What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Samoa 24 man Squad Announced

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
is this albert talipeau good, all i know about him is that he plays hooker for souths logans magpies in the qld cup.
i thought that these players should have been selected:

reni maitua, sonny fai, ben matulino, chase stanley, masada iosefa, terrence seu seu, junior sau, patrick ah van/malo solomona.

tonga had a pretty decent side with jennings, tupou, williams, the paeas, mateo etc.

Matiua - injured.

Fai, Matulino, Stanley, Iosefa and perhaps Sau - could all be holding out for the kiwis.

Regardless the squad is not a strong as it could be.

Lox

Juniors
now i think that those that i mentioned who didn't get chosen weren't selected because John Akland doesn't see them playing for samoa because they are huge contenders for the Kiwis next year.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
I have heard Chase Stanley has been brought in to the NZ Maori team – as a replacement for Anthony Cherrington who isnt fully fit – with Stanley going into the centre and Wairangi moving into the backrow.

Chase Stanley is the likely replacement for Steve Matai, if he has to drop out later this week. Perhaps the Kiwis have him on standby and that's why he's not in the Samoan team?

Hows this for a team:
1.Tony
2.Utai
3.Sau
4.N.Vagana
5.Meli
6.Stanley
7.Roberts
8.Paleasina
9.Faiumu
10.J.Vagana
11.T.Puleatua
12.Lauitiiti
13.Solomona
14.Masada 15.Te'o 16.Setu 17.F.Puleatua

bender

Juniors
Samoa finished 3rd in the PI qualifiers and had to qualify through the repercharge, basically because they pick weak teams for some reason.
I have a feeling politics plays a big part in Samoa selection.

I think they seem to have stuck to players that have committed to the long term Samoa cause. Two domestics will give the locals something to aim for, without weakening the side at all, so the mission is accomplished there. All they need now is a decent international program and funding and they should be okay.

It is quite interesting though, watching many of the "credibility" fans complain because the side isnt strong enough. I think Tonga will get through, but both Samoa and Ireland are capable of upsetting them. This is going to be an awesome world cup.

Latest posts