What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save Leichhardt Oval

Tigerm

First Grade
The dockers of the tigers are dead, while we need to respect the past we don’t need to live in it. Balmain and surrounds is full of greenies and other types who do not give a flying far k about footy. While I wouldn’t necessarily like to see us out of Leichhardt, I really wish we had of based our plans around Campbelltown, ie; all our training and development, that’s where our future comes from. Concord was a massive mistake
The Balmain and Western Suburbs are part of the WT's geographical area, both clubs have a seat on the board, West Ashfield all but own the club, we will see what happens.
Concord was developed because we had assistance from government authorities, you just don't build these things on a corner block. But it doesn't matter, it's where it is and won't change.
From memory, Campbelltown Stadium was never a great consideration, because it was thought players and fans wouldn't travel there, to date that's largely proven to be correct, but they will now be attempting to change that? I'm not against taking the footy to CS at all, just believe that is should be shared.
I'm betting we end up at Accor, Richo seems to have an liking for stadiums with lots of corporate boxes?
Balmain is full of greenies? Do greenies have children?

Nutz

Bench
We should be able to improve both CS and LO, have our breeding grounds of the Macarthur district and have the inner city connection.
For the sake of the joint venture and history keep playing an even amount of games at CS and LO.
I'll even donate a dunny and a few bricks for God sake.

Nutz

Bench
The demise of our great inner west oval is happening.
Those of us who have basically cut our rugby league teeth there are eventually going to have to let it go.
Richo has made it quiet clear it has no future. The idea of a quick fix is not an option as there basically is no room literally for renovations.
The emphasis on spectator safety and comfort is at forefront of Richo's [board's] thoughts and plans.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way out of this, Leichhardt Oval will drift slowly off into the sunset as any future remaining games will only be played during the day and eventually none at all.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Fox NRL twitter
Accor Stadium could be set to become Sydney's best arena for sporting events...

A $300 million roof could become a reality for the venue 😮
———————-
It’s been said Richo likes Accor?
He’s fond of corporate boxes.
Could this be the reason he is agitating to dump LO, without a fight :(

Tigerm

First Grade
Are you watching the Dogs v Roosters game at a big stadium Richo.
Great atmosphere hey mate....Not!
I remember a few years back now, when we were playing every where but the home grounds, and they changed back to LO & CS (+1 at Tamworth) because we weren’t winning, due to member demand, nothings over, until it’s done.

Pezz70

Juniors
The Balmain and Western Suburbs are part of the WT's geographical area, both clubs have a seat on the board, West Ashfield all but own the club, we will see what happens.
Concord was developed because we had assistance from government authorities, you just don't build these things on a corner block. But it doesn't matter, it's where it is and won't change.
From memory, Campbelltown Stadium was never a great consideration, because it was thought players and fans wouldn't travel there, to date that's largely proven to be correct, but they will now be attempting to change that? I'm not against taking the footy to CS at all, just believe that is should be shared.
I'm betting we end up at Accor, Richo seems to have an liking for stadiums with lots of corporate boxes?
Greenies tend not to reproduce and when they do the gremlins are just like them, little commies who would be happy to see the human race annihilated, certainly not your typical footy fans. As for no crowds at ctown, that’s has been largely true because the club hasn’t really bought into the area, in fact they’ve largely wiped the area, hence a good part of the reason Wests Campbelltown withdrew their support for the football club. The COE in concord will end up being the clubs demise, we will be like the Roosters and be buying a side rather than developing our juniors. As you can see from my posts I have a real thing about how the wests tigers handled the amalgamation and the direction they’ve headed. No foresight, no vision just dysfunctional bickering and a leaning.to try to appease old football fans living in areas in which the game is practically dead, once those oldies die there’ll be no base for football in an area largely populated by yuppies l, greenies and internationals that don’t give a rats arse about footy.

Nutz

Bench
Greenies tend not to reproduce and when they do the gremlins are just like them, little commies who would be happy to see the human race annihilated, certainly not your typical footy fans. As for no crowds at ctown, that’s has been largely true because the club hasn’t really bought into the area, in fact they’ve largely wiped the area, hence a good part of the reason Wests Campbelltown withdrew their support for the football club. The COE in concord will end up being the clubs demise, we will be like the Roosters and be buying a side rather than developing our juniors. As you can see from my posts I have a real thing about how the wests tigers handled the amalgamation and the direction they’ve headed. No foresight, no vision just dysfunctional bickering and a leaning.to try to appease old football fans living in areas in which the game is practically dead, once those oldies die there’ll be no base for football in an area largely populated by yuppies l, greenies and internationals that don’t give a rats arse about footy.
We are talking about saving inner city suburban grounds from being culled that have fans spread across the country. LO is not just for locals. In fact no club is.
I live in Brisbane but venture to LO every year to watch home games [not lately due illness]
Wests Tigers are fortunate to have Balmain as part of their joint venture who helped start the game in the city of Sydney and formed inner city rivalries.
If we are not careful, the very essence of the game as it was intended to be will be a distant memory, lost forever.
It's about preserving history and grass roots....nothing more.
The problem with society is we are too anxious to get rid of history instead of preserving it.

Pezz70

Juniors
We are talking about saving inner city suburban grounds from being culled that have fans spread across the country. LO is not just for locals. In fact no club is.
I live in Brisbane but venture to LO every year to watch home games [not lately due illness]
Wests Tigers are fortunate to have Balmain as part of their joint venture who helped start the game in the city of Sydney and formed inner city rivalries.
If we are not careful, the very essence of the game as it was intended to be will be a distant memory, lost forever.
It's about preserving history and grass roots....nothing more.
The problem with society is we are too anxious to get rid of history instead of preserving it.
It’s good to acknowledge the past, bad to live in it.

Pezz70

Juniors
Give me a reconditioned HT Holden Panel Van any day rather than the modern day cars. Atmosphere, not shiny buttons.
As the great Benji Marshall says at every press conference, ‘ who cares about last year, it’s a memory.”

blue bags

First Grade
Leichhardt oval heritage listed protected ?
Look at Redfern oval it's still there. And still used as a footy field. Just think how much that land is worth. Being in the City
Redfern property prices are going crazy
With City yuppies