What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow staying at Souths

he used us people, it was clear for the last week that he was using us, played us and souths like deck of cards. Souths have now paid overs for him as well.

Jimmy Smooth

Juniors
From his perspective, wasnt he on 50k only? Cant blame the bloke for busting his boiler and wanting a little more

100K-115K, he was on 50K for the two years he didn't play, third year team option for a larger sum.2

Get your facts straight please. We did not cut Ross. He signed a contract for this year with an option (in his favour) for next year. The deadline for exercising that option was April 30. That deadline came and went and he failed to exercise the option. We have since told him that there won't be room for him next year because we're throwing that money at Sandow.

It's unfair to blame us when we did nothing wrong here. I genuinely like Ben Ross as a person and respect him for everything he's been through, but to be fair he has noone to blame but himself.

He didn't exercise the option thinking he'd get a new extension worth more, we told him we're not interested immediatley so he has the maximum amount of time to find a club elsewhere for next year.

When the choice is between an emerging star halfback, or an aging prop, the answer is obvious and any club in the comp would have made the same decision.

You take the risk as a player, you gotta be prepared it might not work out...best of luck to him though.

Yeah. The most condescending racist shit I've ever seen.

That and Rusty's 'aboriginal community' bullshit he spun to Sandow.

If you have ever been to Redfern, a fair amount of people that turn up to watch Souths train are of Aboriginal Descent. Major drawcard for Aboriginal players.

SDM

First Grade
100K-115K, he was on 50K for the two years he didn't play, third year team option for a larger sum.2

You take the risk as a player, you gotta be prepared it might not work out...best of luck to him though.

If you have ever been to Redfern, a fair amount of people that turn up to watch Souths train are of Aboriginal Descent. Major drawcard for Aboriginal players.

Do they pay to watch? Who gives a shit.

ccr

so will i....its all still speculation, nothing official

and Bunnies Man, fair enough, you're right, i shouldn't jump to conclusions and i should get my facts straight....you're right, Ben Ross + his Manager both forgot to excerise an option for next year that was going to give him guaranteed money for at least another season, right at the same time that his club is doing everything it can to sign their halfback....

all this from a guy who could not be walking again, let alone playing footy again with every tackle he makes or gets hit with................................
so he's just going to throw away good money because he + his Manager forgot.....;-)

Ben Ross & his manager didn't "forget", that is implying something decietful is going on with souths and the cap which should be considered when posting on a public forum without evidence.

They are trying to hold out for more money like any other player should have done in his situation rather than sign for the smaller amount.

Perhaps eels could snare Ben for a couple of seasons, he is playing alright.

ccr

Do they pay to watch? Who gives a shit.

Everyone 'pays' in one way or another, be it going to the games, watching it on foxtel or ch9 (who fund the nrl tv rights). So wether they pay to watch them to play like you insinuated or not is irrelevant as more people watch NRL on tv than those who watch it live at the venue.

Aslong as people support NRL over the other codes its relevant and we should 'give a shit', we need everyone of them we can get.

Gronk

Staff member
LOL. This is from James Hooper from the Tele
Morocco_normal.jpg

jimmyhooper James Hooper

Hearing Eels have upped Chris Sandow's offer to $500K a season ... Decision on Bunnies or blue and golds this arvo

born an eel

Bench
maybe we are just trying to up what souths have to pay, if he excepts we should change our minds after they sign somebody else. :lol:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Wonder if someone is filming Rusty during this negotiating process?
Will be epic - an academy award in the offering I'd say!
Doco Reality television at its best.
Put the Osbournes to shame.

images

zipzip man

Juniors
Giving Haye more early ball and playing him at 5/8 wouldn't hurt would it? I think we're all forgetting 2 years ago and some patches of last year he was the best player in the world... what happened? sure we can tap into that again?

BunniesMan

Immortal
500k a year... gee if that's true maybe Rothfield with his "$2m" number he threw out there was right for once. We struggled to match 333k a year, if it's true that 500k has been offered he will be an Eel. Can't help but think it's paying too much. But who knows, I guess we'll find out shortly.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
if he is only going on the cap for $350-$400k and the other $100-$150k is supplemented by 3rd party deals then i am all for it

still dont think it is accurate or will happen though

Latest posts