What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saturday 25/3

2 True Blues

Coach
Sorry about that NBB. I will bring it on the weekend and make sure it takes it's rightful place back on the Hill at Henson. Was a bit tired last weekend as was awake most of the night.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Top stuff 2TB, as Big Kev used to say, I'm excited!!! May the Hill Mob stave off the Federal Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Bad news NBB. Not gonna put the banner up today now as forgot I am heading straight from the game to Canberra. And I want to make a quick exit straight after the game rather than bum around. But it will be up for the next home game mate.

Gonna be a big game today against Raiders. Think the Jets only lost one game last season at henson and we have started the season retaining the home ground record well, however today will really test that home ground record and also test where we are as a team.

GO THE MIGHTY BLUEBAGS........

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
no worries 2TB, best news is we nailed the Quenbeyan raiders in fine style, Jets urged on by a vocal hill crowd! like to see our placing on the ladder after this one!,,,,lookin good!

JF_Henson_Hill

Juniors
newtownbluebags said:
no worries 2TB, best news is we nailed the Quenbeyan raiders in fine style, Jets urged on by a vocal hill crowd! like to see our placing on the ladder after this one!,,,,lookin good!

Who the hell is that old Heckler who never stops barracking & yelling out at the ref touch judges and opposition. He always brings everyone to a chuckle with his banter & antics.

One thing that I think we should develop on the hill is to all sing the club song in unison after a win. Maybe hand out flyers with the words (Choopies & I are nearly there learning it :oops: ). Or have it in the club match 'programme'.

I know I'm from an AFL background where singing your club song is virtually second nature. But I can't see why this can't be a part of the Newtown post match ritual at Henson on the hill.

Was an awesome match. Great attacking rugby league & some highly audacious tries from both sides.

JF

Glory and Fame

Juniors
I enjoyed the game today. I don't get to many games because of my other sporting commitments, but was up on the hill today (I'm the fat bastard who was wearing the Essendon polo shirt and maroon cricket cap). Very entertaining game between a couple of teams not afraid to have a go and throw the ball around. And it's always great to watch a game standing on the hill with a sausage sandwich and a can of beer.

Anyway, I had my digital camera at the game today, so here's some of my pics. Enjoy!!!

13 men all dressed in blue, look out cause they're coming through
P3250001.jpg

Newtown scores
P3250004.jpg

Lining up a conversion
P3250008.jpg

From the western side, looking towards the hill
P3250016.jpg

Canberra play the ball
P3250019.jpg

Glory and Fame

Juniors
Newtown look to stop another Canberra raid
P3250024.jpg

Is there a pot of gold out there?
P3250027.jpg

Looking to the media box and the King George V Memorial Grandstand
P3250028.jpg

Game set and match Newtown
P3250030.jpg

Jeffles

Bench
I second it.

As for the club song, if you guy say nice things about The Jet Base Rag editor, he may put it in the next edition.

NBB, if it was a blue Val with a white roof and the 2 door model, it most definately was mine.

How did you enjoy today? I had a great time! Well worth the drive down from Newcastle.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
testeagles said:
just wondering why are the crowds down on last year??? they look really small compared to last yrs crowds?

All the trendy's have become fair weather soccer supporters ie Mockeroo's...they'll be back when they realise the errors of their code choice!
The recent sellout soccer final should be a real wake up call to the NRL/NSWRL etc....
As uncle John said -

Jeffles

Bench
Canberra don't bring many people, the weather has been a bit ominous (let's face it, there's no hiding from the rain) and the kick off time was unusual.

I'll reserve my judgment for the next game.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Henson Park in the rain is a glorious place, on top of the hill with the elements in your face and the wind blowing in across the burbs! nothing beats it.