, we are blaming the NRL for us having this problem. I have even heard one of Gus's emissaries say that it is a problem originating with Matt Elliott.

Hello?

Gus has been slamming this rule for some time. I remember an article even 3 years ago saying this rule was ridiculous, and another last year and another in pre-season this year.

Problem is the NRL doesn't listen and the RLPA were too stupid to rectify it in their CBA.

NRL need to fix this ASAP because this is bullshit.

Randy81

Juniors

I don't think it would leave us in the same position mate. The $ problem is with the 2nd tier not the 1st tier. Hence we just need to get him a spot in the top 25. I believe that if we paid someone out ( like ciraldo) then yes we lose that money but we can use the other cap space in 1st tier to pay moylan. Solved

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Gus has been slamming this rule for some time. I remember an article even 3 years ago saying this rule was ridiculous, and another last year and another in pre-season this year.

Problem is the NRL doesn't listen and the RLPA were too stupid to rectify it in their CBA.

NRL need to fix this ASAP because this is bullshit.

Please the RLPA did this on purpose they push for measures like this.
They act like the care about everybody but in reality they are just like any other union - job protection.

Clubs should of complained when agreeing to the salary cap.- Do you know who is to blame for this cap? Not the NRL, its the players union. They basically want barriers to entry or restriction of trade. Like other sports unions they want to make it as hard as possible for clubs to simply replace them.

They also increase the min wage for players on trial - which basically deters clubs for putting players on trial for the off-season (and potentially replacing them).

franklin2323

Immortal
My issue is we have 5 out long term. Latimore & Coote since round 2. Humble Season. McKendry god knows when.

I can't think of a sport where you can't have injury replacement either outside quotas or cap. Same should apply. The injuries we have are clear long term.

Yet we can't pick a team to try & cover for them.

Big Mick

Referee
In the AFL you are allowed to replace a long term injured player without penalty.

With us however, we are a second rate competition in comparison.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Mansour, Ciraldo and Cartwright in.

Ciraldo sadly is our next best available prop...He has overshadowed Areaiiti and O'Donnell.

How long does this affect moylan and Robinson ? The rest of the season ?

If so , that severely restricts their development.

franklin2323

Immortal
In the AFL you are allowed to replace a long term injured player without penalty.

With us however, we are a second rate competition in comparison.

Yeah even A league. NHL you need to have 80 at all times.

When we lost Latimore & Coote early on we were always in trouble.

Don't see why a player can't come in even on min wage for these types. Beale & Galloway should be able to be replaced easy

How come Tigers don't have these issues?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Mick that is not what is happening. It is what I would do.

Robinson has been cleared to play but not Moylan. 1.Robinson 2.Mansour