What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saw the cover today

Paullyboy

Coach
I was walkin past an EB today at Garden City (brisbane) and saw the NRL cover through the window so popped in to have a look. I had to push my way through about 5 people (which is a good sign for the game!) to get to one of the cases with good ol Steven Price on the cover. On the back there are some screenshots i hadn't seen yet which was pretty cool. There is one of Joey converting a shot at goal and a bronco player with headgear (wasnt sure who, it may have been Swain).

Not sure how long the actual cases have been out for but just thought some of you's may be interested.

Stevo_G

Juniors
why is steven price on the cover no disrespect to him but why wouldn;t they put andrew johns or gorden tallis on the cover due to them being more high profile

ReplicatedGod

Juniors
Stevo_G said:
why is steven price on the cover no disrespect to him but why wouldn;t they put andrew johns or gorden tallis on the cover due to them being more high profile

that got me baffled as well...why not Joey on the cover...no point putting Tallis on there now...but Steve Price???

Raider_69

Post Whore
if johns got on the cover i would have been extremly pissed off..... he is my most hated player..... someone evryone likes should be there i.e Lockyer

Tadpole

Juniors
Phil Bailey :D .

In all seriousness, i dont see it as a problem Steve Price being on the cover, he is a recognisable face and a good ambassador for the game, he is one of a heap ofplayers who could have been there, but then again you put someone else there, you are going to have someone else questioning why he is on the cover :roll:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Steve Price doesnt get a lot of recognition like Johns, Tallis and Barrett does. I think its good to see someone like him on the cover.

I think Price is a good choice. He is a very good ambassador for the game, he is well like in the rugby league community, and most people on here who say they don't like him is because he is a Bulldogs player. So what?

He handled the whol salary cap scandal very well. He is an honest player. And unlike most other top players he hasn't been involved in any personal scandals, unlike (Fittler, Gower, Johns etc etc).

But at the end of the day unless you are a big league fan I don't think you would know it was Price and think it was some random person, it's like like it's called Steve Price's Rugby League.

So who really cares?

devonuto

Juniors
What about 2003 Footy Show player of the year, and would-be Dally M winner, Graig Gower... Gowie's a legend!!!!!

Dogs Of War

Coach
devonuto said:
What about 2003 Footy Show player of the year, and would-be Dally M winner, Graig Gower... Gowie's a legend!!!!!

Yeah, lets call the game Craig Gowers Rugby League with bonus in-game let's show my penis to the girls in a pub in coogee. Fun for all ages.

steven_tiger

Juniors
i think it's good someone 'different' is on the cover.... but why have steve price scoring a try??!! :?: :?

how many tries has he scored in his career ? 3 ? :lol:

i thought that was strange. :oops:

devonuto

Juniors
Dogs Of War said:
devonuto said:

Yeah, lets call the game Craig Gowers Rugby League with bonus in-game let's show my penis to the girls in a pub in coogee. Fun for all ages.

That'd be cool... perhaps you could get him to expose himself on command... distract the tacklers with his tackle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

crazy john

Juniors
devonuto said:
Dogs Of War said:
devonuto said:

That'd be cool... perhaps you could get him to expose himself on command... distract the tacklers with his tackle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one.

Paullyboy

Coach
Raider_69 said:
if johns got on the cover i would have been extremly pissed off..... he is my most hated player..... someone evryone likes should be there i.e Lockyer

Everyone likes? I hate Lockyer more than any other player in the league (its tight between him, danny wiliams and matt geyer)

miccle

Bench
you hate lockyer? :shock: first for everything i guess.

I really don't care who is on the cover, but i'm more than happy with Steve Price. IMO, a top player and bloke who is extremely underrated - i regard him as one of the best forwards in the game!

Kasper

Bench
crazy john said:
devonuto said:
Dogs Of War said:
devonuto said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Princess Ange

Juniors
devonuto said:
Dogs Of War said:
devonuto said:

:shock: ooooooh, kinky :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

would be something for the girls to 'utilise' ;-) :p

undyflag

Juniors
I DONT GIVE A RIGHT ROYAL F**K WHOS ON THE COVER! IT COULDVE BEEN KIRK REYNOLDSON DISPLAYING HIS BITS AND PIECES FOR ALL TO SEE OR MORE PREFERABLY A SHARKS CHEERLEADER SHOOTING OUT A FOOTBALL FROM SOMEWHERE SPECIAL. CUZ ALL I KNOW IS THAT AT THE END OF THE DAY IS THE COVER OF THE GAME WILL BE SPRAWLED SOMEWHERE ACROSS MY BEDROOM FLOOR MOST LIKELY LOST AMIDST MY SKIDMARK UNDIES AND THE GAME WILL BE SAFELY IMPLANTED INTO MY PS2 FOR GOOD!!

Latest posts