What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

saw stevo up at cronulla

In a sling
Looking like he was struggling to walk without discomfort

From what I saw I cant see him playing again this season, semis or not...
Hope I'm wrong

Frenzy.

Post Whore
MRI tomorrow I believe.

I heard a little rumour he had a posterior dislocation. Pretty rare and a lot worse than the normal anterior dislocation.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Poor bloke. What a way to end it.

At least i have some great memories of the man...

Wedgies or no wedgies:)

Booyah

Bench
Anyone ever dislocated their shoulder?

Apparently they hurt like hell for ages, even when they've been fixed. Give me a knee injury any day.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Booyah said:

No.

But for some fuggen reason ive been sleeping like a mong and it feels like ive tackled Webcke 100 times in a row. Im hoping its the cold weather cause the pain is a nuisance.

MrSharky

Juniors
Booyah said:

Apparently they hurt like hell for ages, even when they've been fixed. Give me a knee injury any day.

As long as it's only a cork... ;-)

I'd actually rather a shoulder dislocation than a serious knee injury, as I wouldn't want to ever not be able to walk...

:cool:

Booyah

Bench
It's not the cold, it's the way you're sleeping. Try sleep on your back and see if it's any better the next day.

Might have a pinched a nerve.

Chiropractor - HOOOO!

Booyah

Bench
MrSharky said:
As long as it's only a cork... ;-)

I'd actually rather a shoulder dislocation than a serious knee injury, as I wouldn't want to ever not be able to walk...

:cool:

I dunno mate, I've got a serious knee injury and I'm walking just fine - for now.

But my mate, who has dislocated his Shoulders, yes Shoulders, Plural, playing footy and the poor bastard can hardly do anything without them popping out.

He's even popped one out trying to rip open a 6 pack of Extra Dry. It's horrendus.

Yes
I've done it many times

It's f**king agonising

And there we have it folks, an official confirmation - Shoulder dislocations hurt like fuuck.

imasharkie

Coach
Booyah said:

Yep got it in a game in the bush against a sh*te team from a late tackle. Had to travel 1 hour to the nearest hospital. Seemed like hours and hurt like hell every bump. Also dislocated my knee and that f**ken hurt too

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I did mine years ago slightly.
It seperates the 2 bones in your shoulder, I cant remember the names. So the joint opens up & is clearly visible to the naked eye when you have done this. Also the ligaments stretch. they never return to normal size.
that is why they operate,. to tighten the ligaments & tendons to tighten the arm ball into the larger socket. I fyou dont get it done, the can pop out when you sneeze if severe enough.

roboshark

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
I did mine years ago slightly.
It seperates the 2 bones in your shoulder, I cant remember the names. So the joint opens up & is clearly visible to the naked eye when you have done this. Also the ligaments stretch. they never return to normal size.
that is why they operate,. to tighten the ligaments & tendons to tighten the arm ball into the larger socket. I fyou dont get it done, the can pop out when you sneeze if severe enough.

Captain will know

Booyah

Bench
Shoulder separation occurs where the collarbone (clavicle) meets the shoulder blade (scapula).

When ligaments that hold the AC (acromioclavicular) joint together are partially or completely torn, the outer end of the clavicle may slip out of place, preventing it from properly meeting the scapula. Most often the injury is caused by a blow to the shoulder or by falling on an outstretched hand.

The shoulder joint is the most frequently dislocated major joint of the body. In a typical case of a dislocated shoulder, a strong force that pulls the shoulder outward (abduction) or extreme rotation of the joint pops the ball of the humerus out of the shoulder socket.

Dislocation commonly occurs when there is a backward pull on the arm that either catches the muscles unprepared to resist or overwhelms the muscles. When a shoulder dislocates frequently, the condition is referred to as shoulder instability. A partial dislocation where the upper arm bone is partially in and partially out of the socket is called a subluxation. In the medical community, dislocation is commonly referred to as luxation