What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sattler And Fitzhenry in DOUBT

Famous1

Juniors
Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens has concerns over lock Scott Sattler (hamstring) and winger Daniel Fitzhenry (foot). He hasn't named any stand-by players. The Dragons, who are yet to drop two players from their bench, yesterday re-signed halfback Mathew Head and interchange forward Justin Poore for two years each. Chief executive Peter Doust said he hoped to have negotiations "finalised" next week with Jason Ryles, Brent Kite and Mark Riddell.

FROM SMH

Eddie.

Bench
I doubt Pat will get the early call up, Is covell fit??, otherwise where in trouble there

For Sattler give Fulton the start at lock and bring in Small from Balmain,might even have to go with Graham although i think we all know he is past it.

Famous1

Juniors
Eddie. said:
I doubt Pat will get the early call up, Is covell fit??, otherwise where in trouble there

For Sattler give Fulton the start at lock and bring in Small from Balmain,might even have to go with Graham although i think we all know he is past it.
Graham is a lock, not a backrower........ he could be what we need, but id certainly still keep fulton in the side, or move wilson to lock and Graham to 5/8. He has a nice short kicking game

tiger78

Juniors
Graham is not past it, he just wasn't fitting into our game in the second row. We had too many ball players not enough forward momentom with O'neill Graham and sattler. But put him behind Laffranchi and Heihnington and he will go alright.

Vicious

Bench
Put Dean Collis on the wing.He is too talented to keep over looking.I know his preferred position is centre,but what quality centre can`t handle playing on the wing?As for a lock replacement,i`m sure my old favourite "Buckets" could play after sitting out for 2 weeks with a broken nose!Personally i`d go for either Wests Nigel Plum or the Tigers Jamie Small.I also think Nick Graham could do the job as a lock upposed to playing in the second row.Still I reckon the Dragons game will be very physical,the perfect scenario to blood Jamie Small and see once and for all if he`s got what it takes in the big time!!!

HappyTiger

Juniors
Vicious said:
Put Dean Collis on the wing.He is too talented to keep over looking.I know his preferred position is centre,but what quality centre can`t handle playing on the wing?!!!

Theres a name i hadnt considered.Not a bad idea either.Id like to see that.Beuttner would be another possibility if Wilson goes to lock.

Palms

Juniors
I think Sheens' thinking with not playing these two against the dragons is that the dragons have a big pack and get alot of go forward and momentum and having 2 smaller players on the field would make it tougher in defence for the tigers

Vicious

Bench
Palms said:
I think Sheens' thinking with not playing these two against the dragons is that the dragons have a big pack and get alot of go forward and momentum and having 2 smaller players on the field would make it tougher in defence for the tigers
Yeah,exactly.It wouldn`t be a bad idea to put Kerr on the bench though.Especially considering Prince has a couple of niggling injuries!

Palms

Juniors
yeh i agree..he is a far better organisational player which is wat we need later in the game

tiger_nick

Bench
Palms said:
yeh i agree..he is a far better organisational player which is wat we need later in the game

Plus its against hes old club and usually players fire for those games!!

simon says

First Grade
I dont think Sheens is going to move our 6 to bring in Kerr,because our winger is injured???.He has picked Wilson there for a reason.....to mark Barrett,we need a strong defender on him on whitelegs fits the build.

Maybe Liam at lock and bring Patty up early I reckon.But moving Wilson is a no brainer IMHO.....

tigerstu

Juniors
Richards is playing for Wests today at Parra stadium... will be interesting to see how well he goes. If he has a blinder might be a late call up for tomorrow... very doubtful, but you never know. I have been really impressed with Fitzy this year, but not happy with him on the wing.

Should be a huge crowd at Kograh tomorrow... whats the ceowd capacity there? 20,000?

Tigerpete

Juniors
I dont think Sheeens is liekly to tinker too much if there were changes. Would've been straight swaps, winger for a winger and so on.

Latest posts