What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saturday 30th July 2005 - Forum Controversy Day - Some more input

Frenzy.

Post Whore
D Peachey - treated like sh*t and dumped.
P Campbell - treated like sh*t and dumped.
R Prince - treated like sh*t and dumped.
N Merritt - treated like sh*t and dumped.

Take it where you want to.

i get what you're alluding too capt, but given that we can also include the likes of treister, juice, zeus, dumas and others of the same ilk an on that same list i don't think we can reasonably read too much into it without further knowledge.

pot-stirrer ! :lol:

McLovin

Staff member
D Treister - treated like sh*t and dumped.
N Graham - treated like sh*t and dumped.

5harkies

Juniors
Yeh but Gramham was only dumped by that idiot that goes by the name Anderson. That was completely the boards fault. Capt I'm not sure if your alluding to a race problem or how bad we are at keeping big name stars like Peachey and Presto.

Dread

Juniors
Its easy to make it look like a pattern when you're only looking at a small sample of the whole picture.

Dread

Juniors
Let's look at this objectively...

David Peachey - Presumably offered a handshake deal which was reneged. Cut by the club as a business decision. Will be given a send-off by the club, it is presumed.

Preston Campbell - Was promised first crack at halfback, which didn't happen. However, he was still given a first grade spot, at the expense of Treister, and his griping, unhappiness and generally poor form saw him slide out of first grade before being picked up by Penrith.

Ronald Prince - A fringe first grader at best, who never really showed much talent in his time in the top grade. Signed by Parramatta, where he showed the same level of talent and spent most of his time in reserve grade.

Nathan Merritt - Given a fair crack at first grade in his first year, but couldn't knock Simmons or Covell out of their place despite excellent form in reserve grade. Eventually gets a go, but then signs with Souths.

So obviously not all roses. But then those that were ignores...

Dean Treister - Has a disagreement with his coach; is then publicly humiliated, dropped and then sacked by the club. The send off for a player with immense passion for the club is in reserve grade.

Nick Graham - Similar story.

Paul Mellor - Run in with a trainer who wants him to play on an injury. Heaped with the blame for a loss in the semis and sent packing to England.

There are probably more instances like these too. Its just important to note that the club will happily screw both Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal players alike.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Too many assumptions. It's like a disease here. I have simply posted 4 names and you lot have done the rest, not me.

It was actually because of the religion discussion that I wrote 4 names.

SOL - I didn't allude to anything. Just posted 4 names.

millersnose - are the names I posted not white players? Of course white players get dumped.

DJDL - what bow? WHat did I say. I think you're drawing the bow for me :) Naughty.

5harkies - as per SOL. I made no comment. Just 4 names and a line "take it where you want to"

The Popper - cop what?

Dread - did you see a pattern?

So the thing is this. I post 4 names and say take it where you want to and you all assume I am alluding to something. How? I made no qualifying statement or comment. I offered no opinion.

If I had put 4 of the other names down would you all of assumed I was alluding to some problem with whites? Doubtful, isn't it.

You know why don't you? Because like it or not the path you, the respondents, have taken is foremost in your minds. Why is that?

And just to be courteous to Dread who actually thought out a reply.

Treister - did his share of abusing people in public - the reason why he wasn't asked back even after Ando was punted. Also highlighted it with inappropriate, childish behaviour after a PL game.

Graham - was sadly out of form. Never recaptured it. So in hindisght he was past it and the decision was vindicated. He didn't "come back to bite" as the phrase here goes.

Mellor - Is leaving again for similar reasons. All this year he has been playing with injury at the behest of the coaching and training staff. So is he a sook or is the problem in the club with that one?