What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saturday 30th July 2005 - Forum Controversy Day - Some more input

gavin_miller

Juniors
I was kinda happy about ronny prince being kicked out...
Nicky Graham on the other hand I loved! heart and soul Shire boy...met Tim Sheens and was treated like s**t yet again, thats why he didnt come back to bite us...

MrSharky

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
Add Dean Treister in there and Luke Covell , the controversial sacking to PL

Yeah!! The fact he was dropped before David Simmons... :lol: :lol:

:cool:

ghoti

Bench
BBSF, are you a normal human being? Threads such as Covell Backstabbed Again scare the sh*t outta me. Do you honestly have a love for Covell this strong? His goalkicking ahs gone to hell and back (missed 5 in premmy league against Newcastle) and the speed of Merrit shows how important speed really is on the wings.

Covell had a good start to the season, but began to play horribly and deserved to be dropped.

As for CJS, nice little test there. Bang, straight away everyone assumes some racist allusion (including myself.) It's a valid point about placing down four white players.

As for those droppings....I believe most were called for aside from the Peach.

- Campbell refused to play for the team and decided to have a whinge about not playing halfback. It's been proven that Kimmorley was the number one choice for half. No matter how good Campbell was in '01...the presence of Dykes gave us some direction. Without him, we would of been all over the place. It was a pity, but Campbell didn't want to play, therefore he left.

- Prince: Didn't really make his mark enough to be kept. Played well at Parramatta I thought. He's at Wests now isn't he?

- Merrit: failed to impress all of last year, is a great attacking player...but a defensive liability. More so than Simmons. Signed with Souths on his own accord...IMHO, was never treated poorly by the club.

There's no conspiracy anywhere related to sackings of players being either religious (or non-religious in the case of the above) racist or whatever. The board is junk anyway.

millersnose

Post Whore
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
Too many assumptions. It's like a disease here. I have simply posted 4 names and you lot have done the rest, not me.

It was actually because of the religion discussion that I wrote 4 names.

SOL - I didn't allude to anything. Just posted 4 names.

millersnose - are the names I posted not white players? Of course white players get dumped.

DJDL - what bow? WHat did I say. I think you're drawing the bow for me :) Naughty.

5harkies - as per SOL. I made no comment. Just 4 names and a line "take it where you want to"

The Popper - cop what?

Dread - did you see a pattern?

So the thing is this. I post 4 names and say take it where you want to and you all assume I am alluding to something. How? I made no qualifying statement or comment. I offered no opinion.

If I had put 4 of the other names down would you all of assumed I was alluding to some problem with whites? Doubtful, isn't it.

You know why don't you? Because like it or not the path you, the respondents, have taken is foremost in your minds. Why is that?

And just to be courteous to Dread who actually thought out a reply.

Treister - did his share of abusing people in public - the reason why he wasn't asked back even after Ando was punted. Also highlighted it with inappropriate, childish behaviour after a PL game.

Graham - was sadly out of form. Never recaptured it. So in hindisght he was past it and the decision was vindicated. He didn't "come back to bite" as the phrase here goes.

Mellor - Is leaving again for similar reasons. All this year he has been playing with injury at the behest of the coaching and training staff. So is he a sook or is the problem in the club with that one?

lol come on capn

put your hand on the koran and tell me you werent doing some shyt stirring based on an expansion of a theme reefy has bought up a few times in the past