What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Salford City Wombats

MusvWar001.jpg

Went to a local game today in which the Warialda Wombats wore a familiar Super League kit in the absence of their new season jerseys. Seems is cheaper to buy authentic SL jerseys for a whole team than it is to buy a spare set of training jerseys.
Only difference between the Wombats and Salford is they won. (Could have also made a joke about there being less Aussies in the Warialda side, but Salford don't deserve that. Wigan on the other hand...)

jed

First Grade
East Coast Tiger said:
Only difference between the Wombats and Salford is they won.
Wrong :lol:

At a guess, someone from the Wombats picked up the jerseys at the end of last year - Peter Wynn's were throwing out all their 2006 SL jerseys for $29, and I'm sure ISC would have been making similar offers to get rid of their excess stock (which were all made in Australia anyway).

JasonE

Bench
Yeah i went to but a Salford jersey from Wynne's and they were all sold out, after the first day.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I think the Wombats game would probably have been more entertaining than tonight's shocker.

jed

First Grade
So far, the Red's win is the only game I've tipped correct :p glad they won

Blake Dean

Juniors
Philby said:
I think you will find if Warialda r having there jumpers made by ISC that ISC would have supplied them while there new jumpers were being made. West belconnen did the same thing. They wore Wakefield jumpers in their last trial
http://www.warriorsact.org/TrialMatch17_02_07/p2170034.jpg

I'm waiting for the launch of the Pendlebury Warrigals. It's surprising the wildlife (without hoods) you find in the Irwell Valley. :oops:

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Blake Dean said:
I'm waiting for the launch of the Pendlebury Warrigals. It's surprising the wildlife (without hoods) you find in the Irwell Valley. :oops:

I think most of the wildflife wear beanies and live around Ordsall and Lower Broughton dont they? :crazy: :D