What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Santa has delivered us an early Xmas present

Diesel

Referee
All we been now is Weirdler to be on holiday too and then no more BS scoops for the Christmas break

butchmcdick

Immortal
Been reading Buzz and Billy Birmingham's twitter exchanges and it seems Buzz is off Billy's xmas card list.

Led_Halen

Juniors
1265308261_fake-wrestling.gif

Charlie124

First Grade
I honestly clicked this thread hoping to see that SBW had done his ACL or skipped town in the night again. This news is ok too, I spose.

Diesel

Referee
I don't have Twitter so I can't see the comments but I'm guessing there are some good ones in there

BuffaloRules

Coach
Sensitive Slothfield forced to defend his latest drivel....

http://www.dailylife.com.au/sport/horseracing/the-real-sportswomen-of-the-year-20121223-2btpo.html

While Rothfield maintains the column is a "light hearted" review of the year in sport, the decision to snub a human being for the award has been mocked on social media as sexist and an insult to many female athletes, especially Pearson, whose win in London was roundly considered a highlight of the games.

Channel Seven AFL commentator Tom Harley tweeted it was "plain offensive to all the inspirational sportswomen of Australia".
Comedian Wil Anderson was one of hundreds of people to tweet their disgust, saying: "If a horse can win Sportswoman Of The Year then surely a man can now marry a horse? Oh no, Cory Bernardi was right..."

Rothfield defended the award and responded to the online backlash by telling critics to "pull your head in".
"Caviar is a girl and new Phar Lap. She stopped a nation."

It wasn't enough to stop the criticism, with "tele", "Black Caviar" and "sportswoman" trending on Twitter.

Fellow News Limited sports journalist Mark Robinson condemned the so-called award, calling it "utterly embarrassing".

Danish

Referee
Honestly why does anyone read his stuff?

I can't think of anything I'd be more embarrassed to admit to

hardbaby

Coach
I prefer not to agree with him normally but it does all seem a bit precious. Black Caviar is deserving winner.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Really??... BC winning a race in the UK is more deserving than Sally Pearson winning first Olympic Track Gold since Cathy Freeman?