What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SBW, Benji, Falou and Sam Burgess

Loudstrat

Coach
guessing that SBW, Del and Tuqiri don't count?

At present it looks like league isn't really targeting top union talent, but are more than happy to sign the promising youngsters like Tuivasa-Sheck, Konrad Hurrell and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.
lol - and Sam Burgess is a Souffs junior...........

Juniors are not top shelf talent. But League doesnt sign Union reserve graders for rep positions, like when Duncan Macrae left Souths reserve grade side to play for NSW in Yawnion :lol::lol:

Andrew Leeds was the last fair dinkum Wallaby to make a mark in League.

English Rose

Juniors
Sam Burgess has 2 choices:

1. Stay in league and become a South Sydney an rugby league legend and will probably be remembered as the best ever British import to play in the NRL.

Or

2. Jump ship to Rugby union and watch the media in England make him the scapegoat for England not winning the 2015 World Cup because I guarantee that will happen!

Brutus

Referee
If they were stunt recruiting a Kiwi, the other code would be the obvious one to look at.

There won't be an AFL team in NZ in 50 years let alone 5.

Logic agrees with you, but the VFL doesn't run on logic.

Brutus

Referee

Juniors are not top shelf talent. But League doesnt sign Union reserve graders for rep positions, like when Duncan Macrae left Souths reserve grade side to play for NSW in Yawnion :lol::lol:

And Leeds was a reliable, but average first-grader at best.

Wasn't Duncan Mcrae with the Bulldogs Super League side after Souths and before Union?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Do those who suggest that players who go to Union shouldn't be allowed back in NRL, realize how childish they sound?

Do those who suggest that players who go to Union shouldn't be allowed back in NRL, realize how childish they sound?

It's hilarious, eh? I'm working, someone taps me on the shoulder and says I'll give you double to work over here. Guess where I start on Monday, or at least after my notice period. LOL.

Loudstrat

Coach
It's hilarious, eh? I'm working, someone taps me on the shoulder and says I'll give you double to work over here. Guess where I start on Monday, or at least after my notice period. LOL.
"And we will give you a totally different job. You wont ever get to see a computer, a desk, a customer or even a pen, and all the office girls will be 30kg heavier than where you work now" Of course you'd jump - what a career move :lol:

Valheru

Coach
Sam Burgess has 2 choices:

1. Stay in league and become a South Sydney an rugby league legend and will probably be remembered as the best ever British import to play in the NRL.

Or

2. Jump ship to Rugby union and watch the media in England make him the scapegoat for England not winning the 2015 World Cup because I guarantee that will happen!

Well at least he will have a chance to win somehting beyond the charity shield. Obviously not the WC but the 6 nations or something.

thorson1987

Coach

First thing I thought of when I saw the news.

shenanigans.gif

LJC

Juniors
Chin up mate. Cant stop them from doing it. Its not Farrells or Buregss's fault that the game either doesn't have the support or, more likely, the administration it needs in England. The SL is so gaudy and poorly marketed. They've let it be pigeon holed.

Best hope is to have kids come out here at 18 for a few years to learn how to be a better player. Thats simply down to facilities, money & the weather. They they go back at 21 or whatever.

I watch SL and honestly, some of those stadiums would be condemned if they were in Australia. Its a bad look for the game and the game itself has always been marginalised.

Is the support really there for it in the UK? Union is a natural competitor. Its far more popular than League in the UK. More $$$ and exposure for players.

RU may have a bigger profile in the South of England but it is undeniable when the English RL side play a game at the same time the English RU side play, the TV ratings show a massive ratings win for RL every time!

RL has got the better product but it hasn't got the "friends in high places" that RU has!

The reason: a flow on effect of the private school education system which propagates the code of RU in many places around the world! RL does not have such an advantage which is wrong but very true!

"And we will give you a totally different job. You wont ever get to see a computer, a desk, a customer or even a pen, and all the office girls will be 30kg heavier than where you work now" Of course you'd jump - what a career move :lol:

Oh , I'd take less to do that job.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Disappointing for the game here and in England and on international stage. Scum union!
Hopefully Sam will come back after he has got his fools gold, hopefully not too fat for RL.

Perth Red

Post Whore
RU may have a bigger profile in the South of England but it is undeniable when the English RL side play a game at the same time the English RU side play, the TV ratings show a massive ratings win for RL every time!

RL has got the better product but it hasn't got the "friends in high places" that RU has!

The reason: a flow on effect of the private school education system which propagates the code of RU in many places around the world! RL does not have such an advantage which is wrong but very true!

RU is only bigger in the south of England, check out how the game is travelling in Leeds, sale and falcons to see its lack of popularity in the rest of England.

Interestingly the English union premiership has moved to BT and is getting killed in the ratings. They only have the international game to keep their domestic leagues alive including in NZ, Australia and England.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_14196-super-league-opener-breaks-tv-record.html