What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sami the quickest in the world?

Craig

Juniors
Apprantly Mohammad Sami has bowled a ball against India to Rahul Dravid at 101.9 mph! :? :shock: :eek:

This is in the ODI going on now. I dont know how true this is or how dodgy the speed radar is.

But two things is for sure a) he is very quick b) his action is legal so nobody cant call him a chucker.

THE KEGG

Juniors
Sami has got 1/71 in this game (India made 244 - 50 overs)
Has promise, but is erratic

Shoab Ahktar has matured in recent times, still pacy , but harder to get runs off

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
At 1 for 71 it don't matter how fast he bowls, if those are his figures.

THE KEGG

Juniors
wouldnt go that far,

Lee was devastating at the world cup, shoaib ??

Lee coming back from injury struggled, everyone could see that, but he did come back well late in the summer and destroyed India in the ODI's and finals.

Id say both on their day are devastating, lets see how their careers end up in a few years time

Anonymous

Juniors
Mohammad Sami has bowled some lethal spells in a short career.

If he can mature along with Aktar Pakistan is one bowling attack you won't want to be facing.

Craig

Juniors
They are always like that. They probably produce more talented youngsters then in any other country (including Australia).

Unfortunatly they have idiots as adminstrators.

Anonymous

Juniors
Apparently whoever is in charge of the radar has admitted it was faulty.

Having said that, Sami is capable of bowling up to 155kph in the right conditions (for some reason speeds register faster in the subcontinent and West Indies???), but I just can't see him at 160+.

ozbash

Referee
sami bowled very well when pakistan was here (nz) this summer, he,s only a young fella and has the world at his fingertips.

chinorocks

Juniors
From what i've seen of him he is quite fast but probably on the next teer of pace below Aktah and Lee. What gets me is how he bowls so fast when he is so short. Must be hard to produce that much pace with such a small frame.

JJ

Immortal
Lee, Shoaib, and Sami are all average at best. Their records are ordinary, they are often very poor and very expensive. Occasionally they have withering spells, but these aren't terribly frequent - give me McGrath, Pollock, Gillespie any day. If you want pace, then Shane Bond is twice the bowler that Lee, Shoaib, or Sami are

shiznit

Coach
yeah i agree with JJ,
although im a kiwi, i think bond is the best of the 'real quicks'.
hes not as fast as lee and ahktar but i think hes fast enough to cause problems and miles more acurate than the other's.

Anonymous

Juniors
Shoaib is pretty awesome, how can you hate on him. Bond hasn't done enough yet. Probably never will cos he's old and injury prone. He's had his 15 minutes.

THE KEGG

Juniors
shoaib has an impressive strike rate and average, so has bond
i guess the two things you look at when comparing fast bowlers
although shoaib has played 29 tests, bond 10

Lee and Sami figures are quite poor to be honest #-o

JJ

Immortal
Thierry Henry said:
Shoaib is pretty awesome, how can you hate on him. Bond hasn't done enough yet. Probably never will cos he's old and injury prone. He's had his 15 minutes.

Don't worry about Bond mate - he's all class if his body can hold out