What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save Mary

After hearing the rumours and innuendo all week, I have great concerns for this game against the Titans. I know for a fact that Mary will be sacked should you guys lose this game. It is imperative that the Dragons do whatever they can to win this game. They need to win to preserve the club's culture and Mary's legacy. This club has had a tough year to say the least. JDB, the fans negativity and yes it true even some of the players have turned on the great man himself. The playing group mutiny is lead none other than Lachlan Timm that have even swept the likes of Frizzell. He must be stopped and let go at the end of the year. You cannot let this cancer continue to infect this club.

The reality is that you all despise Mary because you all hate a self made man from Illawarra who has achieved even the slightest bit of success. From day 1 you've never gave him a chance, death riding him at any opportunity. Everyone knew he was destined for greatness, to be the coach to lead you to glory. It's no coincidence that he was dubbed the Maestro. Let go of your anger, stupidity and ignorance I beg of you.

I know we've had our differences but I hope we can put that aside and cheer on the team. I'm no fan of the club but the game suffers without your history. History that Mary has been apart of will continue to be.

Let us unite as one and cheer on the boys.
What a load of tripe you bloviating wind bag!

Lovemedragons

Juniors
After hearing the rumours and innuendo all week, I have great concerns for this game against the Titans. I know for a fact that Mary will be sacked should you guys lose this game. It is imperative that the Dragons do whatever they can to win this game. They need to win to preserve the club's culture and Mary's legacy. This club has had a tough year to say the least. JDB, the fans negativity and yes it true even some of the players have turned on the great man himself. The playing group mutiny is lead none other than Lachlan Timm that have even swept the likes of Frizzell. He must be stopped and let go at the end of the year. You cannot let this cancer continue to infect this club.

The reality is that you all despise Mary because you all hate a self made man from Illawarra who has achieved even the slightest bit of success. From day 1 you've never gave him a chance, death riding him at any opportunity. Everyone knew he was destined for greatness, to be the coach to lead you to glory. It's no coincidence that he was dubbed the Maestro. Let go of your anger, stupidity and ignorance I beg of you.

I know we've had our differences but I hope we can put that aside and cheer on the team. I'm no fan of the club but the game suffers without your history. History that Mary has been apart of will continue to be.

I just have to ask....are you master of your domain?

President Trump

Juniors
You should relocate the team to Hong Kong - the name fits, as the Hong Kong Dragons you could finally have a wider fan base and attract sponsorship from businesses in Chinatown.

Dragons 09

Juniors
You should relocate the team to Hong Kong - the name fits, as the Hong Kong Dragons you could finally have a wider fan base and attract sponsorship from businesses in Chinatown.

Us supporters get accused of being "demanding" when we complain about the incompetence that is rife throughout the club, can you just imagine how them Hong Kong supporters would react to McGregor's shambolic performance?.............man, that would be one hell of a protest.

President Trump

Juniors
Us supporters get accused of being "demanding" when we complain about the incompetence that is rife throughout the club, can you just imagine how them Hong Kong supporters would react to McGregor's shambolic performance?.............man, that would be one hell of a protest.

Well if they have the balls to protest against the Communist Party then they have what it takes to Oust Doust and take on the jokers who run your club administration. Besides isn't Hurstville basically part of Hong Kong now? Would be good for multiculturalism.

St Georgio

Juniors
I was thinking, I would be happy for McGregor to stay on as coach providing we go back to being called the St George Dragons and The NRL officially acknowledges our rich history and all winning Premierships!!!

Here's a simple question that contradicts your underlying sentiments.
What criteria were used to appoint McGregor as head coach of St. George?
No coaching experience and no apprenticeship under any high profile coach.
His only claim to fame are 3 coalfield premierships and two mediocre years as a reserve grade coach.
How does that qualify him to coach first grade let alone one of the elite clubs in the competition?
So call it "anger, stupidity and ignorance" if you will but answer the question.
The fact that he is an Illawarra boy is irrelevant.
There is no legacy other than that of failure and a litany of poor performances.
McGregor has had plenty of chances.
It's time that the players spoke up and expressed how they really feel about this ring in.

Great thread Ray.
Love your insight into psyche of the long suffering Dragon supporter while keeping the sarcasm and innuendo in check though I did think you missed picking up on our dislike of tallish bald headed coaches.
You are quite right to say some despise the success of self made men from that region but as pointed out by all and sundry we have no reason the loathe Paul due to his continued failing success as a coach.
His epithet the maestro came from the spell checker unfortunately bastardising zero master (had to spell whole thing, damn spell checker) and as for the statement disliked him from day 1 I take great umbrage with it , no 3 days for the educated to 8 for the ones that left school early but as you can see Dragon supporters are fast learners.
Guessing you used to be Lift operator because you seem to know what button to press and your photo is vaguely familiar are you Alan Jones ?
LMAO!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I was thinking, I would be happy for McGregor to stay on as coach providing we go back to being called the St George Dragons and The NRL officially acknowledges our rich history and all winning Premierships!!!
That does piss me off that our premierships are not acknowledged, don’t need to go back to being called St George though. Just include the bloody things, We all know what the team with the red v has done no matter what the wankers at the NRL reckon.

merahputih

Juniors

Been away overseas and just caught up with this. Love a bit of sarcasm and a gee up. Great stuff.